The Sunday Showcase, August 2021: Utility Style and Olive, for Summer.

It's August, where did Summer go?! Why do I feel (and actually am) busy and busier every day?! Why?! I am even late posting this month's "The Sunday Showcase", a week late to be exact, but it's OK because August has 5 Sundays so here we are on the second Sunday of this hot month (before the start of school and Fall), where Mireille and I are styling Utility Olive for Summer. You can actually read her post, here.

UTILITY  STYLE  AND  OLIVE,  FOR  SUMMER.
In my Utility Style for Summer I bring you one of my most favorite dresses I ever purchased from Target (I have had it for a few years and I also own it in a cranberry color). I happen to love this utility style dress with the henley button-up style on top and the drawstring little belt on the waist. I styled it with mixed media gold peep-toe wedges (I have also had these shoes forever). These wedges are a metallic leather in the front only and the rest of them are suede. Both pieces mixed very well with my taupe sunglasses by Loft - my most worn sunglasses for the past 3 Summers and I own a ton of sunnies. I always love pairing olive with blush pink so I chose some statement stud cluster earrings by BaubleBar to pair this look with. I love the mixture of crystals and the fringe on the bottom of these earrings. A dainty gold necklace with a few stars finishes off this look. And I love it!! I own a few olive green dresses and hands down this is my favorite. I love the sophisticated, urban-chic, city utilitarian style of this dress. Are you wearing any utility pieces or any olive green for this Summer?

When Mireille and I agreed upon this month's theme, we chose "Utility". That we both chose olive - hers is a darker shade - is a coincidence. Our outfits this month are quite different. I am in a dress (totally my style) and she is in jogger pants. But there are common elements still, besides the utilitarian style and the olive color. Both of our pieces have drawstring ties and we are both wearing wedges and fun accessories and both outfits can go well from day to night. I can totally see our outfits for date night. You can also take them into early Fall with a jacket draped or worn over our shoulders.

THE  SUNDAY  SHOWCASE  FEATURE.
I guess I must have green and utility "themes" in mind today because my favorite look hands-down from July's Sunday Showcase belongs to the lovely EMMA from Style Splash. I love Emma's style in general because she never shies away from color. And this utility-style cropped bold Kelly green jumpsuit is right up my alley. Love that she paired it with gorgeous rose gold satin wedges. Her 'Sizzlin' Backyard BBQ Style' is exactly that - HOT!!







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. I hear ya. I have been super busy this year as well. Which makes it hard to blog.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great dress and I now really want to find something similar for myself: I love the length, the waist... and I imagine it looks great in cranberry too.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh fun theme, Ada! I do love a good utility style every now and then. This dress is fabulous!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada,

    You and Mireille sold me on the idea of olive for summer. I’ve been wearing a bit of myself but I was concerned that olive looked a bit out of place this time of the year. I no longer have that fear. 😊

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every post on this blog is excellent and informative. I like the way you wrote it! Great job! Read also Survey Junkie 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts