Red, White and Ombre.

I hope your long July 4th weekend and celebrations have been going great so far. Mine have as well. Living life, enjoying the beautiful warm weather and spending a lot of time with my little one. I started my off time on Saturday where I wore this outfit (for a baby boy shower I went to during the daytime) and if you follow me on Instagram - which you should - you may have seen snippets of my past few days during my Instagram stories. Yesterday I even shared my grocery bags when I went grocery shopping at Aldi's. 

As I mentioned I wore this Red, White and Blue Ombre Fit+Flare Lace Dress to a shower I went to. I was by far the most over-dressed person there including the mom-to-be who was wearing a maxi dress with thong sandals and the most beautiful floral crown. The mama is a former co-worker of mine (we have remained friends) who after trying for 4 years, finally had her second baby, 7+ years after her first son. Since she had gotten rid of almost everything of her first boy's, her mother and aunt threw her a back-yard shower/sprinkle of about 40 people (and about 7-8 kids under 7). It was a lot of fun because all the food was home-cooked by the ladies. We munched on quiche, caprese salad, grilled chicken over butter angel hair pasta, cupcakes, jello desserts, mimosas, sparkling juice and lots of fruit. Everything turned out great. I was there without Vivian but after I came back home, my dear Vivi wanted to be part of the action (photos) in her patriotic red+white+blue outfit and she is always too cute so of course I said Yes!

Since it was the holiday weekend, I wanted to add some red to my outfit. It would be perfect since my dress was blue and white. And it didn't go unnoticed by the ladies there either. Some even commented that I chose a blue dress since the shower was for a boy. Funny thing is my Gorgeous Striped Espadrille Wedges have been in my closet for about 7-8 years. They are in a silky material. The stripes are in red, yellow and mint but the lace ties are in red. These are by Tommy Hilfiger - which is an American designer who symbolizes American sporty and casual-chic style in my opinion - and I had purchased them from Lord+Taylor. It was a hot day so I only opted for some earrings and my Turquoise Crispin Ball Earrings by Baublebar did the trick (they are light, pretty and statement-makers). Also, my hair is growing out and due to being hot I have been wearing it in a low pony. This Scarf-like Blue-Patterned Elastic Bow I have been using for my ponytails is perfect for this 4th of July week, I love the cobalt with the bright pink. My little girl is wearing a Stars+Stripes Tank Top (I want it in my size and I love that silk red bow off the side, on the neck) and a Chambray Flared Skirt. It doesn't get more Americana than that. She has a pretty Star Barrette on her hair too. What are you wearing today in honor of 4th of July and what are your plans for July 4th?! If you didn't yet, check out my Awesome Sale Picks going on currently in so many stores. Thank you. =)

Vivian's Outfit:
White Tank Top w/ Stars+Stripes: Wal Mart.
Light-Wash Chambray Circle Skirt: Babies R' Us.
Fuchsia Sunglasses w/ Silver Pave Stones: Disney (New + Gifted).
White+Red Chevron Enamel Barrette: Meijer's (New).
Soft Pink Tulle-trimmed Barrette w/ Patent Leather Star: The Children's Place (New).
Black Thong Sandals w/ Multi-Colored Crystals: Wal Mart (New).


Light Baby Pink/Dusty Pink Plastic Framed Oversized Sunglasses: Forever 21 (similar, Huge Steal, love these), (similar, Great Deal), (similar, on Sale, my Favorite), (very similar, Huge Splurge, love these).
Turqouise Jelly Elastic (worn as a bracelet): Scunchie (New).
Red/Yellow/Aqua Laceup Espadrille Wedges: Tommy Hilfiger via Lord & Taylor (Old) (similar, Steal, love these), (similar, on Sale, love these), (similar closed-toe option in rainbow striped, my Favorite), (similar in navy+cream, Splurge).



I have a lot of red+white+blue outfits that have yet to be blogged, many cute patriotic looks worn by both Vivian and I so stay tuned because all week, I will be posting these red+white+blue outfits! 

Have a Safe Holiday!!





Image Map

Comments

  1. Aww cute outfits! You two are so chic, and I love your wedges/espadrilles!

    Madame X
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your red, white, and blue look with ombre!!! How fun! Your daughter looks adorable as well! Hope you have a great holiday!! xo

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ombré! I seriously cannot believe how long her hair had got. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate how no one dresses up for things anymore! but at least you looked fabulous in your festive ombre dress, and I love that it's lace too.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ombre effect on your dress and those adorable lace up wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You girls were all decked out! Viv is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Viv is getting so big!! Love your red, white & blue outfits! Such a sweet Mommy & Me

    http://michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts