The Sunday Showcase January 2020: Styling Red Turtleneck Sweaters (2 different ways).

Happy January and Happy New Year 2021 to everyone. I hope this new year is good to us -- filled with joys of the heart, people that make us happy, things and trips that enrichen us, and above all a year filled with good health, love and kindness and the end of the pandemic, of course. Don't we all want and need that?! I am kicking off the very first post of this new year with 4 cute outfits (between me and Vivian) and a sweet collaboration for our January 2020 Sunday Showcase with my friend MIREILLE of Chez Mireille Fashion Travel Mom

Today we are styling Red Turtleneck Sweaters (both mine and Mireille's sweaters are from Target). As a matter of fact, this lovely sweater Mireille has on, with the silver metallic thread through it is a gift from me - Mireille picked it out with a Target gift card I sent her for Christmas. (Mireille also hand-picked some cute things and gifted them to me. We totally surprised each-other.) Mireille chose such a pretty sweater, love the texture of the knitted pattern and the shine the metallic thread creates. My sweater is more plain, just a bright red cozy and super soft red turtleneck sweater. This new Target sweater (I got it on Sale of course) replaced an older red turtleneck sweater. I have had this sweater for less than a month and have already worn it at least 4-5 times, though these two were the only photographs I took of me wearing it. I wore it last night too, as we had guests visit our home for the holidays. However the star of this post is Vivian and her gorgeous Cableknit Red Turtleneck Sweater by Carter's. Hers is a poncho style with elbow-length sleeves. Today Vivian and I are styling our sweaters two festive ways, just 2 of the ways we have worn these red pieces for the Holiday Season.

MOMMY  AND  ME  IN  RED  TURTLENECK  SWEATERS,  STYLED CASUALLY.
I recently wore this red turtleneck sweater casually on a date, dining in a semi-outdoor patio with yummy Italian food and Italian-style margaritas. For this casual look I paired my sweater with black+white plaid pants by Who What Wear (I have had them for a couple of years) and this lovely oversized plaid scarf in Christmas colors, by Gap (from last year). I added my new black+white fair aisle beanie by Old Navy and comfortable, black suede boots by American Eagle. The result was a festive December outfit which was warm for an outdoor date and walking in the snow - with my black puffer jacket on top, of course. Vivian's casual look featuring red red cableknit turtleneck sweater is also casual yet trendy. She wore hers over a red festive tee printed with gold stars, pumpkin spice leggings printed with gold unicorns and a red patterned scrunchie bow by Old Navy. Her red-outfitted Christmas lama I purchased for her after Christmas at Kohl's for $2.65 and she loves it and ha been sleeping with it ever since. Viv looks so cute in these photos! I love the way she looks at the lights on the Christmas Tree.
You can never go wrong pairing red with black or with leopard for that matter. Love this casual yet semi-dressy look Mireille put together. Her leopard wedge sneaker booties, her snow leopard earrings and her camouflage crossbody bag are all adorable and I love all the pattern mixing between the accessories. Love the location of photos for Mirei's outfit too and her cute mask. =)

SHOP  OUR  CASUAL  OUTFITS,  BELOW:


MOMMY  AND  ME  IN  RED  TURTLENECK  SWEATERS,  DRESSED  UP.
These outfits were shot the day after Christmas when we did part two of our Christmas celebrations at my cousin's house. Don't you love her gorgeous, bright-colored, girly Christmas tree filled with flowers and butterflies?! Vivian and I styled our red turtleneck sweaters with skirts. Hers is paired with a corduroy little leopard skirt paired over black+leopard leggings and a royal blue tee peeking in from underneath her sweater. And I just love Viv's fabulous festive JoJo Siwa red bow with all the studs and the crystal-decked green Christmas tree. I paired my sweater with this darling black+white tweed mini skirt with pockets (by Loft) which I cannot stop wearing lately. Both this skirt and this sweater have been my two most-worn pieces in December, they are both perfect to create festive looks. I styled the skirt with diamond-print tights and these fun strappy Steve Madden pointy flats. What you might have a hard time seeing is that Vivian and I styled our turtlenecks with fun little gold+bronze crystal-encrusted brooches. I love how our dressy outfits came together. Do you like how Vivian and I styled our red turtlenecks today?!
The location of Mireille's Photos for this post is so so good! I love nature, architecture, cities and down-towns, so much!

SHOP  OUR  DRESSY  OUTFITS,  BELOW:



THE  SUNDAY  SHOWCASE  FEATURE.
My Favorite post from the last Sunday Showcase Linkup was by PENNY from Frugal Fashion Shopper, who is 74 years young and super stylish to boot! Looking stylish and warm in her long animal-print fur coat with tall boots, cozy gloves and a fair isle beanie - like I am wearing in today's post too - British Penny wrote about her Lockdown Diaries about how she spent December, what she did and what she cooked for Christmas, etc. Her blog is a new read to me but I am glad that she linked with Mireille and I, today. =)



NOW JOIN OUR FIRST LINKUP OF 2021. HAVE FUN, BLOG-HOP AROUND AND YOU MAY BE FEATURED IN MY BLOG OR MIREILLE'S NEXT MONTH FOR THE FEBRUARY SUNDAY SHOWCASE. =)




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. I am glad we will be doing some more red for our February showcase! Such a great color on us lol! Love both of these outfits! Each is really cute and festive and happy! Vivian as usual is adorable! I always love it when kids wear clothes and my reaction is " hum I would wear that if it came in adult size!". So glad I took these pics at the aquarium! Might have to plan a fun place for next month's pics!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red is MY COLOR Mireille. You look great in it, too! I am definitely happy we are styling red this month and for the upcoming month. I plan on doing an entire moth of red, pink and cream that month of Feburary 2021. =) This was a fun one!

      Delete
  2. I love a red sweater and all three of you look great in the ones you've chosen! My vee-neck red sweater from Target got a lot of wear from me, too! Lol! Of course, Vivien's red poncho is beyond adorable! Such a little fashionista! My very best wishes for a joyful new year, Ada.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute and cosy red knit! I like the skirt with it :)

    Thank you for the link up :)

    Happy new year! Hope that your 2021 has started well :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore how you and Vivian styled your red turtlenecks. It's so beautiful and the color red is my favorite - so I am a big fan! Happy New Year Ada and I hope your weekend is going well so far.

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red is such a great color on all of you! I love Vivian's adorable red poncho style sweater. And you look lovely in your red turtleneck outfits! I really like the mix of plaid pants with your plaid scarf, too! So fun!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color. You look adorable.
    Happy new year
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three of you nailed the red turtleneck outfit!!!! Festive is right! You are now making me miss the red cable knit sweater I had at one time. I love that you showed multiple ways to style the sweater for the occasion. You and V. both look darling in your skirts, I just love how she is up to doing little mini shoots with her still.

    Also, an outdoor date on a patio sounds so nice. I am glad the weather is permitting you to go out and yet feel safe. Although, the few times we have gone out, I've felt very safe. Have a great first full week of 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both look amazing in red. Hope you have an amazing week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year! Beautiful outfits and items selection xoxo Cris

    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=11437

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts