Thursday Moda 265: Stripes on Stripes with the Chicest Overalls.


Life is heading back to normal folks or so it looks like. That means a lot of you have headed back to work or are about to head back to the office, very soon. And I think what most of us are missing (besides the socializing with our co-workers and so) is the dressing up part. Whether you work in a super casual work environment, a business casual office or a dressier more business-like environment, we all miss wearing real clothes to work (instead of sweats, leggings, lungewear, PJs, tanks and loose tops). What better way to go back to work with a bang?! Don't go for that pencil skirt paired with a blouse - as elegant as that is, it is very predictable! Don't go for a stuffy button-down tucked into trousers - what is so fabulous about that?! Instead go for something fun, street-chic, modern and totally sophisticated at the same time. That's what I did here with this layered look featuring these chic striped overalls  by the Lou+Gray line from Loft (from a couple of years ago).

STRIPES  ON  STRIPES  WITH  THE  CHICEST  OVERALLS.
So I went for stripes on stripes with the chicest overalls by layering these crisp white+navy linen overalls over a classic black+white striped tee which I have had forever (this one is from White House Black Market). To make the look more sophisticated and tailored, I belted my overalls with a double buckle tan/nude belt which I have also had forever (from Pitaya - it's a local boutique). I accessorized with this lazer-cut leather crossbody square bag by Express, dangly silver chandelier earrings and oversized sunglasses in peach+yellow (from Forever 21). My only pop of color to this otherwise black+white look are those D'Orsay pumps by Target (they are well made, fun, fancy and super affordable) and a periwinkle blue bow scrunchie worn as a bracelet. Let me talk about these bright, cheery bright orange pumps for a minute. I also have these pumps in leopard, navy and a pink floral over black background too. They are awesome pumps and Target has different colors, patterns and textures of these shoes every year - I will link some on the widget below, too. I think this look works because the stripes go in opposite directions between the two pieces (vertically and horizontally). What do you think?! I would totally wear this outfit for back to work. It is so elegant, chic and beautiful. Very uniquely styled and not boring, either. Would you wear this outfit to work?! How would you style striped overalls?! Or do you call this a jumpsuit?!




Thank you to the ladies who joined my last linkup and loved all my throwback red+white+blue 4th of July looks. This time the blondes are all on the front row, killing it with their outfits. Lots of maxis, cheerful paisley print and lots of color, too. Let's recap.

Leelo shared a 'Monsoon Maxi Dress' in earthy colors of blue. I love the v-neckline that those black straps create - elegant!
One of the 'Outfit Ideas' that Laura shared on her post was the pairing of a camouflage mini skirt with a peach tank top. I love this look and how it looks like a dress, too.
'Where Have All the Blog Link-ups Gone?' This is the question that Rena asks and I agree with her, as someone who runs a link-up of her own (for 4 and a half years almost), linkups are not at all what they used to be. As far as Rena's outfit, I love the class of a white button down paired with a classic blue denim jacket (both timeless pieces) but she makes it fun with a red+blue paisley maxi skirt.
Amber keeps it classy and sexy in her white cutoff denim shorts and matching sky blue tee+blazer on top. In her post she shows 'Three Ways to Style Blazers and Shorts' and what fantastic looks she put together!
One of the ultimate 'Summer Outfits You'll Want to Copy' is a seersucker gingham maxi dress with a smocked neckline paired cutely with crisp white sneakers and a little bucket hat. Jill looks delightful in hers!

SHOP  MY LOOK, BELOW:







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Image Map

Comments

  1. Such a fun jumpsuit and I like the mix of the contrasting stripes on the tee with it! it's great things are opening up for you and you can go back into the office - such a long wait! I've been going in now and then - we are still being told to come in when we want so we mostly work from home, but it's good to go in now and then and see my colleagues face to face!

    Thanks for the link up!

    Hope your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, heading back to work means getting to get dressed up again! I work from home all the time anyway but at times I miss getting dressed up. It's a lot of fun!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two stripes together! And that pop of orange is perfect!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Ada, what a fabulous jumpsuit! I love the vertical stripes and it looks so great paired with contrasting horizontal stripes. And the way you dressed it up with red heels is so great. I would wear this in a heartbeat!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this jumpsuit on you, it looks so chic, but also playful with your stripes on stripes styling! Thank you for hosting the link up and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking as lovely as the day! I also like the striped tshirt!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your jumpsuit, great styled with the tee, with a pop of red. Enjoy the rest of your week Ada and thank you so much for hosting.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ada, this is so cute the double stripes and I love the red heel with it! I did miss dressing up, but do anytime I go out now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you added the pop of red to your outfit. I have been working during the whole covid-19 pandemic. Since I work at a grocery store.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit and those fab red heels! Thanks for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is adorable for summer, Ada! I love the stripes on stripes, and your red heels add the perfect pop of color. Thank you for featuring my look, too!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is so chic! Love the double stripes! Thank you so much for the feature!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jumpsuit, overalls, whatever you call it, it is SUPER cute! I love the way you styled it with the alternate striped tee. And the pop of red in the shoes is brilliant!!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts