Thursday Moda #240: Some Bliss - Poetry.

Happy Winter (officially)! We are already past Winter Soltice. Even though at times 2020 seemed like a long year -- it's almost over! Though it will be an unusual, tough, slightly sad Christmas for most of us, not seeing a lot of family members or extended family. But today on the 23rd of December, I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas Eve Eve! I have a lot to do still, since none of Vivian's presents are wrapped - I always do them at night on Christmas Eve after she goes asleep - we exchange presents on Christmas and only open the Christmas stockings on the 24th. I will relax a little bit tomorrow and take it easy overall, but I thought I'd share with you a poem I just wrote - it's a mini reflection about this year, viewed from this December as we are about to enter Christmas. And at the end it is all about perspective - which happened to be my word for 2020.



Some Bliss... (Poetry)
[December 23rd 2020, 9.30 P.M.]

Ah this Winter is playing a game
trying to keep people sane,
as the days are short and the nights are long,
cardinals fly around as they sing a song...

I have a hard time waking up and leaving my bed,
I need a strong coffee this morning, caffeine for my head,
outside is still dark I cannot tell,
is it still night or a new morning's dawn?!

I make breakfast as I drink my coffee,
looking at the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree,
as warm chocolate chip cookies bake,
and my daughter draws in color Santa's sleigh...

And I envision this year in all of its glory and pain,
all the sadness it brought, many losses and a little gain,
it was a tough year, that we will always remember,
with a snake of a pandemic, crazy politics and gritty anger...

A year like no other that tested us to infinity,
a year that brought so many tears but also a lot of bravery,
it tested our nerves, our emotions, our hormones, our brains,
it caused us depression, financial loss and a mountain of pain...

We lost touch literally and physically
of people we used to see weekly, daily,
and as new babies were born, so was hope,
a blue light like the sky suddenly lit up...

And here we are on this Christmas Eve Eve,
some presents under the tree wrapped with care,
...closer than ever to people we love the most,
closer than ever to understanding what we could have lost...

Closer to God than ever before,
trusting his hand as he understands it all,
and one day this will all be a bad dream
or perhaps the year we truly learned to live!?

And a smile brightens up my face,
this year God looked at me with His Grace...
We might not make sense of any of this,
but if you believe, at the end we will find some bliss..


Meanwhile, I will leave the linkup for you to join (if you like) at the bottom of this post.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Ada, beautiful words to recap this crazy years. I hope you and Vivian have a wonderful Christmas!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your lovely poem, Ada.
    Wishing you and Vivian a very happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely peom

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts