My Annual Blog Birthday Party, 2nd episode - Blue+White Belle.

Today is part two of my Annual Blog Birthday Party where I invite some of my closest blogging friends and they get to wear/style outfits they would wear to a birthday party and I do the same, of course. Thank you to everyone who stopped by on yesterday's post, for all the kind words and warm birthday wishes, too. 

Today I styled another dress, though an entirely different dress than the one featured yesterday, this one is a little more casual, though I have styled it for another collaboration before: for a Fall Wedding, several years ago. Today, in honor of Cinco de Mayo and thinking of Summer I am wearing colors inspired by the Grecian islands: blue and white. I have had this artsy print Old Navy dress for years. I styled it again for my birthday celebration this year with different jewelry, a magenta crossbody bag with matching lipstick and nude suede sandals. I am calling it my...


BLUE+WHITE  BELLE.
I have had this dress from Old Navy for several years. As a matter of fact the way I styled today's birthday dress is by shopping my closet since I have had every single piece I am wearing - including the jewelry - for several years. It was a very hot day too (our high hit 81 degrees) so I wanted to be comfortable while still looking chic, put-together, feminine and as if I was attending a birthday party - my own. I love the artsy tie dye striped print of this dress and the fun bell sleeves (which inspired the title of this post, too). To accessorize I chose my low block heel nude sandals by Who What Wear, my magenta/plum mini saddle bag by Rebecca Minkoff and taupe matte lipstick. For jewelry I have on a big bold oval silver pave pendant (by Macy's), several sparkly rings+diamonds, fun crocheted hand-made teal statement earrings and 4 fun pastel colorful spring bracelets. And of course I am blind without sunglasses when it is sunny out. I have had this taupe pair by Loft for years and it is my most worn pair of sunglasses ever! The glasses match the earrings perfectly, don't you think?! Which of the two looks: yesterday's or today's is your favorite birthday dress outfit from this year's annual blog birthday party and why?! Isn't it fun to shop your closet, especially when it's a new season - every piece feels like new!


Joining my annual birthday celebration today I have my two blogging besties book-ending the collage: Jennifer - fellow local Michigan blogger - and Mireille with whom I co-host "The Sunday Showcase" every month and it's their first time joining my blog birthday party posts. We also have Suzy, Darlene, Julie, Chrissy and Shelbee. Some of these ladies have joined my annual Blog Birthday Party on the previous years and I appreciate them for having fun and wanting to join in, again. We will get to each of their outfits and their little blurbs a little below. 
Thank you ladies for celebrating my blog birthday party this year and for looking so stylish while doing so! 


Now let's take a look at the 7 stylish bloggers - ranging in ages from the 30s to the 60s - who joined me today, starting with my real life friend Jennifer. =)
"I met Ada back in the fall when we both realized we lived near each other. I love when I get to meet my blogger friends in real life. Some of my best friends I've met online. Happy Birthday Ada!"

"This is the first time I've worn this dress. It was a Christmas present from my mother-in-law. Isn't it pretty? I was saving it for a special occasion, and what better day to wear it than on Ada's birthday!? Happy Birthday Ada! I hope your day is full of magic xx."


"For Ada's annual birthday post party, I'm styling one of my favorite basics--a black maxi dress. In honor of her special day, I added a fun plaid neck scarf from Madewell with pink--a color that looks lovely on Ada! Enjoy your birthday, my friend!"

"Somehow during the past 13 months of living a mostly sedentary lifestyle, I managed to lose 22 pounds. Now as we begin to emerge after a very long winter, I figured a body contouring dress was in order for celebrating your birthday and life in general. I found this olive green ribbed turtleneck dress on Target clearance a few months ago and it paired perfectly with my camouflage sock booties for a sleek and stylish birthday party outfit. Happy Birthday, my friend! I am honored to join your blog celebration once again!"


"Sending the warmest wishes and congratulations to the sweet Ada on her birthday. So glad I was able to meet her in person last year!"

"This floral top has shimmery silver threads throughout!  It's relatively sheer but not see through. I was attracted to the beautiful floral pattern, the colors and shimmer! The elastic waist adds great definition. I'm all about details so the ruffled collar makes me happy as does the tie at the neck. There's still enough opening to peek a necklace through!  The jeans are dark wash high waisted ankle length.  I was concerned that the straight cut would add some width to me but it's not as much as I thought it would be. I like that the ankle length jeans allow my pink pumps to show! I actually wore this look to my bestie's 60th birthday party! It's the perfect birthday celebration look!"

"Happy Birthday, Ada! I have truly enjoyed getting to know you this past year and I am so glad to participate in your birthday blog party! This is what I would wear were we to meet up for a little birthday celebration! Casual meets cute with a little pattern mixing! Happy, Happy birthday!"












Comments

  1. Everyone looks so beautiful for your birthday, Ada! I hope your celebrations are as wonderful as you are, my friend!
    Huge hugs,
    Suzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Ada! Love your fun summer dress and gorgeous bag!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the ladies look lovely--on both days of your birthday celebration. And you are right that pulling something seasonal out of our closets feels new again! Happy Cinco de Mayo and Happy Birthday, my friend!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!! All of the other ladies look beautiful dressed for your party, as well! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww wishing you a very happy birthday! Love this dress on you, and you look so happy!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous way to celebrate your birthday. I do hope it was a fabulous day and the start to a wonderful year to come.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and the other girls look magnificent! A lovely way to celebrate your birthday and blog! Thanks for linking up Ada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute tie dye dress, the burgundy bag is nice with it :)

    Happy birthday!
    Thanks for the link up :)

    Hope that your week is going well :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Week Ada! You look beautiful & I hope that you've had an amazing week!
    Debbie
    www.yourstyledstory.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how all the styles are different but so pretty! Your dress is a keeper: no wonder it has stayed in your closet. Looks cute and comfy! Happy birthday week!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very happy birthday to you, Ada! I hope you had a lovely day and have a great year to come! You and all of the ladies look wonderful. Love your dress, it's a classic keeper. I shopped my closet for my blue and white outfit, today, too. Thanks for letting us all share in your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a super fun dress to celebrate your birthday, Ada! I hope you had the most amazing day ever! My post is finally live...a day late but still it is done! It has been super crazy here this week and I just could not get ahead of the game. Thanks for including me in your birthday celebration! Cheers to many more.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit too, Ada! This blue and white dress is a timeless piece you can wear over and over again. Sending more birthday love for a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Activities for birthday party in Singapore can include party games, piñata, craft activities, face painting, or magic shows.
    Indoor playgrounds often provide activities such as ball pits, trampolines, and obstacle courses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts