Recapping My Style from 2017: The Best of July thru December, in Numbers.

Happy last week of 2018!! How is it that January is already vanished?!

Today I am recapping the last 6 months of my favorite styles (that I shared on the blog) from 2017. When recapping these favorite outfits I didn't have a specific number of favorite outfits, in mind. I blogged 234 times in 2017 which is about 2/3rds of the year (if you look at the year divided into 365 days). Give or take I probably blogged about 220 outfits since most of my posts were style posts and the rest were life-style posts, shopping/gift guides, etc. Overall, - since we are talking numbers - these are my favorite 29 looks I shared from July 1st through December 31st on the blog. I will comment on a few of these outfits and do a little mini recap+reflection on each month. Also, you can see January-June's Favorite Looks here.


To see my top most favorite outfits of 2017, check out the #bestnine post. You shouldn't miss it!

July 2017.
July was my favorite Summer month of outfits. No wonder I have 9 (NINE) favorite looks from this month, out of a total of like 22 outfits, for a total of 20 posts. As you can see my favorite outfits from this month were girly, dressy, feminine and ladylike: lots of skirts and dresses. But besides dresses, skirts and maxis, I wore a lot of shorts and a lot of hats too, this past July and almost every pair of shoes I wore were nude or neutral. Vivian was spotted a lot during this month too, whether in our Mommy+Me Style Posts or even her own style post - which is my favorite lifestyle post of the second half of the year 2017 - I did during July featuring like 6 different outfits Vivian wore during Summer (the two photos right below). Of course, those two red dresses are my favorites from her Summer looks. Girl rocks red and wears it so well, just like her mama!! Since Independence Day is on July 4th, you saw a lot of Red/White/Blue outfits on me and Viv, too. There were like 3 two-fer remix posts, too.

Mom Wear: Camel Laceup Block Sandals.
This was a two-fer post featuring these Faux Suede Camel Laceup Block-Heel Sandals by Target (which I wore a lot last Summer). Both outfits from this post were kind of dressy and both of them featured clothing (shoes weren't included) from the 30 for 30 Summer remix I did. The other outfit from this post is further below with the Red Peplum Top and Geo-Print Navy Pencil Skirt. I think this look with the Flirty Blush-Floral Skirt, Pink Peter-Pan Collar Blouse and Neutral Floppy Hat is my favorite of the two.


Dark Flowers and Light Umbrellas.
I loved these mommy+me outfits we wore, such cute dresses. And this Blush Pink Shirtdress with Printed Blue Umbrellas that Vivian wore - and how it was styled - is one of my favorite outfits of hers from Summer.

Mom Wear to Work Wear: Peachy Pink Pastels.
This was a Mom Wear (Shorts) to Work Wear (Pleated Skirt) post featuring the Pastel Floral, Sleeveless Button-Down Blouse. I was so torn as to which of these looks I liked more so I included them both. But I definitely think pairing peach on the bottom with this pastel-colored blouse on top, was a great idea and the scalloped shorts and pleated mini skirt are both dressy too.

Thursday Moda Fashion Files: Chambray Dresses and Neutral Suede Sandals.
I love matching or twinning with my little girl as you all know and we did it again in our nude suede sandals and denim dresses. I must say Vivian's pose above (next to me) is so precious and she looked stunning that day wearing one of mommy's many red lipsticks.



Flirty Flower Skirts and Girly White Tops.
Here is that same floral flippy skirt with the cascading side ruffle. This outfit is dressier than the one with the pink-striped top and I love, love the gold wedges with this and all the fun jewelry I wore.

August 2017.
August was the month we went on our 10-day Summer vacation (with my parents) so it was light when it comes to posts on the blog (16 posts total). This month I noticed that most of my looks were Little White Dresses or Vacation Outfits. Vivian made many appearances again being her adorable self.


What to Wear to a Summer Bridal Shower as a Guest.
Hands down my most favorite striped dress I wore last year and one of my favorite dresses I purchased at Loft last year. This LWD has the mixing of red+blue stripes creating wider groups of stripes, wide straps and that beautiful wrap-ruffled style. I dressed it up with a pair of Olive Green Block Heel Laceup Sandals and a Golden-Bronze Oversized Bow Clutch. Vivian looked gorgeous in her Cold-Shoulder Striped Dress.


Thursday Moda #74: Black for Summer, for the Office.



Thursday Moda #78: Beach Vacation Floral Swimsuits.
This post was all about some of the swimsuits we wore during our August vacation. I loved the 2-piece Red+Black Floral Bandeau I paired with one of my Floppy Hats and Vivian's Ruffled Hot Pink Polka Dot Swimsuit.


Thursday Moda #77: Bridal Shower Dresses for the Bride.


Third Thursday Thoughts (on a Wednesday): Vacation and More.
Ok so this was more like a Reflections/Thoughts/Real Life post but I talked mostly about our August vacation in New Buffalo where we also visited Indiana and Chicago Illinois (above).  The Red/Blue/Floral Ruffled Romper with the Waist-Tied Pineapple Cardigan and Gold Leather Gold Sandals was one of my favorite outfits that I wore during vacation. Such a cute background too. You gotta love Chicago's riverside downtown.

September 2017.
I was just as busy in September as I was in August, except this time around with work (it kicked my butt). Also, since Vivian started pre-school, I changed around my work schedule. I had to wake up way earlier. I only managed to post 16 times. But there are still some cute looks from this month, and I noticed that the pastel outfits were my favorites. Possibly the most special and most favorite post I wrote this month pertained to Vivian starting her very first day of school (ever). That post is featured right below with Vivian holding her first day of school sign. This month I also did a big September collaboration with a bunch of my blogging babe friends, titled "The September Issue".


Vivian's First Day of Pre-School.



Thursday Moda #80: Navy Embroidered Dress for Fall.


Thursday Moda #82: Light Neutrals for Early Fall.


The September Issue: 9 ways to Style a Little White Dress for Fall.



Sage Green Sweater and Loft's Early Fall Sale.
The combination of these Blush Pink Satin Pearl-Embellished Sneakers, Off-White Lace Mini Skirt and Minty, Tulip-Back Light Sweater was perfect.

October 2017.
Things picked up a little bit on the blog for September and you saw a whole lot of my 2 Long Chenille (Sister) Cardigans (the Ochre one and the Dusty Pink, both by Loft and they are gorgeous). I did another unique remixing challenge this month with some blogging babes, where we chose 5 pieces to wear all month. So one of the 5 pieces should have been remixed into a new look each day. It was fun. I managed to get out 20 posts this month.

Thursday Moda #83: Black Skinny Jeans Remix for Early Fall.
Possibly the 2 simplest looks featured out of my favorites from these 6 months, but both equally chic, put-together, mom-friendly and modern. I am so glad I purchased these very black Abs-olution Jeans from the Nordstrom Sale last Summer. They are great, make my butt look fantastic and I have worn them over 10 times so far.



Thursday Moda # 85: Plain Tees + Neutral Booties = Fall Staples.



Khaki Skirt and Red Stripes.
One of my most favorite casual looks of all 2017. The combination of khaki with red and a touch of white was beautiful and fresh. I'd repeat this outfit head to toe as is (and I don't repeat outfits).

November 2017.
November was a pretty easy-going month for me on the blog and sort of the calm before the storm before the holidays. I did start "The Holiday Series" collaborations towards the end of this month including both the Thanksgiving and Black Friday outfits this month. Oh and there were a total of 19 posts. My Grey OTK Suede Boots and Colorful Wooden Beaded Long Necklace along my Deep Forest Green Chenille Coat-Cardigan made many appearances this month. I started wearing a lot of dark colors but along jewel shades.


The Holiday Series: What to Wear for Thanksgiving, a Multi-Blogger Collaboration.
This outfit and collaborations was one of my favorites of 2017. Though this outfit is pretty casual, it is also slightly dressy with my shimmer white booties. That coatigan is amazing too and I wore it a lot last Fall and now during Winter. And I was having a great hair day cause I had just chopped and styled my hair at the hair-dresser.


Thursday Moda #87: Leggings and Tunics for Fall.


Thursday Moda #91: Plaid Mini Skirts and French Berets.
I am thinking I shall do more similar looks to these above: mini skirts, cute shoes, fun detail tops and berets or baker boy hats, this year. I liked the outfit with the hot pink bird sweater and tulip wrap mini a little more though I love these both. While you preferred the navy+red preppy look best!

December 2017.
December is one of my favorite months to dress for and usually every year I have so many beautiful outfits from this festive month. I didn't do too many dressy looks this year but there were still some I loved. This month I continued "The Holiday Series" and I was so busy. While I managed to post 10 times, I never did part two of my Christmas Home Tour. There were a few posts reminiscing about Christmases past and of course Vivian showed off some of her own holiday looks.


Fancied up for The Holidays with Target.



Thursday Moda #94: Merry Christmas from 3 Friends!!




The Holiday Series: What to Wear for New Year's Eve, a Multi-Blogger Collaboration + Linkup.
My favorite Mommy+Mini Holiday Look post that we did. I loved how we coordinated in burgundy+black without matching at the slightest. And I love that I am ending my very lengthy and thorough 2017 Style Recap with this outfit cause you got to admit that lace+leather skirt is so darn cute! And even cuter - Vivian's pom pom ballet flats and her beaming smile!







Comments

  1. It's true what they say time flies when you are having fun! It looks like you and Vivian had fun blogging! It's so nice to look back and see how far along you have come as well as how your style may or may not have changed. It's hard to pick which outfit is my favorite but I do know I love the matching chambray dress you and Vivian took. She even had the pose down. Too cute! I can't wait what you have up your sleeves this year. Congratulations on a such huge milestone!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th link up. You wore so many cute dress last summer.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Ada on your 100 link up. lots of gorgeous outfits here!
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your outfits, you and your girl are both such pretty ladies! Love all her dresses!

    Marie
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 100 link ups!!! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cute outfits! Great inspiration! Your daughter is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh look at Vivian !!!
    Congrats on the linkups and indeed there are so many looks to choose from :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to see these summer outfits, where did the year go? I'm longing for the warmer weather - it can't come quick enough! Really had enough of this dreary wet winter weather. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fabulous outfits here. I love the sage sweater with lacy skirt. Your daughter is adorable!! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts