The Fab 40s - Inspired by Earth.

And just like that, my birthday month May, is gone!! And the last couple of weeks I have been so, so, so busy. Story of my life I know!! It took me so long to finally post this special monthly collaboration post. I am back with my 40s babes and finally on this Memorial Day - the last Monday of May - I am getting to post this outfit which is Inspired by Earth. The other 3 fabulous ladies and myself get together monthly (the last Monday of every month) and we pick a theme to which we dedicate an entire outfit. Since last time we were 'Inspired by Water', this time we are "Inspired by Earth" - a theme I chose. And we will continue with all themes that represent mother nature and the horoscope, so stay tuned monthly.

INSPIRED  BY  EARTH.
So what makes this outfit earthy, you would say?! First and foremost it is the romper. Flowers represent planet earth. But more than that, the colors of this romper are very Earth-inspired: greens, blues, yellows and a touch of mauve. Even more earthy inspirations: my suede laceup pom-pom sandals are the color of dirt, I have on taupe sunglasses which are a neutral earthy color, my earrings are a bright kelly green like the gorgeous greenery surrounding me and I have on a sky blue butterfly necklace - butterflies are part of nature and earth. My two crystal beaded bracelets in 2 different shades of blue match the romper beautifully but I also love how the additional magenta color that I added (my crossbody bag with the matching lipstick) mixed well in this ensemble of colors. Little Vivian makes an appearance too and looks adorable in her own earthy look: floral shorts paired with a rainbow tee (both have elements of mother nature), throw in a pair of tortoise-framed sunglasses and she nailed the challenge, too.



CHECK  OUT  MY  STYLISH  SISTERS.

Teals, browns, khakis and olive are very much earthy colors and the lovely Daenel has them all as part of her chic, elegant look! Daenel's style is usually very bohemian and natural so I knew this "challenge" would suit her to a T.

Green is Shelbee's color: the one she wears and likes the most. I cannot think of a more earthy outfit than one in green and blue, just like the globe. Her tie dye cowgirl boots are not only unique and gorgeous but also very her!

Suzy's outfit is a representation of Earth itself. She is head to toe in the colors of Earth during a semi-warm 50 degrees dusty day, after a long rain, where mud can be found on the streets. Even her gorgeous sandals have three earth tones in them and I love them!









Comments

  1. Super cute Ada! Both of you are just adorable! Love your romper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, Ada. Love your romper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are so cute, what an adorable playsuit! :)

    Great theme!

    Thanks for the link up :)

    Hope your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this fun floral romper on you, my friend. And your beautiful garden pictures. How fun that Vivian joined in for this earthy challenge!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Vivian is adorable as usual. Love the pop of magenta and what a great idea to use a romper!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Vivian look so cute in your floral romper and shorts, and like you are ready for summer! So much inspiration and great interpretation of the earth theme from the Fab 40's ladies, too! Thanks for sharing and the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute romper, Ada! I love it when you and Vivian style matching outfits, you both complement each other so well. <3


    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com
    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shoe are super fun.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vivian is just the cutest. She’s getting so big.

    Your romper is so pretty. I’m inspired to wear mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing Ada! I love all your rompers- you suit them best every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy little jumpsuit Ada, how pretty you look. The sandals are so nice too. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts