Recapping 2014: Skirts and Shorts.

Happy New Year 2015 once again! How was the first day of the year for you? Relaxing and enjoying my family and good food was in the menu for me. New Year's is considered the biggest holiday in Albania so I have been off since December 31st and won't go back to work until Monday which is really nice. 

I have been enjoying everyone's end of the year reviews and their posts where they have looked back at 2014 and recapped their favorite looks of the past year. Did you do an end-of-the-year Review? I want to see it if so. I thought about skipping this type of post this year, since I usually do monthly recaps where I focus on the past month and also tell you my top 3 favorite looks of that month (plus more) and usually include a least favorite look as well. Due to these posts being very time-consuming and since I started working full-time (on top of blogging, teaching part-time, being a mom and a wife) I haven't done my monthly reviews since August, but you can find the rest of my Monthly Recap Posts here. Sometime this January I will catch up and do a more detailed review of September through December. For now I will be sharing my favorite looks into these 6 categories: Skirts, Shorts, Dresses+Rompers, Pants, Leggings and Jeans. This is part one of a 3-part type of post.

I wasn't very happy style-wise with several of my outfits in the first quarter of the year but you live and you learn. I won't be focusing on that today or in any of those not-so-favorite outfits. I think with the cold temperatures I was in a style funk and sometimes a lot of the layering I did, didn't work. Plus I was a stay-at-home mom (during that time) and I didn't always care as much. I will be reviewing the good - My Favorites. Part one today is all about Shorts and Skirts which is a little bittersweet also since Winter is definitely going strong and steady right now.

The Best in Skirts: I think 2014 was the year of Skirts+Dresses for me as I tried to shop my closet, remix my closet many times and wear all the new skirts and dresses that I had purchased this year. I wore more Skirts in the Summer and following into Fall and Winter. In the Summer because of the heat and also because I started teaching part-time in July. Then in November I started a full-time job and an office job made me wear more Skirts, of course. I also included 2 Pencil Skirts in my first 30 for 30 challenge back in the Spring, plus 2 Pencil Skirts, a Tulip Skirt and an A-Line Midi Skirt in my second 30 for 30 challenge late in the Summer. I was able to narrow it down to 9 Favorite Outfits though the choice was difficult. And clearly I have a thing for Black+White Striped Skirts. Not only do I own several of them but 3 of these Skirts made it into my Favorites' list. I think my Top 3 Looks are Outfits 2, 7 & 9 from the order they are shown below. What are your 3 most favorite looks as far as my Skirts go?
(The outfits are listed in no particular order of liking.) 










The Best in Shorts: Between (mostly) having a Summer off, staying home as a Mom and since we had a pretty hot Summer, I wore a ton of Shorts this Summer. I even included 2 pairs in my late Summer 30 for 30 Challenge and I probably showed at least three dozen outfits with Shorts this year. I was able to narrow it down to 8 Most Favorite Looks featuring Shorts. I think my Top 3 Favorites are the 2nd, 4th and 6th Outfits from the order below. What about your favorites from these?
(The outfits are listed in no particular order of liking.) 









P.S. Linking up with  Allison, Claire,  Doranda, Erin, Lauren, Megan, Rachel and Tiffany.
Stay tuned for Part two on Monday. I will be showing you guys a new OOTD this weekend.




Comments

  1. Love the first outfit. You wore some cute outfit in 2014. I plan on doing a recap fashion post soon. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that B&W striped skirt. I miss warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first look! in fact, I'm wearing a shirt just like it right now! I did a recap of my favorites here (http://behindblonde.blogspot.com/2015/01/four-favorites-of-2014.html), check it out! These are great outfits :) good picks and happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All fabulous looks, but you know I love the black skirt with the plaid inset the best! Have a great new year my friend!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite skirts are the black and white striped and the black with the plaid! All of the shorts outfits have me wishing for summer because it's -10 here today!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looks Ada, Oh wow I am loving all the black and white skirts, the are great :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my favorites are the jeans look, pink skirt, white, skirt and striped skirt with green! So many cute outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts