Thursday Moda #264: Throwback Thursday in Red+White+Blue for 4th of July.

Happy Thursday Loves and Happy July!! Today in honor of 4th of July - America's Birthday - which is in 3 days, I am doing a Throwback Style post featuring some of the Red+White+Blue looks from previous years. Most of these looks feature skirts, a lot of them were from my "Skirtmas in July" Series "Skirtmas in July" series that I did in the Summer of 2018 with my friend ELSIE from Polished Whimsy who loves skirts just as much as I do. That particular year we happened to own some of the same skirts from Loft & Target. So, let's  go down the fashion memory lane!! Let's do it!!

Striped Blue+White Ruffled Wrap Skirt with White Graphic Tee.
An easy breezy outfit featuring the most beautiful, feminine, flirty, ruffled wrap dress in shades of blue and white, paired so well with the muscle tank top in navy blue textured writing. This entire outfit head to toe is from Target. I love how good the circle basket tote looks with this. I wore this the summer of 2018 during our vacation in Grand Haven, posing in front of one of their famous flower gardens.

Baby Blue Striped Crane A-line Skirt with Red Roses Chiffon Blouse & Red Stilettos.
Probably the most dressed up look in this entire post, where I paired this stunning Who What Wear crane-print A-line midi skirt with a stunning red chiffon blouse with 3D roses on the front (it is from Bebe and I have had it forever) and accessorized it my red pom pom stilettos and a teal blue patent leather clutch. Such a gorgeous look for date night and it would work for an office too (perhaps with a lower heel), especially if you work in advertising, merchandising or fashion.

Red+Navy Striped Midi Tank Dress by Target.
A few years ago Target released these knit cotton midi tank dresses. This is the first one I purchased and wore back in the Summer of 2018. The red+navy bold stripes make it perfect for the 4th of July. I went for a bold and unexpected color here and paired it with my bright yellow strappy sandals.

White Loft Blouse Embroidered in Blue+Red.
Another ruffled wrap midi skirt and this black eyelet piece serves as a blank canvas to pair with any colors. Since I wore it the week of America's birthday I paired it with red, white and blue, wearing the most beautiful breezy white flutter-sleeve Loft blouse embroidered in blue+red. The crochet cream bag and the red ruffled suede slide sandals added a fun, boho vibe to this look.

Red Silky Blouse with Black+White Gingham Cropped Pants.
A stunning office look in navy+white gingham cropped pants paired with a red silky blouse - love the statement sleeves. I love the white Kendra Scott pendant necklace with this look and those criss-cross wedge sandals. When in doubt, always go for a classic black+white or navy+white gingham print paired with red, during the 4th of July. As a matter of fact, I love this combination so much I wore it again in the next outfit.

Brick Shorts with Navy Gingham Peplum Top.
In here I reversed the look with my navy+blue gingham, seersucker peplum blouse and these brick red shorts. I love that I went with cognac leather buckled sandals and it was a hot hot day, no jewelry was needed.

Black+White Look with Blue, Red and White Accents.
This is an unexpected way to add a little bit of red, white and blue to a classic color combination: black and white. I only own very few croppped tops, to pair with my high-waisted midi skirts like I did here. This black eyelet cropped tank top is my favorite. The stars of this outfit are the bold earrings, statement necklace and striped cherry-print tote. Love the pops of the Americana colors.

Blue+White Wrap Mini Skirt with Red Pindot Eyelet Blouse.
Last but not least another office look featuring another pretty blouse. This pairs my satiny tulip mini skirt (love the navy+white geo print of this H+M skirt) with a peplum swiss-dot crocheted top and a matching bold red heart bag (by Express). Hot!!



Thank you to everyone who linked up with me last week and for loving my latest poem. I must say the poem I shared with you last Thursday is my favorite I have written this year. I am featuring my 5 most favorite outfits you linked last week and they all happen to be gorgeous outfit inspirations in red+white+blue for the 4th of July.

'A Fourth of July Outfit for You' courtesy of fashionable style designer Nora. Her printed paisley kimono is gorgeous and looks great with dark blue denim and heeled red sandals. The fedora adds pizzaz to this outfit.
Alison is wearing a wispy baby blue chambray-looking dress with the prettiest embroidery on top. 'A Blue Midi Dress - Perfect for Summer' she says.
It's the 'Pink Bow Sandals' for me. But in all honesty all of Karen's outfit is delightful, in love with her striped button-front top.
It's 'Summer Wedding Season' and Di knows it. Her pinkish-red dress could be paired with some white classic navy-striped Adidas sneakers and she can keep her little white clutch - voila 4th of July ready for a barbecue.
I am a huge fan of gingham as this style post shows in my outfits. Nicole knows it too: how 'to Look Your Best in Patriotic Attire' in an outfit where she paired a light blue+white gingham button-down with a white pencil skirt and red slides.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter








Comments

  1. Looking chic as always! Love the red chiffon blouse!
    Take care always, dear!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this retrospective post with your looks from Independence Days from the past. You look great in red! Also, thank you for featuring my post as one of your favorites from last week. Hope you and Vivian enjoy a wonderful 4th of July holiday and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very stylish in every your outfit! Love your every look, Ada!

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feature Ada! Fourth of July looks are always fun to put together and you certainly have some great ones. Have a wonderful long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the play on words for skirtmas in July: might have to steal it for when I write my post about my skirts: my goal for the next week to 10 days is to wear some of my skirts that are feeling left out (been wearing dresses much more this season). Love the 2 first skirts the most as well as the 2 last ones! Might use some of these ideas to style mine!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's some fabulous styles here Ada. You look gorgeous in red, love the red blouse. Thank you so much for the feature. Happy 4th July! Enjoy the celebrations.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your fun patriotic looks! Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stylish and gorgeous in all of these outfits, Ada! I especially love the second look with your a-line skirt, red blouse, and heels!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all great and festive red, white, and blue looks, Ada. The skirt and stilettos outfit is hot, my friend! I also have the red and blue striped tank dress from Target! I did a similar post for the holiday, too. Great minds do think alike! Lol!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all such good looks Ada! Very chic and stylish. I love the skirts and the gingham too of course but I honestly couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. Have a fab 4th my friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ada, I really like all of your red, white, and blue patriotic outfits. I am dying over your crane print skirt! That is such a fun piece! I am going to link a few old posts with patriotic styles!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That crane skirt! Oooooh, I love it. But all the looks are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful looks! I love each and every one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful review of past RWB looks. Each one was lovely and a fabulous balance of color, pattern, and details. I've been saying that RWB will be a big hit this summer.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these outfits look so pretty. I just love those first two skirts - they look just perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous outfits Ada! I love the crane print skirt and red top!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts