Thursday Moda #199: Outerwear - Accessorizing, Keeping Warm and Looking Cute in a Snow Day.

Hello you all and thank you to everyone who wished me for Vivian's birthday here and on My Instagram. I posted a couple of stories on Facebook too and most of the stories om my Insta, on the actual day of her birthday - Sunday January 19th. I appreciate your wishes and I read Vivian all the comments and she smiled. On my last post I talked about Vivian turning 7, what I wrote about her and I recapped her beautiful birthday through lots of pictures.

Last week on Thursday Moda I talked about the importance of Outerwear in these cold months where the gray and freeze lingers, when there is never enough daylight and sunshine. I talked about how important is to pay attention to the details when you style your outerwear like your coats, warm jackets or puffers. Today I am continuing to talk about outerwear and paying attention to details while you stay warm yet look cute during cold snow days, and we have already had a bunch of those here in Michigan, though overall it has not been as bad. 


OUTERWEAR  -  ACCESSORIZING,  KEEPING WARM  AND  LOOKING  CUTE  IN  A  SNOW  DAY.
This outfit dates back from November, before Thanksgiving (I am sure you can tell by the wreath in our front door). These cozy, warm and cuddly polar fleece coats by Abercrombie are gorgeous. I have this burgundy one and the white version which I wear less because I don't want to ruin it. Fleece or not, it keeps you just warm as a normal coat. Plus you can zip it all the way up with the funnel neckline. I brought out the little mauve undertones of the jacket with my blush pink lipstick and accessorized with emerald green accessories. My Retro Chenille Green Beanie by Target matched those Stunning Green Statement Earrings by Wal Mart perfectly. The accessories are both from this season, the jacket from last year, I have already washed it in the washing machine and it is still in perfect condition. I wore these earrings a lot in November and December because they are so festive and perfect for the holidays, I got so many compliments on them. I love them!

This very light-wash denim jacket is by Express and it has been on my closet for over a decade. In order to keep warm, I wore a nice thick ribbed sweater underneath. This Peachy Coral Ribbed Cropped Sweater is new by Target. But of course I even wore a t-shirt underneath my sweater because it was cold. To this outfit I added a little Silk Neck Scarf by NY+Co (which I have had forever) and I kept my head warm by wearing one of my favorite hats and your favorite Winter Fedora I always wear. You all love this Blush Pink/Nude Floppy Fedora I wear all the time. It is a couple of seasons old and I found it in its solitude at Wal Mart - meant for me to buy, I wear it so often!

Last but not least is this outfit I wore on a Saturday, on a day I spent down-town Detroit with some friends, and I was partially outside. I wanted to be warm and cozy while still look nice and pretty. So a Red Puffer Coat for the win - I have had this orange-red puffer jacket from Old Navy for years and I love it. I decided to go for Matchy Red Lipstick and Matchy Statement Earrings. These Colorblocked Crispin Earrings are also by Wal Mart and they too get a lot of compliments when I wear them. I also wore some sunglasses (I have had this bold wrap pair of sunglasses for a few years) because I am one of those people that the snow bothers their eyes. Especially when snow is combined with the sun, I am like blind, I need sunglasses to see. If you don't own a red coat of any kind - a puffer coat like mine or a dressy red coat, I suggest you buy one. I recommend every woman owns at least one bright coat in her closet. If you have to have two go for a red one and either a jewel-toned green or a mustard one. What do you think of how I dress and accessorize for Winter while still keeping warm?!









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter





Image Map


Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday to your little girl!!
    Loving your warm weather wear! The red coat is gorgeous and a winter hat is so needed here in the midwest! Also loving that pretty burgundy fleece with the dark green hat. So cozy!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of earrings! And hats look so good on you. How to see you tomorrow on my Fancy Friday link up party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ikt's true the accessories can really help in this awful cold. A great hat and scarf can make you feel great even though the coat makes you look like a lump Belated birthday wishes to both of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't own a red coat but I do own a pink coat.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your earrings gal specially the multicolor balls one. Lovely.
    Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/2020/01/23/animal-print-effect/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great outerwear and accessories! Love your earrings in these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada, that coral color is striking on you! Beautiful! You have clearly mastered keeping warm AND cute! Happy belated 7th birthday to that adorable not-so-little Vivien!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your burgundy fleece jacket, it looks so warm and cosy. It looks fab with the green hat!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these are great winter outfits, but oh my, red is such a fabulous color on you! And so bright and cheery on winter days. Well done!

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that chenille headband! How cute. And the red puffer coats are all so adorable and fun!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Puffer jacket is definitely one of my faves. So cute and cozy.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts