The Sunday Showcase Linkup, September 2018 - Still Summer.

I cannot believe September is here and that three quarters of this year are gone. Here we are with another "The Sunday Showcase" with my dearest friends KELLYANN from This Blonde's Shopping Bag and CHRISSY from Granola and Grace who have also had busy Summers and trying to make the most of Summer vacation with their boys, just like I have done with my little girl who in 2 days will be a 'new student' (her words exactly) in an elementary school, a kindergartener. This month we are showing some completely-different posts, style and otherwise. Myself, I am back with another Mommy+Daughter Out and About Life+Style Post.


THE  CUTEST  CORAL  SUMMER  TWEED  MINI.
When Loft did one of their crazy big sales this Summer where everything is either 40 or 50% OFF and combinable with an online discount code, I picked up this Gorgeous Coral Summer Tweed Mini Skirt with pockets along a couple other skirts and some Summery Sweaters. I call this a Summer Tweed because that is exactly the material of the skirt. It is tweedy but a light material. I love the light pastel coral that has hints of soft pink. Unfortunately my adorable skirt has been sold out but J.Crew has a very similar one in a light coral tweed in that amazing wrap style I have been loving a lot, this year. I have paired pink with white a lot this Summer (examples 1 and 2), but it has usually been the opposite: a white skirt with a pink top. This time I reversed it with the white on top. I love that I picked up this Aeropostale Laceup Tank Top this Summer (I own it in a light pink, too). It pairs so well with this cute mini skirt. I also added a lot of Summery Beaded Jewelry by Sue Marie (Charm Necklace, 3 Beaded Charm Bracelets + Red Charm Anklet). The Hand-Made Woven Turquoise Statement Earrings went so well with that Neutral Woven Tote. I wore my Mirrored Rose Gold Sunglasses by Charming Charlie's. Last, but not least I am wearing my "A New Day" Cheetah Slides from Target. They certainly go with everything! I ended up loving this Cute Summer Look and plan on wearing this Adorable Tweed Coral Mini once more before Summer is over (in about 3 weeks) and more into Fall. 


STILL  SUMMER.
Even-though most of the schools have started and some start on Tuesday after Labor Day, we still have a little Summer left. I have made the most of the Summer this year by spending free afternoons and weekends with my daughter by visiting cute areas and cities close to us and all the down-towns. We are surrounded by many gorgeous flowers and water fountains in all these cute down-towns we have gone to and Vivian for sure has smelled all the flowers and threw coins+made wishes in all of the fountains we have stopped by. That's my girl! This time we took a lot of photos by this adorable fountain down-town Milford. And yes Milford is a beautiful town. We called it home for a few years, too. We are lucky enough to live close to it, now. 



That saying on this photo collage above is an old saying we have in Albanian which translates and  quote: "Who has Daughters, has THE WORLD..." I couldn't agree with it more. ;-)
These outfits are from late July on a day out+about Downtown Milford, just 2 days before we went for our little Lake Michigan vacation. As you all know I wore mostly skirts all that month. Anyway, on the photo above you see the little "Proving Grounds" sign which belongs to a local cafe in Milford. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks after we were there this adorable, favorite local cafe caught on fire and they are still rebuilding it and remodeling it. I felt so bad because that is one of my favorite close-by family-owned cafes. I am a huge supporter of small businesses and local businesses. We love this particular cafe for many reasons, like their different-flavored French-press coffees and the fact that they have a little play area for the kids for them to play, draw, read, write/draw on the chalk board, etc.




Below is a collage of two very similar outfits I loved from August's Showcase Linkup. It was another Mommy+Vivian, Out+About Outfit Post and you all loved both my Cobalt Blue Floral Jumpsuit and her Adorable Tassel-Trimmed Fish Dress, so thank you!
I selected my very old blogging friend Lorena from the last Sunday linkup, to feature today, because she wore my two most favorite outfits and they both feature Gorgeous Patterned Pussy-Bow Blouses, Dressy Work Trousers, Similar Pumps, the same Classic Black Quilted Bag and even the same Black Round Sunglasses. First up in 'Old Acquintances' Lorena has on the most beautiful-printed bow blouse which has all that fun fringe on the hem of the bow. Paired with those indigo blue velvet pumps, it looks so rich and classy. Then, we have 'Casual Vs. Formal' with that gorgeous telephone-print blouse which looks amazing with the bright citrus pants. I love how Lorena has her work-style down. Just like her, a pretty blouse - especially one with a bow neckline - and a pair of dressy pants, both paired with pumps, are one of my work uniform outfits, especially come Fall. Lorena nailed them both! Speaking of work outfits, Lorena features them almost on the daily, on her lovely blog! =)


Shop  Our  Outfits  Below:














Image Map


Comments

  1. Hope you and Vivian are having a wonderful weekend and YES it still is summer!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the details on your tank top. It’s very much summertime here. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still summer here (Florida) for months! You and Vivian look terrific and so happy. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still summer here. Will be for a long time. Love your outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Summer outfit! The turquoise earrings are fab! It's still Summer here on and off, which makes picking an outfit tricky! One day it's cold, the next it's warm and sunny!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this casual outfit. The skirt is so cute on you and the slides from Target were such a good find! Also, like your pop of color in the earrings especially. You and Vivian look like you had such a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts