Thursday Moda #234: Casual Thanksgiving Looks.

Happy Thursday Moda and Welcome to Thursday Moda #234. WOW I cannot believe how long have I had this linkup now for and still going pretty strong, most weeks, lol. This particular linkup I am co-hosting with my very stylish and kind friend from California, DARLENE from Aquamarina Style. I absolutely love the name of her blog, by the way. Today, Darlene and I are bringing you some Thanksgiving Inspiration with our Casual Thanksgiving Looks and surprisingly we both styled jeans and sweaters, though different color palettes and different silhouettes. My denim is dark-wash, boot-cut, blue jeans, hers is straight-cut, ankle-length, white jeans. We both created monochromatic looks as I am in shades of blue head to toe and Darlene beautifully styled her white jeans with a marled blush pink sweater and snakeskin booties, that look identical to mine from my Sunday Showcase post.

CASUAL  THANKSGIVING  LOOK.
As you may know I wore this outfit in real life on Tuesday during Election Day, and I already posted it on Instagram, here. I wore it on the most important day of the year for USA and it was so appropriate for the day, for the beautiful 60-degree weather and to match the lake where I posed for most of my photos. I originally wanted to take pictures only at the lake, but on this particular day I took Vivian to her dentist appointment and we shot at two more locations, by there. I am glad we did too because as much as I loved shooting by the lake - which matched my head to toe blue look entirely - the sun was right behind me and reflecting so brightly that in several photos you can barely see my outfit. Vivian did a great job as always though. =)

I love how this casual Thanksgiving-inspired outfit came together, pairing my dark wash Denizen by Levi's boot-cut jeans (current by Target) with this soft, light knit, sky blue sweater by Loft that I have had for a couple of years. I also wore my royal blue felt hat from Target I have had for a few years and layered a bunch of necklaces (3 to be exact) in mixed metals. That silver-looking one is real white gold with an infinity pave charm with real diamonds (a very special recent gift), the multi-layered gold one that has pearls and beads is by Express (current) and the long necklace with the colorful tassel on the bottom is by Urban Threads (from Target, currently on clearance for 5 bucks!!). I also added a mixed metal+faux leather silver cuff by Express (current and one of my currently-favorite bracelets, too). What do you think of this head to toe blue look?! Yeay or Nay?!

Love the beautiful home shots from Darlene. That pretty sweater looks very cozy too. You can check out her post in detail, here.
This beautiful girl has become a pro in front and behind the camera. She is wearing her new colorful flower-print leather sneakers by Puma with watercolor marbled millennial pink leggings by Old Navy and her new planet-print white hoodie by the Cat + Jack line at Target. She looks so cute in her sporty casual-wear.

I am glad to have Darlene join me today in co-hosting Thursday Moda. Though there is a couple of decades in age difference between us, I can totally relate to her style and what she wears. She puts together the best outfits that look great on her and don't cost a fortune! She mixes casual style with sophistication and in a lot of her posts she takes one item and styles it several different ways which I love! Below is a snippet of some of my favorite outfits Darlene has worn recently. I love those layered looks with those cute skirts and look two different ways to style those amazing black suede OTK boots!

Thursday Moda Co-Host: DARLENE of Aquamarina Style
From Darlene's Mouth:
"AquamarinaStyle is the place where I can play with creativity and my love of fashion. I started the blog to make sure I didn't fall into a style rut and to inspire other 50+ ladies to do the same! While my style tends toward the classic, I love to experiment with new looks and to incorporate color and pattern into my outfits. Until this year, I also included my travel destinations and offered tips and packing ideas, but sadly, 2020 has taken its toll on those plans. Nevertheless, the best part of the blogging journey is "meeting" and interacting with the incredible ladies who also blog about fashion and lifestyle. The inspiration is incredible! Follow me on Instagram and Facebook, too! "


As it warmed up here in Michigan this week and I am so happy about that - it will be warm for about a week - several of you linked the cutest Fall looks and Autumn colors, last week and I loved the ones below. So much chicness and coziness!!

My Canadian friend Linda always has the prettiest porch decor for any holiday, first of all. Those adorable pink pumpkins beautifully matched her 'In the Pink' pantsuit that looks great with the white booties.
Ellibelle has comfortable urban Fall style down. Her 'Black, Gray and Chocolate Brown for Fall' is a no-brainer look that is chic and classic.
Everyone knows 'Leopard Dress' is the kind of dress you need for Fall. Don't ask me how many leopard dresses I own. Ashley looks killer in hers with those embossed tall boots!
Tatiana is posh in her navy and ecru layers.  I think every woman needs some 'Snow White Trousers'. They are super elegant!
Di's 'Utilitarian Style' is elegant, feminine and on point. Love that long olive jacket belted beautifully over the pencil skirt.
Last but not least, in typical Fall style, Jess is styling 'Faux Leather Leggings with a Long Cardigan'. I adore her beautiful, rich Fall neutrals.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. I am a sucker for cozy sweaters and fun hats! You look cute Ada and the weather looks pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty sweater! I have a very similar one in lavender .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of you all's sweaters! Your arm candy caught my eye: love the sparkly bracelets! Always hard to take pictures with the sun. My ootd have me walking around the house lately.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This location by the water is beautiful!

    Jennifer
    Curated By Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweater and hat! Take care, beautiful!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! You both did such a great job with these inspirational looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Darlene both look so cozy in your casual outfits! I love your wide trim felt hat. And that Vivian is a budding photographer! Have a great week, and thanks for hosting so many inspirational link ups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely! Love this casual prettiness! Both you ladies look beautiful:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your monochrome blue! Yay from me. Nice to see your collaboration with Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Ada, for inviting me to Co-host this week! You are fun and easy to work with and so very kind with your comments. I love that we both choose casual sweater outfits! Great minds think alike, my friend! I also love those shots by the water--beautiful!

    Until next time...

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Thanksgiving look and blue is so pretty on you!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving. But I will say I am ready for the holidays!! I love your sweaters and that hat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute and cozy casual Thanksgiving outfit! And Vivian did a really great job on the photos! I will probably be in my coziest sweatpants for Thanksgiving this year since the boys will be on a hunting trip and I will be enjoying the peace and solitude at home! I might order Chinese food for Thanksgiving dinner!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely casual outfit! Wearing blue on election day certainly did the trick!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts