Thursday Moda #241: New Year's Eve Looks 2020.

Happy last day of 2020! We made it through a year that brought so much... awareness, grief, tears, sadness, humility, anger, misery, hate, understanding, disease, death, love, life... Yes, this year brought it all and so much more. A snakey pandemic with two names (Corona or Covid-19) hit the entire globe and it turned everything upside down. Suddenly hugs, handshakes, kisses on the cheeks and touch became a thing of the past. They were substituted by elbow-to-elbow greetings, foot-shakes, zoom calls and virtual hugs+kisses. Suddenly sneezing or coughing in public was not greeted with "Bless You" but with angry stares, heads turning and eyes rolling. Suddenly we lived a different human life - one we had only seen prior in movies and TV shows. Ah 2020 was so much! But it taught us a lot as well. However, today is the day to say Goodbye to 2020 in smiles and sparkles and I am joined - to do just that - by my friend BO from Bo's Bodacious Blog. Today we style New Year's Rocking Eve Looks. Hers is more casual in her grey sweatshirt dress paired with gold ballet flats. I am however ending this year in a dressy yet not too fancy outfit featuring sparkles and textures with lots of shades of blue and navy, statement jewelry and a little leopard on the feet, too.

TEXTURE,  TEXTURE,  TEXTURE!
For my 2020 New Year's Eve Look I decided to go for a lot of texture: velvet (top), skirt (tweed covered in sparkly sequins), crystals and chains (all the jewelry), calfskin hair (my gorgeous leopard flats) and of course a bright coral lipstick to top it off. I love how this navy sparkly tweed skirt paired with the velvet V-neck floral top - both pieces are by Loft from last year's holiday collection. This skirt is darling with subtle sequins over it. It is delicate however, I made sure I put on all the jewelry after wearing this outfit. Speaking of the jewelry, a statement necklace is always a good idea for New Year's Eve. This one is in mint, silver and lime green with crystals and it was a steal from Wal Mart (from a few years ago). I paired it with the pearl+pave double-sided bobble stud earrings (also old by The Limited) and a couple of gold-tone and crystal pave bracelets, love how the chain link bracelet perfectly paired with the bow bangle. They are from two different brands but mixed+matched very well. Last, I opted for these new calfskin-hair leopard ballet flats by Sam Edelman which replaced my previous gorgeous calfskin leopard ballet flats (they were by White House Black Market and I wore them a lot, they had a great run!).

I love how both Bojana and I posed by our Christmas Trees for these shots. The lights and joy that the Christmas tree brings is a great way to wrap up 2020 and to ring in a new year. Plus her main Christmas Tree this year is gold, just like my main Christmas Tree. Our tree toppers are almost identical too - beautiful white angels. Love Bo's easy grey sweater-dress. Make sure you stop by Bo's Blog Post today to see her outfit in detail and her thoughts on 2020.

SPARKLE,  SPARKLE,  SPARKLE!
Just because most if not all of us in USA (and in a lot of other countries, too) will be celebrating this NY Eve inside, at the comfort of our homes with yummy home-cooked meals (and some champagne of course) there is no need not to sparkle! On the contrary, you should! Tonight I plan on putting on some sparkle when I dress up for New Year's Eve at home. For this look I piled on the jewelry by layering a statement necklace with the dainty white gold necklace with the pave diamond infinity charm. I also layered the gold+crystal pave bracelets, a few precious stone rings and those double-sided studs which are a small pearl on the front and a big sparkly pave globe on the back. This is the time to shine and sparkle as we say goodbye to a year that was pretty sad and who tested our patience, our emotions, our feelings, our thoughts and our hormones to the core! This is the time to shine and sparkle as we say hello to a new year with new pages to fill, memories to create, things to do, lots of perspective - which was my word for 2020 - and above all hope for the end of this pandemic, to find a cure, to see the end of the tunnel and to finally rejoice in some good health! Amen to that!!




Since I skipped my favorites last week because it was Christmas Day, today I am featuring 8 ladies from my last two Thursday Moda linkups -  2 weeks ago and last week. So many beautiful holiday looks where the festive colors of red+burgundy dominate of course, plus some green and some mustard too. I love the ladies footwear of choice too, some of which are dressy. A couple of ladies even wore almost identical red plaid pants styled very similarly - both super elegant! Let's take a look below.

This New Year's week of Thursday Moda, my featured blogger is DI from Di-Alog (I wish I was Back in Style) and she is no stranger to this feature as this is the third time I have featured her as the special "Blogger of the Week" Feature. First, Di linked up a post featuring Denim Western Style where I was particularly drawn to this outfit paring dark straight-leg denim with a fuchsia plaid button-down and silver accessories including a snakeskin belt+booties (same boots I own). Then, last week she linked her outfits for Christmas Week and they were all beautiful! I am in love with this sharp, elegant, super-sophisticated bright red A-line dress and how she styled it. The gold nautical buttons add to the richness of the dress and she paired it beautifully with dark leopard pumps and a matching belt. One can never go wrong with red and leopard! The little brooch is darling too! I love that Di chose animal-print shoes with both looks. And what I also love - and always appreciate - is that little table stand she poses by because the flowers, pots and decor she puts always mixes well with whatever outfit she is styling. The hot pink flowers in the striped pink box match the fuchsia plaid shirt, while that little bow ribbon on the other pot elegantly matches the little red dress.

Carrie is back to blogging and that makes me so happy. She is the first lady to wear 'Red Plaid Pants' today looking sophisticated in her red, black, white and leopard outfit.
In a tiered hunter green dress with classic black pumps, Leelo is ready to ring in a new year. She wore a 'Green Dress for Christmas' which will stylishly take her into 2021, as well.
I love a good mommy+me style post and Maureen with her adorable son did just that. 'Blue and Yellow' for the win for this stylish mother-son duo. I adore that rainbow-striped tee, also.
My Southern friend Jess always looks gorgeous in rich colors and jewel shades. Her 'Red Floral Midi Dress with Velvet Booties' is stunning for this time of year. I love the mix of flower prints and doing head-to-toe red.
'How to Dress Up for Christmas at Home'? If you are like Nora - who designs a lot of her own pieces - you stay cozy yet super sophisticated with gorgeous jackets, faux fur and stunning dressy shoes!
My friend Darlene styled her own red plaid skinny pants with the most stunning chiffon-sleeve black blouse. All of the outfits she featured with these pants are 'Quintessential Christmas' - and in my opinion - so are those stunning leopard pumps!
Last but not least, Ashley shines in a 'Christmas Sweater and Gold-Toe Pumps'. I would describe hers as the most perfect casual but put-together, festive and chic New Year's Eve Look!

AND THAT'S A WRAP LADIES. WILL SEE YOU ALL IN 2021! 






Wishing you all a beautiful, blessed, healthy and happy New Year 2021! Let's leave behind a year that was tough and sad on so many levels, as we cheer and pray with hope for a new year of new beginnings and lots of joy! And thank you for joining the linkup, today. HAPPY 2021!!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Happy new year, Ada!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love that sequin skirt, Ada!! The whole outfit is perfect for NYE and aren't we ready for some bling?!! Lol! Thanks so much for the sweet feature!! A lovely end-of-the-year surprise, especially with all those awesome looks the other ladies are styling!! I wish you a wonderful new year as we all hope for a much better year ahead. Thanks, my friend.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt and it even has pockets! All the texture love! Happy New Year! Probably will be in my pjs by 5 but plan to dress in a fun outfit tomorrow to celebrate the new year.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Ada! Love this sparkly skirt and how you styled it.

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy NYE! I hope 2021 brings lots of smiles and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all of your sparkles, my friend! Wishing you a very healthy and happy new year!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit! Happy new year, gorgeous!

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving both of your festive NYE outfits here! Sparkles are always a great idea for a celebration. =)

    I hope that 2021 is treating you well so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com
    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the prints and your necklace! Thank you for hosting this link up!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for featuring my look Ada! Love this festive outfit on you. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the print and texture of your outfit. If I haven't said it yet Ada, you are a pattern mixing queen. I adore how you effortlessly make an outfit so chic. I hope you and your family had a great NYE and thank you so much for the feature. I am truly honored and appreciate the love!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts