The Sunday Showcase March 2021: Transitioning into Spring with Dresses.

This is the first real outfit (outside of what I wear when I stay home) that I wore this March (on March 3rd to be exact) and I am glad to post it today on a special collaboration with my friend Mireille, for The Sunday Showcase. March marks the first official month of Spring. Next Sunday at midnight the time changes too and we get to spring forward. This is the perfect month to start transitioning our styles into Spring - which also means wearing dresses, like Mireille and I did in our outfits, today. While the snow is melting, as you can see from my photos today, also, it's time to get out some of those dresses that would easily transition into Spring. Think of dresses with long sleeves like mine, t-shirt dresses, ponte dresses, a light sweater dress, a bohemian midi or a maxi dress.

TRANSITIONING  INTO  SPRING  WITH  DRESSES.
It is common knowledge most likely, but one of the best ways to transition into Spring is with a dress. You can never go wrong with wearing a dress for Spring. The perfect way to make this Spring Transitional is A} choosing a dress, even better if it is a long-sleeve dress, cause it's still chilly out; B} style the dress with tights, keep those legs warm, it's not quite time for bare legs; C} choose a pair of peep-toe booties to style your dress with (or regular closed-toe booties), however knee-high boots would work, too; D} add a pop of color, it is Spring after all! How fabulous is my pop of color too! I chose a bright yellow mustard hat (it is recent by Target!!), which paired nicely against the darker colors of the floral print of this lovely Banana Republic Dress. But the hat brings out the yellow leaves of the dress, too. And let's talk a bit about my tights. I have had them for years, they are by Express. They are green+black fishnets and matched the colors of the dress, wonderfully. The day I happened to wear this outfit was also the warmest day of 2021 so far and it totally felt like Spring. The high was 53 degrees. Those sunglasses were needed. They too matched the dress well because they are in a gradient color from sky blue to light green to yellow; love their hexagon shape. What are some ways you are transitioning your style into Spring?! How about a dress?!

Mireille is showing not one but two dresses to transition into Spring and I am loving the bold colors of this outfit. I am always a huge fan of pairing cobalt blue with mustard yellow. And those snakeskin booties were perfect for this look. You can sort of see the change of weather between Mireille and I as she lives much more south than me. It is not quite time to do dresses with bare legs, here in Michigan. Maybe in late April or May. Another reason why I love this outfit besides colorblocking these two gorgeous, bright colors, is because like me Mireille chose a pop of mustard. Her jacket is just fabulous!

Mireille's second outfit features a brown patterned dress with a hi-lo hem. It looks very monochromatic with her taupe ruched suede boots. In her post, Mireille sort of did a remix and showed you two ways to style colored denim jackets. You can sheck out Mireille's post here.



THE  SUNDAY  SHOWCASE  FEATURE.
My favorite post from February's Sunday Showcase is one of the posts that RENA from Fine, Whatever linked with us. Maybe I subconsciously chose this look because I also think this is a great way to transition a dress into Spring. With that aside, I love Rena's dress with the beautiful yellow+green floral print and how she added volume on top of volume with that unique vest. It looks great and the shape repeats the big ruffle on the bottom of her dress. While Rena slightly mixed prints too, by pairing this with her snakeskin booties, I love that this outfit is totally monochromatic without being boring at all. So chic, luxe and put-together!

SHOP  MY  LOOK,  HERE.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Ada,

    Oh what a lovely surprise to see that my post was your favorite from last month's link-up. As I read through your post, my heading was nodding in agreement to each of your points about how a dress is the perfect winter-to-spring transition piece. Your floral print is a fabulous example and you look so wonderfully cheerful in your photos.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing. I hope you have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada, I really adore this fun flirty dress on you! The print is so pretty and those tights are totally awesome! You look so great in hats, too. I love that you chose a yellow as a pop of color with this outfit. Gorgeous, my friend.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this floral dress! You accessorized this look perfectly. Thanks so much for the link up.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit and floral pattern on you!!! Well done ladies. I am also all about transitioning a simple dress into spring over on my blog too, great minds think alike. I think the added hat was just brilliant, it really brightens up your face. You did a fantastic job styling this outfit and I would totally wear this.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both chose great transitional looks! Ada, I love the dark floral dress with long sleeves and tights to bridge the seasons. The bright yellow and blue color block outfit is perfect for the season on Murielle, too. Hope you both have a great week, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Ada! Love the print on your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is darling! I love your printed dress and yellow hat!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts