Guest Post: Nina in her Little White Dress.

Today I have NINA from A World of Dresses guest-posting for me while I am away at the beach. My last week of June was dedicated to White Dresses as you all know. I still have one more to post (on Sunday, after I come back from vacation). But today Nina is filling in for me with a LWD. I love the fit and flare style and eyelet detail on hers and I cannot believe what a steal it was! Nina styled it beautifully for a subtle Americana take on Red, White and Blue. Read on below. She has some excellent tips when it comes to white dresses. Thank you Nina. =)

-------------------------------------------------

"I love all things dresses! While I have more than 60 in my closet, this was the first white dress I had bought in a long time. I don't know if it's that it reminds me of first communion or that you technically only have three months out of the year to wear it (if you want to be socially acceptable, that is). I usually have chosen other colors when shopping for all my dresses. This dress however was just perfect! It's a nice, simple design that you can dress up or down. There is just a wee bit of midriff showing, but it's barely noticeable! I wore it to work and no one said anything (shhhhh ... don't tell!). This dress was a Francesca's find for under $20! Score! The necklace is one I've had for a few years now. It's originally from Maurice's.new little white dress Photo credits: Amber Ballard

My tips for styling a new little white dress

I totally understand that white can be intimidating. The wonderful thing, though, is that most colors pair excellently with white. In this case, I decided to go with an old royal turquoise necklace. The contrast just makes the outfit pop. Here's my hand dandy list of tips:
  1. Use bold colors to create a stronger contrast.
  2. Avoid off-white.
  3. Your shoes are everything. Make them pop!
  4. Watch how you eat ... stains are the worst!
new little white dress new little white dress new little white dress new little white dress new little white dress new little white dress new little white dress

What are your thoughts on a little white dress? Do you have one you're dying to break out or are you hesitant?"






Image Map

Comments

  1. Man, that's a white dress but not quite a little white dress. It's nice that you feature transgender though. A lot of blogs aren't as open minded. I really appreciate your openness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin. This is Nina. I'm not so sure what you mean about transgender as I'm not. I'm fully woman and always have been, lol. I'm not against people being transgender, though. I just want to clarify that I'm not.

      Delete
    2. My apologies Nina. I'm so sorry. You look great!

      Delete
  2. I love the red and turquoise accents! I am a little late getting around to visit the linkers from the July My Refined Style Linkup. Thanks so much for adding your fashion flair our party!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts