Thursday Moda #137: Millenial Pink (Again), Red and a Little Gingham Cutie.

If you follow me on Instagram (please do, if you don't already and I really appreciate it), you already know from my latest post that our temperatures dropped, they dropped a lot. This week has been freezing. Mornings and nights are as low as 35-38 degrees and during the day 44 degrees has been the highest but very windy which makes it feel a lot colder. It is funny how last week during Thursday Moda I blogged my short-sleeve tweed dress which I styled with no tights (as is) last Tuesday when I wore it - when it was 82 degrees - while the day I wore this outfit coats were a must as our temps were cut in half. That is Michigan for you. I am not surprised though as it is already half-way through October AND even some states like Texas had some cities experience temps in the high 30s and low 40s. Plus, it has already snowed in some areas in America.


MILLENNIAL  PINK  AND   RED.
Just like yesterday's post today I am continuing to wear Millennial Pink because I love it and I am obsessed with it, in particular my Land's End Down Coat I scored at the end of the season this Spring. I will keep my eye out for some great, well-made Land's End pieces for me and Vivian when Sears closes their stores and does some amazing sales. I feel bad for Sears going bankrupt but I love Land's End which they carry. I wore this coat a lot during Spring too from March through early May. It is super warm and super soft, not too puffy, perfectly-chic, very light and the right tunic length which means it covers the butt. It also keeps you very warm and because of the super soft pink color I say it goes with anything! I went monochromatic on top with a matchy Dusty Pink Cashmere-Blend Sweater by Ann Taylor also purchased at the end of the season, in early Spring this year. I love the ruffle on the sleeves. I decided to wear my soft pinks with bright reds this time around so I chose my Red Rose Pixie Pants by Old Navy. I just love these red floral pants and though they may only been blogged once more, I have worn them at least 4-5 times this year alone. Vivian has a matching pair she has worn with me a couple of times. I also wore my Beautiful Red+Black Lace Soft Leather Oxford Shoes I have purchased in Albania when living there. And the pop of black through the shoes matched my Black Leather Bag from Express. But wait: there is one more pink item - my sunglasses. They are like a pretty mauve color and I love the oversized shape and they are by Ann Taylor. Both Ann Taylor and Loft have great and well-made sunglasses.


A   LITTLE  GINGHAM  CUTIE.
I share most if not all of Vivian's school outfits via my Instagram Stories. I even have a hashtag for her: #whatvivianworetoschool . She is my mini fashionista, so follow us! 

Vivian usually takes the bus to school but sometimes like once or twice a week I drop her off to school before going to work. This was one of those days. My Sweetie wore this Beautifully-Embroidered Red Gingham Dress courtesy of a children's boutique, paired with Shimmery Grey Leggings and her Adorable Burgundy Red Boots (they have bows on the back) from Cat+Jack via Target. I didn't realize till we snapped photos that we were coordinated perfectly together. My little girl is definitely a Gingham Cutie and she will be once again this upcoming Halloween because she will be Dorothy from Wizzard of Oz and for her sake I hope the temps are no lower than 47-50 degrees. Fingers crossed!


Shop  Vivian's  Outfit,  below:

 



Thank you for loving my modern and classic Tweed Sheath last week. I loved SO MANY of your outfits. If I can describe my favorites in a few words, I would choose: pretty skirts, leopard, pleats, sparkle, gorgeous pumps and polished looks. Check out the beauties below!
Alicia is elegantly 'Styling a Midi Skirt for Fall' with the right block-heel sandals and a sophisticated blouse tucked in, with an elegant peak of cleavage.
Fonda asked the question 'Is This Too Busy?' refering to her patter mixing between gingham and floral but I don't think so. It is still sophisticated, well-done and muted.
Laura has on the prettiest 'Pink Pleated Skirt' and reminds me to get out my own like it. Love it with the front-tie floral blouse and her gorgeous pumps.
'Day to Night Elegant Pieces' in beautiful and yummy neutrals are the norm for the always classic Laurie. Her skirt and blouse are works of art in fashion!
'Gender Reveal'?! Hahaha, you got to read Ashley's post to see why and how she styled the most beautiful, striped two-piece culotte outfit in pastel shades. I love it!
Birthday Girl Monica shared her 'Birthday Outfit' staying true to her style with edge and feminity mixed in. Love that skirt which will be perfect for the holidays.



HOW DO YOU LIKE OUR RED+PINK OUTFITS, TODAY?!


P.S. I just realized it is October 18th. With that said "Happy Birthday to my Brother!!"













Comments

  1. I hate it when the weather just pulls the rug out from under you! Going straight from summer to winter is no fun, but it's basically been the same here too. At least you've got that fabulous pink winter coat to pull out!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are such cuties!! Love the teenie gingham xx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this red and pink combo! They are two of my favorite colors to put together! Those pants are the cutest print too :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your red shoes are so fabulous! Love the pink and red combination. Stay warm, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blush pink and also wear it a ton. I love it with that red print here--what a fun mix! Of course Vivian is such a doll in her little gingham dress. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring my look from last week! I love your fun floral pants! Red is a great color on you! And of course red looks amazing on your mini-me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no such thing as too much millennial pink! Also, I owe you an email—it's coming shortly!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great color of red and I love that your pink jacket coordinated with the flower print of your pants! Cute Ada! And of course, Vivian is always an adorable fashionista! :) I hope you're having a great week, drinking lots of hot beverages to keep warm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red trousers, great colour on you Ada, and Vivian too. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your puffer coat, Ada! And those leggings, so many possibilities. Your daughter is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pink and red is such a bold and fantastic pairing! Am feeling you on the temp drop - I'm in Ohio and we had the same - dropping about 40+ degrees nearly overnight. Love your shoes as well - they work great with your outfit and would really light up a plain jeans outfit.

    Betsy | https://nattygal.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous colours! It started to get cold today, I hate it. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its so crazy that it has gotten that cold already in Michigan. My MIL said she had to try her heat on already. Its still in the high 50 in Maryland.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these trousers Ada! The color mix is one of my faves for Fall.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these pants. They're so fun!

    Xx, Nailil
    thirtyminusone.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the blush pink, so cute on you dear. Also, love the pop of florals from the pants.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are cute pants! Love that they are the star attraction of your outfit and Vivian's outfit is so cute! She's such a little fashionista!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts