Stripes, Sneakers and Sporty Americana - Part One.

Good Morning you All and Happy Monday! I have been back home from Vacation since Saturday. You should have seen the laundry and folding I had to do over the weekend. Vivian still keeps saying "the beach" and "I love seaside" so I am positive she misses it and had a great time. Those of you who follow me on Instagram or Facebook might have seen the pictures and videos I have posted daily of us at the beach, well Vivi mostly but still. Thank you to all of you who still visited my blog and joined last Thursday's linkup and to Rachel and Nina for Guest Posting (here and here). If you remember, we left off with a White Dress-themed week. Well, I still have three more Dresses to post from June and I will be back on Thursday (not in a dress lol) co-hosting with a lovely Michigan Blogger.

I wore this dress the last day of June to work actually. Lucky me that I get to work in a casual environment because a cotton jersey maxi feels like pajamas. This one has Cobalt, White, Turquoise, White and Black Stripes and since the 4th of July was around the corner I paired it with my American Flag Sneakers. I added some Blue Sunnies which matched the dress perfectly. I also wore my Rose Quartz Dangly Kendra Scott Earrings with my matching Rose Quartz Druzy Necklace. After work that day I did a little shopping for a few things we needed on vacation and groceries and Viv came with me. It looks like the pretty ruffle thing she is wearing is a dress but it is actually a skirt and a top, not part of the same set. All the ruffles are of the same size and the sparkly silver stones on her top went so well with the stars on her skirt (it has stripes too - Americana themed). As usual it was hard shooting pictures with her together but we managed a couple. What do you think of our Patriotic Outfits? Stripes for the win for the forth of July, right?

Light Blue Plastic Cat-Eye Sunglasses: Casual Corner (similar, Steal), (similar, Great Deal, my Favorite), (similar sexy option. huge Splurge, love these).
Dangly, Oval-Shaped "Danielle" Rose Quartz Earrings: Kendra Scott via Rocksbox (New) (identical), (very similar), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, Splurge).
Dainty Oval-Shaped "Elisa" Necklace in Rose Gold Druzy: Kendra Scott via Rocksbox (New) (identical, Splurge), (similar, Huge Steal), (same in silver druzy, love this), (similar).
Gold Wedding Ring and Gold w/ Diamond Engagement Ring: From my Husband (Albania).
2 Red + 1 Navy Shimmer Thin Jelly Bracelets (part of a bundle): Forever 21.
Gold-Tone "Hadar" Ring w/ Square Torquoise Stone: Elise M. via Rocksbox (New) (same in olive), (similar, Steal, love this), (gorgeous option, Great Deal), (similar, huge Splurge, love this).
Navy+Red+White Stars+Stripes Slip-On, Canvas Sneakers: From Albania (very similar, on Sale), (Converse Hi-Top option. Great Deal, love these), (similar Sperry's, small Splurge, my Favorite), (similar).
Use my special code to get a free month of Rocksbox jewelry delivered to your home: ADABFF39.

Vivian's Outfit:
Fuchsia Chiffon Ruffled/Tiered Tunic w/ Silver Sparkly Speckles & Leopard Rosette: Little Lass (Gifted from my Mom).
Cotton Ruffled/Tiered, Red+White+Blue Skirt w/ Stars & Stripes: Wal Mart (New).
Red+Navy Ombre Silk Rose Barrette: Forever 21.
White Socks: Wal Mart.
Baby Pink "Hello Kitty" Shoes: Crocs.
Lavender Watercolor Large, Plastic Beach Ball: Target (New)



Since my Maxi Dress today features Bold Bright Blue Stripes and was worn in June, it is themed with my second week of June Dresses which was all about Bright Dresses. As you can see from the collage below there are three colors dominating my Bright Dresses from this June: Blue, Coral and Red. All these are colors I love but I also couldn't help it with the 4th of July coming up. There are 9 Dresses I wore in this category with a few Maxi Dresses in the mix. Which ones are your top 2-3 favorites? As you know I loved the way the Mosaic Dress Bohemian Look (with the hat) came out. But I also like the outfits I created with the Coral Dress with the Denim Vest, the One-Shoulder Dress and the Blue Macrame Maxi Dress.


And stay tuned tomorrow for another Stripes, Sneakers and Sporty Americana Look featuring another Dress. Also, last we left off, my latest LWD was also paired with Sneakers for a Sporty Americana Look which I loved.


Also linking with the ladies of "Tuesday Talk": BeckyBethLauraMichelleStasiaStephanie and Whitney.
And, I am linking with Ana Luiza and Michelle for Stylish Monday.
[on Wednesday]: Allison, Brenna with Grace + Jenna, Brooke with Erica, Claire, Grace, 




Comments

  1. Look how gorgeous you two are together! thanks so much for linking, xox

    Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress looks so cute and comfy! You can't go wrong with stripes, jersey and a maxi dress, right?! And Vivian is such the girly girl. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ada how pretty!! Yes, you know exactly what I'm talking about, coming back from vacation blues! I hope this Monday go super smoothly for you beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing. You can never go wrong with stripes.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stripes! You both look so cute.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada this dress is so flattering on you!! Love the KS Rose Quartz accessories. Vivian looks precious, as always! I'm missing vacation so much right now. My laundry pile never gets smaller! I hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both are adorable in your stars and stripes. I love that dress!! I'm glad you had a good time on your vacation, it looks like it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that long maxi dress - I really like ones that aren't strapless - even though those are the majority of the ones I own LOL!! You both look great! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress looks great and so comfortable. Can't go wrong with a maxi dress at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your striped dress is so cute!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love your american outfits! Those shoes are so fun!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your striped maxi dress is lovely :) Your daughter is adorable too! Glad you had a fun holiday by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic dress! Both you and Vivian look very patriotic and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ada, I love this dress! I love the different blues and stripes are my favorite. It looks so comfortable and totally summer chic! And Vivian is just adorable in all of her ruffles!

    Thanks for linking up On the Edge of the Week. I hope to see you again this Friday! And definitely let me know about guest hosting with you. Just shoot me an email with the details!

    Have a fabulous week.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jersey maxis are great - yes, like pajamas but for work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love any dress with sneakers!! Your's are just adorable and perfect for July.
    xo, Lee
    www.wineandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love this dress so much! It looks great on you, Ada!

    Thanks for linking up at Grace + Lace!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved your little co-model for this shoot! Sorry, I am a little slow to visit all you linkers from the July My Refined Style Linkup. Thanks for bringing your fabulous flair to our party.

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fab maxi dress! I love the blues on you

    http://www.michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts