Thursday Moda #200: Throwback - Milestones and a Pop of Yellow.

Today marks my 200th Thursday Moda Linkup and that in itself is quite a milestone, but it wouldn't happen without you all, so thank you so much for making this happen and joining my linkup every Thursday even if it seems like I have 'abandoned' you guys since in the last 6 months or so I haven't stopped often to comment, check on your blogs (but I do check on your Instagrams) or join your all's linkups. That has been due to computer problems at first and then just simply not having enough time and not being able to do it all. But 200 linkups is quite a milestone and I am thankful I still have some readers who are here and join this linkup every Thursday. It has been going strong for almost 4 years now, as a matter of fact on March 2nd 2016 was my very first Thursday Moda linkup and I introduced it a day after my new blog design and that post included a brand-new outfit head to toe. 

So it has been 47 months that I have been doing this linkup and if I remember correctly (I happen to have a very strong memory) I have only missed 3 Thursdays where I have not posted a linkup. But today here I am on NUMBER 200 and I will start by re-joining my own linkup today and I will make sure to link up my last 3-4 posts with all of your linkups starting today, this weekend and so on. Turning a new leaf, right before the very first month of a new year is over, after all January is a resolution month and even-though I made no particular resolutions for this year, besides keeping things into perspective, one of the things I definitely wanted to work on, was getting things more normalized on the blog, post more and start joining linkups, once again. 

Today I wanted to reminisce about the linkup and thought about doing a throwback of my very first Thursday Moda post when I introduced the new blog design and all the new changes too. However I used a different website to host my photos then and all the photos of the blog from that post and a couple of years prior to that have been lost (don't show up anymore) which sucks. So instead I am throwing it back to this nice semi-dressy Work Winter Outfit that belongs to my second Thursday Moda post from 4 years ago, with the pretty and very natural Winter Wonderland in the background. I happen to love this outfit and looking at this look, I am reminded to get out all of these pieces and wear them soon, again, especially those wool blanket scarves. What do you think? I think flared denim can make an outfit dressier and give it more flair (see what I did there?) than one that features straight jeans or skinny jeans, because they remind me of trousers. A pair of bootcut or flare jeans that are not distressed like mine can be worn in a casual work environment or for casual Fridays at work. I paired mine with the best-selling Lush cream/ivory tunic blouse by Nordstrom and layered on top with the black/grey/yellow colorblocked plaid blanket wool scarf also by Nordstrom, but to keep warm in the office and also outside for the photos, I added the grey wool poncho on top, which is a perfect layering piece to take on and off depending on how comfortable you feel. I have on some fun edgy little gold earrings and I accessorized with a mellow yellow woven leather clutch that brought out the yellow of the scarf. Last but not least I am wearing my oldest pair of black pumps, mine are a faux suede with the buckle detail and they are over a decade old from Payless. As you all know I am a bargain shopper but in a lot of outfits I mix more expensive brands with low-priced ones.


The following ladies were the first three outfits I featured as my favorite looks linked on my very first Thursday Moda Linkup.
Amber's "Wool Cape".
Sheree's "Spring Fling"
Katie's "Starry Night".



Thank you once again to everyone who linked up last week, though the linkup was light because I need to promote it, stop by your blogs, etc, etc. But I still want to thank the few of you who stopped by, commented and linked up. I still managed to find some cute looks I loved and I think a lot of you have Spring in mind - I hear you - because I saw so many adorable lavender pieces and lots of shades of purple. All of these outfits would be great to transition into Spring for.

Beautiful Darlene knows 'How to Style a Winter Pastel Outfit'. Darlene lives in a much warmer state but for us in Michigan this would be the perfect Spring outfit for the office: elegant, colorful, put-together and profess!
My friend Laura is also a Midwesterner and like me she loves pairing ecru or Winter White with different shades of camo and olive. She did a review on that adorable scrunched 'Camo Skirt' I would love to own and dress up!
Thank you for joining the linkup again, Gail! She professed 'Pink Boots Walk me to the Ballet' and her adorable ice-pink booties that match the dress, cardigan and bag beautifully did just that. In love with her look head to toe!
Tatiana tried an 'Experimental Look' and succeeded while doing so. The velvet midi skirt, the patterned sweater which is perfect for Winter and the classic camel coat - it all works!
In a monochromatic lavender look made of a mini skirt and a turtleneck sweater, Shelbee was 'Inspired' by two of her blogging buddies to DIY a little skirt with a frayed hem. Love that she chose street-style sneakers and added a dark shade of purple to her look via her tights.
Lizzie is always dressed to the nines! This time in a flowing maxi dress, circle handbag and a pearl headband she is showcasing '2020 Fashion Trends and Pantone Color of the Year' at the same time. 




This is the original post.


And now join the linkup!


Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





Image Map


Comments

  1. Congrats on the milestone! I do love that scarf: you need to bring it out.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jeans look amazing on you and loving the pop of color you brought in with the scarf!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup, and congrats on the milestone!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 200th link up.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 200th link up! This is such a milestone and very impressive. I love this throwback photo because it shows you that fashion is what you make of it and not about trends. You look fabulous and that pop of yellow is stunning. Happy Thursday Ada and I hope your week is going well so far.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! That is an amazing milestone! And I remember this outfit! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 200 link ups! The citrus color in your blanket scarf really pops. Love it! So thrilled to be one of your favourites Ada last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flared jeans and the pop of yellow—it's a great color on you!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is 200th linkup? Wow! Congratulations! Have a wonderful day, Ada.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vivid yellow in your scarf! Congrats on 200 parties!

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ada, thanks so much for the feature! I am sorry it took me so long to get over and comment! I have always loved this yellow blanket scarf on you since the first time I saw you wear it on your blog. It is still fantastic!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great milestone dear. Huge congrats!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts