Thursday Moda #235: Combat Boots for Fall.

Happy Thursday. Today I am back with my friend Mireille and we are styling Combat Boots - the kind of boot I haven't worn since my teenage days, no joke. Originally I had purchased the black version of the same brown combat boots that Mireille is wearing but they didn't fit me right, my feet are thing and narrow so I have a hard time with shoes and boots sometimes. I am glad to have MIREILLE of Chez Mireille be my Thursday Moda co-host today. I always enjoy our collaborations together. We have had so much fun this year with our Sunday Showcase linkups for the past 4-5 months. As a matter of fact we are running a Sunday Showcase Linkup for the entire holiday season, starting from the Sunday after Thanksgiving Day all the way through the New Year on January 3rd. It will be filled with lots of fun holiday posts and not just style posts, stay tuned. =)

COMBAT  BOOTS  FOR  FALL.
My Combat Boots I ended up purchasing are these leather ones by American Eagle and I love them. This first time around since we are exactly in mid Fall, we decided to bring you two ways to style Combat Boots for Fall. And as soon as Mirei and I agreed on this collab, I already had an outfit in mind for these. Combat Boots are definitely a "Versatile Shoe" like Mirei called them. I wanted to style my pair with a fitted mini sweater dress, this bodycon burgundy sweater dress to be exact, is what I had in mind. This dress is an Amazon find and I am not quite happy with it, though it looked so cute online and it came highly recommended by one of the huge Instagram influencers I follow (I was badly influenced lol!) Honestly I don't know how so many big influencers do these Amazon style hauls because the few things I have purchased from Amazon - clothing wise - I haven't been happy with. First of all I don't know any of the brands plus the sizing is way, way off. For example, I am almost always (currently) a size 6 in a dress (sometimes a 4) and I usually size up to a Medium on a bodycon dress because they are entirely elastic and are made tight/look tiny when you see them or hold them, but when you wear them they are the perfect size on you, since they stretch up. This Amazon dress is a sweater dress however and I am usually a size Small in sweater dresses, I figured the M would be perfect since Amazon sellers run small. Well it is not. I felt self-conscious the entire time I was wearing this dress, especially since I was out and about with Vivian running errands and it was really warm in the 70s so legs were out. Needless to say this dress is too short on me (I am 5.7'' and have long legs, sometimes I size up for length or opt for something in Tall) and I wouldn't mind it fitting less tight. Plus wearing it with combat boots - my first time ever wearing them - and a matching deep red/burgundy lipstick, I was definitely standing out in this outfit, for sure. Like I said I didn't feel quite comfortable wearing it, though it's a cute dress overall, just not the cutest on me. I do think it will look much better with black opaque tights for the colder months though so I will style it like that next. 

Again, I love Amazon and have had a Prime account for at least a couple of years but I will stick to my cute, affordable and stylish finds to Target - my go to. I order from there too and do the store pick-ups, but in case something doesn't look right I can return it right away. It is a lot harder and less convenient to return something from Amazon. Ladies, I have a question for you, do you shop for clothes on Amazon?! If so, how often?! Don't get me wrong, I have found several cute accessories on Amazon and some adorable 100% cotton dresses and tops for Vivian but the rest of the things (women's clothing) have been a huge disappointment and I think the photos are so misleading and so is the sizing. However this outfit is still cute though the dress in my opinion doesn't fit entirely right! In the widget on the bottom of this post I have linked up my own AE Combat Boots - currently on sale and soooo good! - as well as Mirei's combat boots and some more options from Target. I have also linked up some gorgeous dark red/burgundy sweater dresses or bodycon dresses that are much more flattering as well as my own "After Hours" sunglasses from Quay Australia and other Quay sunnies I am loving.

Mirei looked so cute and bohemian in her combat boots. I love these adorable Target boots on her and the unique color between a taupe and a brown gives off a cool vintage feel and those chic country vibes. These boots paired so well with teal and the matching neutral hat. You all know I love my hats and Mirei always looks so cute in a hat!
I have never, ever seen our driveway filled with so many leaves. That's Fall at its best! We cleaned and removed (and constantly clean up) these leaves of course but I thought to shoot this OOTD with them on the ground to show you, but also because I think they looked pretty and different. After these photos, Vivian 'built' a Fall angel like she called them covering herself in the leaves and opening her arms to create an angel, like snow angels you create when there is snow on the ground. But of course my phone whose memory is entirely full started to act stupid then and I couldn't take a picture of Vivian on the ground surrounded by the leaves. =(


Thank you to all of you who linked up with me last week when I showed you my Thanksgiving Inspired Outfit. There were so many great Fall outfits linked up to get inspiration from. Loving those charming animal prints, the many shades of wine and those gorgeous tall and suede boots, like worn in the outfits below. I love that several of these featured posts had many beautiful looks featured on each post which means more style inspiration for everyone! Let's dig deeper!!

This week's featured blogger is GAIL from Is This Mutton? whose style and flair for fashion is definitely not mutton! Not with the post she linked up or with her wardrobe in general. Happy 60th Birthday to you Gail - this fashionista just turned 60 this week! And thank you for inspiring me with your '7 Day Skirt Challenge' that you did all last week. I had such a hard time selecting my favorite two looks out of the seven she featured in this post. Seven different skirts styled so creatively and very uniquely. Gail's style is filled with patterns, colors, bold creativity and whimsy. Look at both of those stunning pairs of burgundy boots, too?! I especially loved the pink+purple look with that fabulous thunder-light sweater!

'Wide Leg Leopard Print Trousers' styled for a winner! Not only do I love those trendy trousers that Emma wore, I love that she tucked in a fun black sweater with the leather panel on the sleeve that matches her black leather belt bag.
My friend Jennifer did Michigan style proud in her 'Cream Sweater and Burgundy Skirt' paired with black OTK boots and a black Fall fedora. Such a cute look I need to copy!
My other friend Chrissy showed off her 'Thankful Tees & Fall Boots' in appropriate shades of tan and taupe. Oh Chrissy how thankful I am for our friendship, going strong for close to 4 years now!
Fun Fact: This year I got to meet in real life both Chrissy and Jennifer who I just featured above! Isn't that fun?! The best thing about blogging is the friendships we create!
Another gal I would love to meet is the always-stunningly-stylish Lucy. She also did the 7 day skirt challenge with Gail. 'Who Wears Short Skirts?' I certainly do Lucy, and short dresses too - look at my outfit in today's post! LOL
Californian Cheryl linked two posts and the '7 Thanksgiving Outfit Ideas' post that I'm featuring had a leopard maxi skirt paired with red  - my two favorite colors (I consider leopard a neutral). I went to read the post and loved the zebra maxi dress she styled in such an urban way with those infamous black Gucci loafers and a matching moto jacket!
Lastly, shining in all black and lots of textures we have Shelbee styling 'Pearls' which she matched to her stunning pearly white heeled booties.









You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Comments

  1. What a cute knit dress :) It looks great with the boots! :)

    Thanks for the link up :)

    Hope that you are having a wonderful week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pair of combat boots are on my holiday wishlist. Love the color of your dress! The combat boots give this look a nice edge!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're rocking those boots Ada! :) And I love the shade of pink you have going on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really have only kept one dress from Amazon, the others have never fit me well even if they look cute on other influencers. Now I love my Daily Ritual grey jeans and I have gotten a number of sweaters that were nice. I usually try to get stuff that someone who is shaped similar to me has gotten so I have a better chance of it fitting well. The boots really are fun and edgy with dresses aren't they.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love shopping from amazon because I can get it shipped right to my door so quickly! And there is a kohls really close to us so returns are easy and fast if I need to, I can return items. I've found some great things but the reviews always help me decide if it's a good item or not. This dress is super cute on you and I love it with the combat boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this dress looks great on you, Ada! And I am loving your cute combat boots. I do like edgy boots with a sassy dress! I am wondering if you might be more comfortable in it with a long cardigan over top as well. I bet that would look really cute with black tights, combat boots, and a cardi that is longer than the dress!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love combat boots with dresses, looks great Ada!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that dress is super cute on you, Ada—you don't look uncomfortable at all! :)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Ada you look smashing in those combat boots and short dress!! Gorgeous!! And Thank you so much for featuring me along these other fabulous ladies- you're too kind!! I lso would love to meet you one day! I hope that after Covid someone can organize a fun Blogger get together- wouldn't that be awesome?? Wishing you a wonderful weekend xx Come linkup too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ada!
    I am a big fan of combat boots! I love the chunkiness of them, especially with dresses. I love the twist on you dress, you look great! I am wearing mine in next week's posts.
    have a great weekend!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rock this red dress! The boots are perfect with it. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the feature Ada! You look fab in the red dress and chunky boots - it's very glam and edgy at the same time. I've never bought clothes from Amazon - I just can't line the pockets of the world's richest man, I'd rather buy from smaller brands or second hand. Plus, I like to know what I'm getting in terms of quality and sizing. Even the high street brands can be hit and miss with sizing - I've ordered things from Mango that are either way too small or too big. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ada! I agree with you about Amazon. If I stick to their known brands, like Lou and Ro, I have more luck. But they are more of a pain to return things to! You look good in red, my friend, and the combat boots do work, but if you feel uncomfortable, it will still look cute with leggings or tights! You and Mireille are so cute!!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me at combat boots! If I had to choose which type of boot I would wear for the rest of my life, it would be a pair of combat boots. I love the edge that it offers and I love it's unique look. You wore yours very beautifully and that red sweater dress is so darn cute! The twist knot detail in the front is eye catching and adds to your entire look. I shop both Target and Amazon. I love both for different reasons but I agree with you that nothing beats the convenience of just being able to go to the store when need be. Happy Saturday Ada!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have flower combo boot and love them. You look amazing.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts