The Sunday Showcase, November 2021: Thanksgiving Inspired Outfits.

Last time I co-hosted The Sunday Showcase with my dear friend MIREILLE of Chez Mireille it was still Summer. Meanwhile she and GRACE from Graceful Rags hosted together. This November I am back and since it is the month of giving thanks, we decided to style Thanksgiving Outfits and our looks couldn't be more different, though we tend to think alike a lot when we do these 'style challenges'. Read on below to see what I chose as my Thanksgiving Outfit and check out both of our blogs to draw inspiration. Also, don't forget to join the linkup, on the bottom of this post. Thank You.

THANKSIGIVING  INSPIRED  OUTFITS.
When thinking of Thanksgiving one has to consider clothing that is comfortable, just as they are stylish and if you are invited somewhere for dinner, I would say semi-dressy too. Keeping that in mind I chose to style a sweater dress. This one is full on styling with the large polka dots, the turtleneck style and the little knit belt it came with that I tied into a bow. I also happen to love black+tan as a combination so this dress is killer. It is from the Who What Wear line from Target - my favorite line as I have mentioned before - from last year. I gussied it up and made it edgy too with my black leather moto boots by Steve Madden and my diamond-patterned black tights also by Target. My favorite and most-worn taupe/tan sunglasses by Loft made an appearance again as they match this dress perfectly. I am also wearing those double bobble earrings (pearls on the front and they have multi pave crystals on the back, I have had them for a long time, they are from The Limited). I kept my makeup simple but did go for a bold dark red lip. Thanksgiving is after all a big holiday and it also symbolizes the start of the holiday season so go for that bright lipstick, don't hesitate! How do you like my Thanksgiving Inspired Outfit?! Do you think a Sweater Dress is a great choice to wear for Thanksgiving?! What are you wearing?! I linked some awesome items to recreate my look. I am in love with those cozy and warm sweater dresses especially the cream sweater dress by Paige and the camel midi dress by Gap - need to get that one!

Mireille is wearing the infamous shacket that is trending right now. Also trending: a denim pencil skirt and I love hers. She put them together effortlessly with some cognan knee-high boots. Boots like her were something I used to own but haven't in a few years and I definitely need a replacement. Hers is definitely a stylish Thanksgiving look that is casual yet a little dressy.


THE  SUNDAY  SHOWCASE  FEATURE.
For my features today I decided to choose an outfit I loved from The August Showcase that I last hosted here on my blog, as well as someone from The October Showcase that Mireille and Grace hosted together.

Imogen was talking about 'Wardrobe Choices' in her post and though her outfit is unlike anything I would ever wear (maybe 7-8 years ago) I loved it on her because she is so bold and pretty in all her layering of fuchsia shades and flowers. Those are some cool and artsy boots!

While Ellibelle asks the question whether being over 40 is 'Too Old for a Tiered Skirt'? And if she were to ask me I would definitely say NO. Not only is her skirt so cute but she styled it to perfection too. Her brown sandals and matching bag are so beautiful and perfect additions to a Fall wardrobe.








You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter








Comments

  1. Aida you look lovely in your polka dot dress and you are just beaming! Must be that new MR. in your life..YAY for you..so happy for you!

    xoox
    Valerie
    www.mapleleoapard.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your polka dot sweater dress, Ada. Perfect for Thanksgiving! I'm so glad you're "back," too. Was it just last year that we did a Thanksgiving collab? Yikes, time sure flies.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this dress is perfect for the season and yes put together for Thanksgiving while comfortable! I love the big polka-dots as well as the different texture with the patterned toghts and edgy boots. You look wonderful! Funny that I chose one of Imogen's post too!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and tan is a wonderful classic color combo but bringing it out in a polka dot pattern is beyond genius! You look fabulous and your choice of tights was great as are the boots. Well done and I'm glad to see you back to blogging.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww the dress is pretty and really adds fun and personality! Love the pokla dots.
    You look stunning, dear!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these polka dots on you, babe!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pattern mixing Ada, perfect fit for the Holidays!

    Thanks for your link party - stop over if you have a chance!
    https://birthofafashionblogger.blogspot.com/2021/11/photo-dump-lets-play-catch-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that dress Ada!! I can't wait to pull out my patterned tights because they always look so fun.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts