Favorite Outfits of 2018.

A New year is upon us, literally hours away (just a weekend away now). I only managed to average 3 to 4 posts each week because life is busy, especially when you have to work full-time and be a mom full-time, all the time. I do plan on two more outfit posts this year though, one over the weekend and one on Monday the 31st. One will be casual and one will be dressy. I am hoping to post 3 more outfits, actually. Fingers crossed! My goal for next year is to be able to have between 230 to 260 posts for the entire year, but I won't sweat it either way. This blog still is a hobby to me, though it is a side job that doesn't really pay but which does indeed take up a lot of my time. My point is, I will also spend time with my daughter, do things, enjoy life and hopefully get to travel a little this upcoming year, too.

Today I am doing a Style recap of my favorite outfits of 2018 - a total of 25 outfits! In case you are wondering the two photos above show my most favorite look of 2018. We will get more on that, a little below. I love doing these recap style posts of the year we left behind, each year. I also love when other bloggers do it and when they go through their own favorite outfits. I think style is a matter of taste and what might look good to my eye, may not to your eye. Which makes these posts more fun and a little unexpected. Anyway, here is a look at my favorite outfits from each month. I picked one casual and one dressy outfit from each month. I will be honest with you though, in real life I wore at least another 100 outfits that never made it into the blog. And I even photographed like half of them but unfortunately never had time to edit the photos or post them on the blog. However, another 20 outfits or so did make it into my Instagram as I post there daily.  So my recap of the Favorite Looks ONLY contains the outfits that were blogged and that you got to see via my blog. OK, so here is a breakdown of favorite outfits month by month (one dressy/dressed up look and one casual/everyday look). But first, let's look at my Most Favorite Outfit of the entire year. =)



MOST  FAVORITE  OUTFIT  OF  2018.
This Outfit always stood out to me from the entire year. I love it so much. I love that I did head to toe black - which is rare for me as a color-lover. I love that I chose a bag in a plum color for a pop of color. I love that I styled a two-piece eyelet set of a midi skirt and a cropped tank top and that I chose to wear it with edgy boots. This outfit is edgy, sexy - while all covered up, fun, sassy, elegant, feminine and it got so many compliments. This outfit is one that a cool mom would wear and I like to think I looked cool, that day. One of the compliments from this lady in her 60s that was so gracefully-dressed, even stood out to me (you should read the original post). I felt fabulous in this outfit more than I did in every other outfit. I actually wore and blogged this skirt 2-3 times this past year and it was even the fourth post in my "Skirtmas in July" month, but this was the first time I wore this skirt and by far the best time. And I look like a million bucks though I am wearing Target head to toe. Again, the brands or prices of the clothes and accessories you wear don't matter at the end of the day. It is the way you wear them, the attitude you carry and how you style them that makes an outfit shine, or otherwise. I also loved all the photos from this fun afternoon/early evening downtown Northville - one my of favorite local towns. I loved Vivian's outfit too and how we looked together.  But another reason about this being my most favorite outfit of the year is because this is the kind of outfit that is both casual and dressy. And that is the best type of outfit. What do you think?! Is my Most Favorite Outfit of 2018 your most favorite too, from the outfits I showed in this Style Recap post?! Or do you prefer another one?! Let me know in the comments.



JANUARY {Lots of Red this month and a Huge Blog Celebration+Collaboration with a Giveaway - see first outfit, right below.}



FEBRUARY {The shortest month but I managed to post 18 times. Possibly my favorite month of outfits too. I rocked the hats!}



MARCH {We got a glimpse of Spring this month and there were a few sexy and dressy outfits. Some of them were worn during February which is the month of love. I had a work gala too and killed it in a red dress!}



APRIL {It must have been a very busy early Spring, cause I only managed to blog very few outfits.}

Casual


MAY {My birthday month where I had my annual blogging birthday party with my blogging friends. I wore a lot of dresses and stripes. And the Nude Laceup Sandals (from the outfit below) were my most-worn shoes.}

Casual


Dressy


JUNE {My June continued with dresses and skinny jeans. I also wore many light layers and pretty, breezy tops. I also continued wearing pastels.}



JULY {This was the month I started collaborating a lot with my friend ELSIE from Polished Whimsy where we did our Skirtmas in July post and styled 12 different styles of skirts and style of outfits for the whole month of July. My most favorite outfit of the entire year (first 3 pictures on top of this post) is also from this month. I loved this series so much and I loved wearing and styling a lot of my skirts. I must say I had a very stylish July!



AUGUST {This month you saw a lot of color, a lot of florals and many outings with Vivian. I did a lot of photo-shoots out and about Michigan and visited many cute down-towns. Also, there is a lot of sunshine in my photos.}



SEPTEMBER {This month I blogged very little. Perhaps because I got back to another routine that was different from Summer and Vivian of course entered Elementary School and started Kindergarden. There are still a couple of outfits that stood out from this month, however.}




OCTOBER {We saw touches of Fall into the air and that showed in some of my outfits, too. I love dressing for Fall. This is actually the month I had the hardest time choosing favorites. I erased the original choices lol. In reality I have two favorite dressy outfits and two favorite casual outfits. Oh and to be pointed out - I wore a lot of Millennial Pink and Red this month, even paired pink with red.}



NOVEMBER {Layers, Burgundy, Red, Skinny Jeans and Skirts made up the 'symbols' of this month's outfits. I started wearing booties and boots and you saw some of my cold-weather hats. I did a lot of collaborations during this month, too. I wore a lot of casual outfits in November and only two dressy ones but I actually had the hardest time choosing my favorite dressy look between those two lol.}



NOVEMBER {Outfits get more glamorous, more fancied up, dressier and more sparkly this month. Some of my outfits - as every December - were shot by my Christmas Tree and I did my annual Holiday Home Tour too. Though I have 2 or 3 more looks to blog this month, I know hands down the outfits below are my favorites! What do you think?!}



Last but not least I have to finish it off with dessert and that is my princess Vivian. She is the icing, the whipped cream and the cherry on top of my life. Vivian was featured a lot on my blog in 2018, but my Favorite Vivian Post is the one below where I shared all about Vivian starting Kindergarten. This is a big milestone in her life but even in my life as her mom. I am so very proud of her. The post was filled with the cutest photos too and I loved her outfit so much. The unicorn is a big metaphor for what I want her to achieve in life. I want Vivian to dream big and realize all of those dreams!! Thank you for giving mommy the most loving year in 2018 my sweet girl, and it hasn't been an easy year - I have a huge post about that coming in January of the new year - but with Vivian next to me I have won the lottery, seriously! What a gem and a blessing she is!!





Since this was Christmas week, some of you haven't had time to link up with Thursday Moda. So, for your convenience I am leaving the linkup code below. Happy Linking and Happy Last Weekend of Two Thousand Eighteen!!






Comments

  1. So many gorgeous and stylish outfits Ada! I especially love the red and polka dot dresses!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wore so many cute outfit in 2018. Can't wait to see what you will be wearing in 2019.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a collection, Ada! My favourite look is from January - the one with the tulle skirt. Thank you for joining #myredcarpet link up.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all really lovely on you dear, especially the little red dress. Such a chic and sassy look!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun look back, Ada. I remember I had just started blogging when I ran across your skirtmas in July series and thought it was brilliant. I'm a big skirt lover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black dress! There are so many cute outfits here. Thanks for linking up for The Weekly Style Edit. xo ~ Megan The Fashionista Momma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts