Thursday Moda 280, Skirtmas in July: The DENIM Skirt.

For today's SKIRTMAS IN JULY, MIREILLE of Chez Mireille Fashion Travel Mom and I are wearing denim skirts. Though our denim skirts are similar in silhouette - a pencil style skirt - and both feature thigh-high slits, they couldn't be more different. Mine is a modern version of a retro skirt from the 90s grunge in a greyish-black wash and features the sexiest sideway slit that is quite open and also it's asymmetrical, while Mireille's is in a light blue wash with a symetric slit right on the front. I dressed mine up and she dressed hers down. You can see Mireille's Denim Look and all her skirts, on her blog. 

THE  DENIM  SKIRT.
    Just like a pair of jeans or a denim jacket, a denim skirt is one of those items that is a must in a woman's closet. It has existed since the 60s. It has been revived, designed and redesigned, styled and restyled, destructed and reconstructed. You can find it in so many different washes and not just in classical blue color and black/grey colors, but also in bright denim. I personally own a hot pink denim skirt and my denim skirt collection has at least 6 skirts. Some of them I have owned for over 10 years, they are practically vintage, now. This skirt is new from Abercrombie and I love the below-the-knee midi length, the pencil silhouette and that fun, sexy, thigh-high, long asymmetrical slit off the left leg. It is definitely a skirt that makes a statement! The cropped linen top is also by Abercrombie and I love the soft, muted yellow color, sort of matches with the retro vibe of this look as both of these Abercrombie pieces have a little throwback from both the 70s and the 90s. My wooden block heel, black faux leather sandals from Target worked so well with this look - they also look retro and a little 70s-inspired, too. And I added pops of pink and blush via my earrings and my bracelets - a fabulous Amazon find (I have several of them). My gold-tone earrings (also from Amazon) are asymmetrical and feature the prettiest heart designs in a lovely shade of blush pink. I absolutely LOVE them! Asymmetry in both my skirt and my earrings. Do you own a denim skirt of your own?! What denim skirt style is your favorite?! What wash?! Do you find them as versatile as I do?!

The location for these photos was so beautiful and dreamy. A mini forest if you will with lots of greenery, trees, rocks and even water. Mother Nature at its best. This lovely park complete with a playground for kids, benches, picnic areas and outdoor grills is not too far from where we live and I only discovered it this Spring. We will probably visit again at least a couple more times before Summer is over.
2 different skirts, 2 totally different yellow tops in a row. Yesterday I paired a neon yellow tank with my maxi skirt. Today it's a soft yellow top, like a muted mustard color. I love the retro yellow color. This sweetheart-neckline cropped top is another fabulous find from Abercrombie. It's in a nice poplin material. Similar style to the pretty-in-pink crop top I wore with my wrap skirt. Abercrombie had the best crop tops this Summer - I repeat!

This spot here is so pretty and tranquile. It's always breezy too even if it's super sunny, because of all the trees.
I love my family so much. We spent a Sunday evening in this pretty park, as a family. It was the perfect day. The park was filled with so many families and kids that day. There was even a birthday party and a picnic, going on.









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




Image Map

Comments

  1. Got to love a good jean skirt.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit and photos, Ada. Love your sandals :) Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada, this outfit is so cool and sassy! I love the skirt, the top, and those fab shoes! And your pictures are so pretty. What a lovely park and I love seeing you and your husband together. What a lovely couple you are!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great spot for pictures! I really like this skirt and love that it is black. And you know I love your sandals since I have them in cognac!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pretty outfit, friend! I've never owned a denim skirt before, but you styled this one beautifully. Love the scenery as well!

    Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts