Thursday Moda #99: Red and Baubles.

And just like that, we have arrived at the 99th Thursday Moda linkup - which means it will be two years very soon, since I started this linkup and Thursdays have never been the same again and I mean that in a good way. Thanks to all of you amazing ladies that stop by this linkup every Thursday and share your lovely style! =)) Next week we are hitting triple digits and I have got something big working for you - a Giveaway and a Festive Collaboration with some of my blogger friends whom I love and admire - so make sure to stop by February 1st for my 100th Thursday Moda linkup. Meanwhile today is all about Red and Baubles and as a matter of fact, this is the outfit I wore yesterday to work. I kept this outfit later in the evening for when I went shopping with my mom (and bought nothing for myself - believe it or not) except I swapped for my Black Leather Booties instead (with boot socks) because it was like 18 degrees out.



THE  RED  SWEATER.
I actually purchased this sweater in October last year when Loft was having one of their '50 % OFF everything sales'. I remember picking up a few sweaters that day. I figured this would be great for the upcoming December holidays plus it had beautiful bell sleeves and it was red! You all know how I feel about red. Well, I never wore it before yesterday and IDK why (having too many clothes/fashion blogger problems lol). This is a very similar red bell-sleeve sweater that Loft is selling currently (on sale) and it comes in a ton of pretty colors, also. So anyhow, I finally wore this new red sweater and loved pairing it with my Black Skinny Ab-solution Jeans purchased during the big Nordstrom sale last Summer. And I think the way I styled this red sweater here - with the Bright Red Lipstick, the Blush Pink/Nude Fur-Lined Mules and all the Pretty Baubles - it makes a great Casual Outfit for Valentine's day whether you happen to work that day, have a day off, are running around as a mom or go to dinner after. I think this outfit works for ALL those occasions. After all this beautiful red sweater is a statement piece and it's all you really need for some Valentine-Inspired Look! What do you think?!



THE  BAUBLES.
I hadn't done this much jewelry with an outfit since the Holiday Wedding Outfit so I went for it and I dressed up this Simple Sweater+Skinny Jeans Ensemble. The Dark Silver/Pewter Bauble Statement Necklace has these unique beads - I have had it for years, it is by The Limited. The Double-Sided Silver Stud Earrings I just purchased yesterday at CVS out of all places (they had some cute jewelry and all on clearance). They are this Tiny Heart Stud on the front side, backed with a Big Sparkly Silver Metallic Bobble Back. I love and own quite a few of these style of earrings. I wore my Silver-Tone Big Rectangle Purple Crystal Cocktail Ring on my right hand and a Silver-Tone, Big Oval Pearl Stone Cocktail Ring on the left hand (both by The Limited). Last but not least I had on my Stretchy 2-Strand Dark Red+Silver Crystal Beaded Bracelet by White House Black Market on my left hand, also.


THE  RED  LIPSTICK.
Oh, and my pretty red lipstick you ask. It is Nars. It is this one. Nars describes is as a lipstick inspired by the 50s silver screen. The color is called "Jungle Red" and let me tell you this lipstick seriously makes you feel like a fox or Hollywood star. It is so beautiful, so easily to put on (you don't need more than two coats) and the perfect shade of red. I should know since I own so many different red lipsticks. Also because it is semi-matte, it is so soft and luscious on your lips. I say it all the time but if you want to look put together even in the simplest, most boring or most casual outfit, just add a bright red lipstick (you don't need any other makeup) and you will look and feel great.



Clearly, I am enamored with bell sleeves and ruffles lately, because look at my Thursday Moda favorites (below) from last week. Once again with upcoming Valentine's day I saw lots of pink and red in your looks, too.
Amber's 'Off-The-Shoulder Crop Top + High-Waist Denim Shorts' are making me crave Spring and Summer, it has been far too cold this Winter. Cute outfit and her photos and backdrops are breath-taking too.
Grace's collaboration with 'Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi Michigan' (my favorite mall too - I went there shopping with my mom last night like I mentioned in this post) features the prettiest, most sophisticated millennial pink bell-sleeve knee-length dress.
'Fishnet Bow Socks' are girly, striking, modern, fun and unique. She styled them so well in this office-ready monochromatic look. Love her cropped trousers, bell-sleeve blouse and Mary Jane low pumps, too.
What a pretty 'Sweatshirt Dress' on Kim. Wish I could wear something like this now but it has been a freezing Winter. Love her comfortable+pretty Winter layering.



Now join the 99th Thursday Moda Linkup, hope around, be inspired by style and have fun! 










Comments

  1. I love your sweater but your shoes are amazing! What a wonderful look! Happy Thursday!
    Cheryl
    https://www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty in red Ada!! Love your cozy mules too!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cozy mules! the red sweater is lovely on you and you look great with red lipstick. I could use a few lipcolors for a winter pick me up!
    Have a great day1
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in red, Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all above! Red is your color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color looks fantastic on you, and I love the bell sleeves too! Agreed that red is your color!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful sweater and a classic look. I'm surprised you don't wear this all the time, it is beautiful on you!
    Mary
    https://windandspindle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with red these days and your sweater is looking just fabulous. My recent post is also about red sweater. This color is making me love it more <3
    Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/2018/01/25/knot-it-up/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sweater Ada! Red really suits you. The purple cocktail ring is gorgeous.

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ada great look, the red shade looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts