The Fab 40s - Inspired by Water.

Happy Monday, the last one of April. How is it that we are one third through this year?! I guess it's a good thing. Today the fabulous ladies of the Fab 40s are styling looks Inspired by Water because April Showers, right?! This beautifully metaphoric theme was chosen by the lovely Suzy. All of our looks couldn't look any more different - that's what I love about Fashion. Everyone can interpret fashion differently. The look I chose is actually what I wore for Easter this year, back on April 4th, when it was totally Springy! So let's focus on my outfit, which is...

INSPIRED  BY  WATER.
There are several ways this outfit is inspired by water: the aqua color of the dress, the shape of the dress - which looks like an open umbrella, ready for me to catch the rain - the tiers of the dress further emulate the shape of an umbrella whether it is open or closed, and of course adding to the water inspiration, I am surrounded by water (the pond) and water animals (ducks and geese). The leopard spots on my toes can be thought of as more dots: giant, fancy big water dots created by water and mud. My teal beaded bracelet also has elements of aqua in it: like water drops! Also let's not forget about the water reflection beautifully shown through the water. So with all these references to water and to rain, I truly think I nailed it!! My dress - by the way - is by none other than Target. I have only shopped Target once all through 2021 (yeay me!!) and this is one of the 3 dresses I picked up. I linked my exact dress on the widget at the bottom of this post, alongside 3 other pretty blueish-green tiered dresses, also by Target. My dress comes in coral too. I love the brocade floral woven pattern of the material.

WHAT  WE  WORE  FOR  EASTER  2021.
So these bright dresses is what Vivian and I wore for Easter 2021. We spoke about my aqua dress inspired by the water, first. Now let's spotlight on sweet Vivian. This light pink dress with the ruffled hemline is Vivian's Easter Dress from this year. I purchased it last year via Amazon - it's such a cute piece! I love the little gold+white sequined bunny with the 2 hearts on top. This dress paired so well with the metallic gold knotted headband and her pinkish-coral sparkly textured graphic sneakers with the fun tulle ice creams on top. I love how much fun Vivian's outfit is with all the textures and sparkles, and of course the Easter bunny makes it festive and Eastery. What do you think of our Easter looks?! What colors do you tend to wear for Easter?! Do you think my dress is inspired by water?! I think it is.

This was our fabulous Easter dinner cooked by the babe. He is a delightful chef. This New York strip was a perfectly-cooked Medium Rare. Doesn't it look delish?!

CHECK  OUT  MY  STYLISH  SISTERS.

I can see Daenel's way of "Inspired by Water" and "April Showers" in two ways: the flowers on her top - you need rain and water for those flowers to grow - and the dark denim bell bottoms - which are a shade of blue, and blue is also a shade of water.

Shelbee killed it in not one but two pieces of watercolor. Her joggers and tunic are mismatched yet they beautifully match because of the different nuances of water in them. It's like watermarks for clothes!

In ivory, silver, sapphire and ceylan blue, we got Suzy looking dressy, elegant, casual and cool all at once. It is always Suzy's fabulousity of accessories that get me! In love with her layers of blue beads, even more shades of water!













Comments

  1. Ada, I think I mentioned on my blog that this is one of my all time favourite outfits of yours. You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress. It was as though it was made for this theme! I hadn't thought about it being like an umbrella, but I totally see it now! Beautiful! I love that you added animal print ballerinas. And little Vivian looks gorgeous too. Isn't she growing up fast?! I think it's your turn to choose the theme for May. I can't wait to see what you're going to come up with!
    Hugs
    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, I love this dress so much! The color and the style are totally my jam! And how cute is Vivian in her sequined bunny dress! These are the perfect dresses for Easter! And very well done on the water theme, too. It should be your turn to choose next and I got this crazy idea that we should continue with the other 3 elements...earth, air, and fire! I should email the group!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prefect Easter outfits. I love your dress. Vivian dress is super cute as well. We didn't dress up for Easter this year. Baby Girl did wear a rabbit shirt.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful dress & so perfect for the theme!
    Debbie
    www.yourstyledstory.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little green dress is so cute on you! I love babydoll dresses like this :)

    Thanks for the link up :)

    Hope that you are having a nice week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you nailed it too!!! I really like this dress on you, the color and shape.

    Bojana

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty color on you! Love how you emulated the water! I definitely have shopped more than once at Target and everywhere else this year so I am going to have another "lean" month for May: going to save instead of spend, shop my closet and see how I can be creative in the kitchen.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is so so pretty - the shape, the color, everything about it. And with the leopard shoes - cute and totally unexpected. And how fun that your little one made an appearance. She's getting so big. I remember when she was a tiny little girl. *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely dress on you Ada! I love the color and the tiers. There are quite a few dresses out there with tiers now, right? I liked your explanation of the umbrella catching water, and it was an interesting topic to style!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts