Skirtmas in July Collaboration, Day 2: Wrap Mini Skirts.

suede wrap mini skirt | skirt outfit | fashion | j crew factory | blank nyc | style | trendy | summer style | gingham shirt | rainbow clutch | alice and olivia | polished whimsy | skirtmas in july | pattern mixing and colorful style blog
If you stopped by my blog yesterday, you then know that I will be blogging brand-new outfits every day this week for a special and super-fun collaboration I am doing with ELSIE from Polished Whimsy. We both love skirts and own so many of them, including some of the latest trends and some of the latest super cute skirts Target and Loft have had recently. Since we talked about Ruffled Wrap Skirts yesterday, we will continue  with wrap skirts today, but with the mini version of them. I loved Elsie's first outfit she posted yesterday and today she is back with a perfect date night look. 

For the second day of our #skirtmasinjuly collaboration (follow us with that hashtag on Instagram) we are featuring our Wrap Faux Suede Mini Skirts. My skirt today is also by Loft (like the 2 skirts from yesterday) and for being a Faux Suede material, it is pretty light and it is Navy which means it can work for every season. Elsie also owns a Faux Suede Mini Skirt in a Nude Color which she too can year all year long. I just love her Red Gingham Tank and that Striped Rainbow Clutch she styled her faux wrap mini with. I couldn't help but notice the similar Tan Ghilly Sandals we both wore and that we both chose Statement Earrings. While both outfits are perfect for a Date Night or a Girls Night Out, Elsie's would be great for Sunday brunch or a lunch with girlfriends too since it is more daytime-appropriate. With the nature of my One-Shoulder Silky Bow Top, my outfit is better suited for the evening or a fun weekend night out and about. That is exactly where I wore it to.


TEXTURES  AND  ASYMMETRY.
You will notice the textures and asymmetry in this outfit. My Silky Asymmetric One-Shouldered Top with the Gorgeous 3D Bow has been in my closet for close to a decade and it is by The Limited. It is the perfect top and the right texture/material to wear for a night out. And as I mentioned my Loft Wrap Mini is in a Faux Suede and it also has that asymmetric detail going on. I love the unique way it ties too. It is the most comfortable little mini. More texture comes through the Gorgeous Blush Pink Feather Statement Earrings by Loft and also the Tan Faux Leather Ghilly Block-Heel Sandals by Charlotte Russe (this is the 3rd Summer I have them and have worn them a ton, super comfortable and well-made for the price). Loved how this asymmetric outfit worked out. So cute and sexy. I felt fabulous in it! What do you think?!



HOW  TO  STYLE  A  SUEDE  WRAP  MINI  SKIRT  FOR  THE  SUMMER.
A Suede Wrap Mini Skirt is more versatile and easy to wear as you may think and yes, you can wear it for the Summer too, as long as it isn't over 80 degrees, cause it might keep you warm. A Wrap Mini Skirt is a statement piece (whether in suede or not) and shows a lot of leg. So I would keep it pretty demure on the top. You can still show off some shoulder by wearing a sleeveless top or tank, or one shoulder like I did. But I wouldn't do a tube top, a cold-shoulder top or a bustier. Also no super tall heels or stilettos. I think in styling a Suede Wrap Mini Skirt for the Summer you should think Sandals or Gladiator Sandals like we did, a Cute Block Heel, a Low Pump (3 inches max), even an Open-Toe Bootie. For a more casual look think Converse, Thong Sandals, Canvas Sneakers or a Classic White Leather Sneaker. My tip in styling a Wrap Mini Skirt is to keep it a little simple but not be afraid to mix some colors, textures or prints and wear them with either a cropped top or a tucked-in top and make sure your tee or blouse is pretty fitted. Tunics and oversized tops don't quite work with them. Mini Wrap Skirts make a huge statement. They are a trendy item but also quite classy, feminine and versatile. They hide flaws, don't be afraid to wear them!

For reference I am wearing a Size 4 in the skirt. It is my normal size in Loft Skirts (though sometimes I need a 2). The One-Shouldered Top is in a Size Small.





 suede wrap mini skirt | skirt outfit | fashion | j crew factory | blank nyc | style | trendy | summer style | gingham shirt | rainbow clutch | alice and olivia | polished whimsy | skirtmas in july | pattern mixing and colorful style blog

Stay Tuned for Day 3 tomorrow, Elsie and I will be styling the same super pretty skirt, you don't want to miss it! And join us with your own skirts for the #skirtmasinjuly (Skirtmas in July Hashtag) on Instagram. Thank You!







Comments

  1. Rocking this wrap skirt, lady! I have been dipping into my dress collection as of late, but I should try to work more skirts into the rotation!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt looks fantastic on you Ada!!
    What a great outfit!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are rocking this wrap skirt. Another great outfit for a night out on the town.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these skirts are darling! Especially love the black wrap one!

    xx,
    Meredith
    LATEST POST | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ada, I love this outfit! That top is so pretty and the color is magnificent on you! You could totally style this in the fall and winter with tights, booties, and a blazer!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your skirt Ada, more than mine, to be honest! I also love the beautiful jewel tones and th shoes. I can't believe they are Charlotte Russe, are they comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Those shoes are very comfortable and the laces stay. I love this skirt too. My favorite from the entire series. I actually linked up an identical one, you can grab it. šŸ˜šŸ˜€šŸ¤—

      Delete
  8. You are looking so beautiful in this skirt and top.
    Have a great day <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun collaboration! I love wrap skirts and you both look so great!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicely done Ada ! Looking good my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot woo Ada! Love the striking blue color on you. I also am a fan of the one shoulder top. Love the wrap style and the detail on the skirt. You look great!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts