Thursday Moda #236: Thrifted Style in a Skirt.

Good morning and Happy Thursday. Today I am co-hosting Thursday Moda with an old blogger friend of mine, KRISTIN from Countdown to Friday, who I have been friends with going on 5 years now and she has co-hosted with me before and partaken in other style collaborations, with me. Kristin doesn't post much on her blog anymore but you can find her blogging and posting on her Instagram very often and she includes these phenomenal thrift hauls on her Instagram stories. Pretty Kristin challenged herself to style and wear skirts and dresses only, all this week (all 7 days). Skirts and dresses are something we put on the back of our closets most of the cold months, from November till March at least, but anyone that knows me, knows that I love skirts and dresses. So I asked her to be my co-host today and she kindly accepted. Today, on both of our blogs, we bring you a Thrifted Style in a Skirt. Our outfits both feature skirts and at least one thrifted piece. Kristin's darling outfit above (cable-knit cream sweater and leopard midi dress, paired with white sneakers) is pretty much entirely thrifted. While my thrifted piece is this wool, rose-print vintage Eddie Bauer sweater that I purchased second-hand from Kristin's Poshmark account.

THRIFTED  STYLE  IN  A  SKIRT.
First of all, I am sorry if my home says Christmas on the inside and Thanksgiving/Fall on the outside. I decorated way too early for Christmas this year (because why not?!) but always do the outside last and will leave it at least until this weekend. Cannot believe Thanksgiving and then Christmas are almost here though. As far as thrifting goes, I almost never thrift. I have gone twice at a Goodwill by me this year and both times there was nothing there that I wanted or worth purchasing. Over the last year I have gotten things from Poshmark 4 times though, twice from Kristin and the other 2 times from 2 other buyers. I must say for 85% of the stuff I have purchased through Poshmark, I have been very happy with what I got, the quality of the items too, some look brand-new!

These photos were taken yesterday and I styled this outfit for today's post alone. I bring you my Thrifted Style in a Skirt. My skirt is not thrifted - purchased two years ago from Loft during one of their sales - but the sweater I paired it with is thrifted, it is 30 years old to be exact and a size Large (though it fits like a small size but oversized style) and it is from Eddie Bauer. I thought the mauve and burgundy colors of the rose pattern of the sweater matched the oxblood/dark burgundy shade of this darling faux leather mini skirt perfectly. I also matched the woven rose pattern of the sweater to the rose pattern of those darling new black tights by Target. Looking at these photos though I am not happy at all how this outfit photographed only for 2 silly reasons and I should have been more careful: I should have made sure my sweater laid properly and didn't bunch creating unnecessary lumps and also I should have sprayed hair spray under my skirt since it created static with the tights. With that said, this is a cute outfit and I plan on wearing it exactly like this, once, during the Holiday season. As a matter of fact, I think my outfit today would make a great look if I was invited to a small Thanksgiving dinner. It is dressy but without being too much and those American Eagle suede booties I paired it with are so stylish, elegant and totally comfortable.What do you think?! What would you change in this outfit?! Also, do you thrift clothes at all?! 


I am glad I "made" Kristin blog again today as she joins me into co-hosting Thursday Moda a week before Thanksgiving. I have always loved her style through the years, between Europe and USA, and from the different states she has lived in, here in America. Her travels are so fun too and filled with adventures and gorgeous photos. On the collage below you will see the other two outfits she wore so far this week for her skirts+dresses style week - most of which are thrifted pieces. Both worn with stylish gorgeous, classic, tall suede boots and a pretty mug on her hand. Speaking of mugs - Kristin finds the best mugs while thrifting too, a lot of them from Anthropologie. In the middle of the collage is a floral maxi dress that Kristin shared on her blog this Spring, which coincidentally Kristin styled (this floral dress) on her Instagram today, on Thursday, for a cute Fall look. Stop by to check out her post today, also.

Thursday Moda Co-Host: KRISTIN from Countdown to Friday
From Kristin's Mouth:
"Hi, my name is Kristin and I'm passionate about secondhand style and thrift finds. What I love about thrift shopping is that you can find vintage, on-trend, high-quality, and unique pieces at an affordable price point. And there's always the thrill of the hunt! When I'm not thrifting for myself I resell some of my finds on Poshmark. Follow me on Instagram to see my thrift hauls in stories and secondhand style in my feed."



Thank you to everyone who linked up with me last week and for complimenting me on my combat boots+sweater dress combination though I didn't feel quite confident wearing it - I appreciate it. This week, the favorites I picked have things in common I love like red - my favorite color - plaid blanket scarves or ponchos, neutral booties and a splash of yellow. Beautiful blazers or blazer vests in the mix too. Let's take a closer look, together. =)

This week's Featured Blogger is NORA from Jacket Society and her website is not only her personal blog but it is also her designing website from where she sells the clothes she designs. I love the unique name of Nora's website/page because the first thing Nora started designing is jackets, and then that progressed to vests, tops, blouses, gorgeous jewelry and lately this year even comfortable, stylish and well-made lounge-wear we all are wearing the most of these days. I have purchased from Nora's website 3-4 times before - for myself and for my mom - and I have been so happy with everything and all the amazing quality. She always includes a note with her boxes too and is kind to give a discount code, always. (Currently eyeing some things too.) Nora linked two posts which featured a few beautiful outfits, almost head to toe in her pieces, except the two pairs of stunning short scrunchie suede boots I am loving so much! In the first post, we saw Nora styling her 'Cape Vests' and this colorblocked plaid one in all the lovely Fall hues is stunning - I want to treat myself to that plaid poncho/cape. In that post, Nora showed the newest teal cape vest from her collection too. I own the exact cape vest as the teal one in a beautiful camel color. While in her second post she shows us 'How to Wear a Dressy Jacket with Jeans' in that stunning boucle tweed collarless jacket she designed herself. Totally effortless style done right! Nora is always a very well-dressed, classic lady!

'The Waffle Tunice, the Perfect Fall Staple' looks great paired with an oversized plaid blanket scarf. Carrie looks leisurely lovely in those distressed jeans, too.
Always a class act, Di styled three outfits in 'Red with Black and White'. My closet has always acquired a classic, bold red blazer like hers. Looks great with a flouncy knee-length skirt too, and I love the length of the blazer.
Cutie pie Grace titled her post 'Composition of My Closet' and for a 20-year old I am amazed at some of the pieces she owns. Bringing the 70s back with those printed loose trousers in bold colors, Grace has style for days and years to come!
Matching the pretty striped red bow on her present box to the origami red bow of her darling red pencil skirt, Shauna is asking 'Dear Santa' for some very stylish Christmas presents this year!
Moumous is always very fancy and sophisticated! Killing it in a stunning bright yellow chiffon maxi skirt with a vested blazer belted over it, she shared '12 Tips to Look Classy on a Budget'.
Awaiting Christmas it looks like, Kate styled a buffalo red plaid sweater off-the-shoulder, paired with faux leather leggings and classic black patent leather pumps. She had 'Lots to Celebrate' in her life recently, go read her post.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Comments

  1. Poshmark is a good place to find things, I have really been pleased with the things I bought too. They are like new! I do love to thrift but haven't in ages. The color of your skirt is so pretty for fall and beyond! Thanks for the link up!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting used and consigned pieces when I have. I've not order from Poshmark but I know several people do. I am usually more of a watch for sales girl then thrifted, for no other reason than we don't have a lot of thrifted stores nearby. I do however get a LOT of my things as hand-me-downs from my sister and that's pretty sweet and free. LOL. Your outfit is adorable and I love the purple hue, a fun color for sure!

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over this skirt- what an AMAZING find!! The color too is soo perfect- loving it so much and also the way you styled it up:) And- Of Course I thrift!! Treasures always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collaborative post, Ada! You and Kristen both put together great outfits including something pre-loved. I enjoyed an occasional browse through a thrift shop pre-Covid, (I only have one nearby, also). You never know what gem you might find from a second hand source! I think many people are in various stages of holiday decorating right now. To help lift our spirits, we are starting this weekend, but your home already looks very warm and festive! Also, thanks for including me in your favorites. As always, thanks for the link up and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fun, Ada! You know I love thrifted styles! I am currently working on my post for tomorrow which is featuring a new thrifted dress! I love the color of your skirt, those amazing tights, and the beautiful sweater. What a great preloved find in that sweater! We also decorated for Christmas this weekend. I am skipping Thanksgiving decorations altogether this year.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Ada, thank you so much for this feature and your wonderful write up about my company!! You look amazing in that purple skirt and how great those your sweater work with the skirt?! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your leather skirt! It's a perfect match for your sweater! This is such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leather seems to be so in lately and I love this violet/purple color and the patterned tights. I'll have to stop by and visit Kristen, I don't know her. And, THANK YOU for the feature. :)

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ada,
    I love the colors here. I find things on Posh.
    The sweater is romantic and I love the floral pattern!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be writing a post at some point about the things I thrifted with my mom. I don't do it much but I had so much fun with her, we probably will try to go again maybe in January. I have done ok on poshmark but rather see in person what I am buying if it is second hand
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ada, I LOVE that purple skirt! The floral sweater and cool stockings give it the perfect edge. It just works, my friend! You and Kristin make a great pair!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sweater is so beautiful.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours in your knit work so well with the skirt, what a nice combo! I hope you do get to wear this outfit in real life soon!

    Thanks for the link up :)

    Hope you are having a good week and have a nice weekend ahead of you :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice that you collected a few of my other looks! And so funny that the middle photo with the summer dress was what I used today with a sweater on top as my skirt/dress look for day 4! Such a great coincidence! Thank you for 'making' me blog again...it's always fun to co-host with you!
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the shoutout, Ada! Love your look!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a beautiful outfit Ada. I love everything about it and that skirt absolutely looks amazing! I haven't thrifted before either but I love hearing about gems to be found there. I hope you are well and happy Friday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that leather skirt! The color is so pretty! It looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was very helpful. We thank you for sharing this with us. Let us know if you have any new information for us in the future. Please share with us. Tell me what you think about my article. Visit Spacebar Counter: Best Clicker Game for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts