The Sunday Showcase February 2021: Red and Pink Outerwear for Valentine's.

For this first Sunday of February, my friend and co-host MIREILLE of Chez Mireille decided to showcase Red and Pink for Valentine's and we are focusing on outerwear because it is Winter after all and it has been a frigid last couple of weeks here in Michigan, as you can tell through some of these photos, too. What I also noticed with my two main outfits today - and I just saw that now when I added the photos to my post - is that I remixed my black skinny jeans, my cheetah suede booties and my herringbone newsboy cap with both of these outfits. I love how both of these outfits turned out. Let's take a closer look at each, below.

PINK  FOR  VALENTINE'S.
For a pop of pink in honor of this month and Valentine's Day, I decided to finally wear and showcase my Hot Pink/Fuchsia V-Neck Sweater that I purchased back in December from Target - it is such a great sweater, comes in many colors and it is currently on clearance. It looked so good color-blocked against another bright color - mustard. I have had this mustard-colored bright coat from bebe for over a decade. It is a classic wool coat that's also trendy. I kept the rest of the outfit simple and monochromatic with my black skinny jeans, my blush pink backpack and those blush+black cheetah booties that tie in the jeans and the bag. There is a slight pattern-mixing between the cheetah booties and the herringbone newsboy cap. I added some classic silver hoops and two white gold+diamonds pave necklaces, plus a frosty blush pink lipstick and it turned out to be a cute outfit for a movies+carryout night.

Mireille's pink piece is also a sweater, but hers is in a light millennial pink color, slightly-striped at the sleeves and it matches the camo+hoodie jacket that she is carrying. Mireille looks so cozy and cool with that bicycle of hers and I am jealous of her weather. It is definitely not bicycle-weather here. It is 8 degrees today, for example.


This outfit was worn in one of our rare Mother-Daughter dates we have had during this cold season. We are bundled up as you can see. In this outfit I mixed and matched girly, candy colors: blush pink, red, orange, beige, maroon and lavender. Most of these are great colors to wear for Valentine's Day. I love the easiness and coziness of this redish-orange light puffer jacket and the beautiful color of this soft chenile beanie with the fluffy big pom pom. Sweet Vivi wore her midnight navy, starry light puffer coat with a cozy knitted scarf - love those big pink pom poms, they match my sweet beanie.


RED  FOR  VALENTINE'S.
Everyone that knows me, knows that I love red, I don't need a "reason" to wear it. In this outfit I wore red over red by pairing this light red puffer coat by Old Navy with a Red+Black Buffalo Plaid Button-Down Flannel Shirt also by Old Navy. This is mostly a red+black outfit (love pairing reds with blacks, always) since the bottom of my outfit is black. But I did a slight pattern-mixing here too, when actually I mixed three patterns: cheetah, plaid and herringbone. I decided to showcase my eyes with a couple of layers of mascara and some black eyeliner and kept my lips light with a peach gloss. Lastly, I added some long beaded earrings for a little bling. Both of these outfits show you that just because it is wintery and dreary, it doesn't mean you cannot wear bright colors. What do you think of these looks?! I think they are simple everday Outerwear Winter outfits that keep me warm and put-together. Do you wear reds and pinks for Valentine's month or are they too cliche for you?! Also, if you had to choose one: are you TEAM PINK or TEAM RED?!

I am a fan of red and tan, it looks so good together and Mireille proved it in her tiered red dress paired with matching booties and a moto jacket. Love the beige-taupe(ish) color of her jacket. I am ready for some Spring and to wear bare legs with dresses again. SIGH! Our weathers are so different. Check out Mireille's Looks in detail, in her post today.

Winter is such a dreary season, it is usually the season we wear the most black or other dark colors. But don't let Winter kill your bright spirit. A great way to add a pop of color to your Winter outfits is through your Winter accessories. Wear a pair of bright gloves, hat, scarf or beanie, like I did here with my red plaid oversized scarf and matching red beanie. These accessories are perfect to add some color to your winter dondrums and since they are red, they are perfect to wear during this month of love. Speaking of love, isn't my sequined-embellished "Love" Beanie so cute?! I have had it for a few years, it is by Aeropostale. The scarf I have had forever too, it is from Albania back when I lived there 6 years ago.



THE  SUNDAY  SHOWCASE  FEATURE.
My favorite post from the last Sunday Showcase linkup is one of the outfits that my friend SHELBEE from Shelbee on the Edge posted. Shelbee is Welcoming the New Year in Shades of Blue and what stunning electric blue it is. All her beautiful blue layers look so striking against that wintery white background. The shade of blue Shelbee is wearing is my favorite! The chiffon see-through maxi skirt is a beautiful piece for every season. As you all know also, I love hats too and her beret is adorable. Last but not least, love her beautiful faux fur stole that matches the wood in the beautiful nature behind her. Well done Shelbee!!


SHOP  MY  LOOKS,  HERE.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter








Comments

  1. That bright pink knit is so fun and I like the red layered outfit!

    thanks for the link up!

    Hope you've had a nice weekend :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is really neat to see the contrast in what we wear for the weather right now! You are in full blown cold snap while here we wish for at least a couple inches of snow. Love all the red, definitely team read here. That puffer jacket is so cozy and looks so great paired with the black. Also loving your makeup in both of these pictures!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pink sweater.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ada,

    Your bright and bold choices for showcasing red and pink were excellent choices.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Team pink for me but I love red too! That Target sweater is so good, I love the vibrant pink!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ada, I really enjoyed all of your fun and festive Valentine's outfits! The bright pink and mustard combination is so fun! Thank you so much for the feature! That was a lovely surprise!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts