Thursday Moda #229: Sundays with Vivian, in Brighton Michigan.

Good late afternoon ladies. Posting my Thursday Moda really late today because unfortunately I am not one of those bloggers that plans most posts ahead. I am always busy. Now with Vivian occupying my Chromebook daily for her remote school (till they start back in person), it is almost impossible to get anything done with the computer till around 3.00 P.M. But I have got a two-fer post with you today. Not only is it a Mommy-Daughter Style Post, but I am incorporating a little bit of Michigan, as I do time after time when we visit one of the beautiful cities/towns around us. I just love down-towns! Today we were in Brighton, Michigan, on this warm and super-bright Sunday - the last weekend of Summer 2020, technically!

SUNDAYS  WITH  VIVIAN,  IN  BRIGHTON  MICHIGAN.
For as long as I have been a single mom to Vivian, for the last few years, Sundays - more so than any other day of the week - have been our mommy-daughter days. I even created a hashtag on Instagram: #sundayswithvivian if you follow me on Instagram where I post different content from here. Sunday is the one day of the week I have always been off for work and had the most time to spend entirely with Vivian and also a day where she never does any homework. Before the pandemic we would spend a few hours at our church too. Well, our last Sunday of Summer 2020 we spent in Beautiful Downtown Brighton, Michigan, complete with lots of walking as we were watching and feeding the swans, geese and ducks, Vivian playing in the very large children's play area they have right in the downtown, swinging together, a yummy late lunch/afternoon dinner and a European-style macchiatto for mama, at the end. I wore my new beautiful Miranda Blouse by Anthropologie - I was influenced by my dear friend KELLYANN from This Blonde's Shopping Bag to buy it, and I was able to snag it during a very rare 60% off sale that Anthro had. The Miranda Blouse is possibly the most famous blouse Anthropologie has ever made, it comes in 3-4 patterns and the one they have currently linked on the widget below, is similar to mine and just as stunning. They have 4 patterns of this blouse now and I love the "Novelty" one and the "Black+White" one so much. Bringing out the pinks and greys of the blouse, I wore a pair of Under Armour black/grey/hot pink workout leggings with my JustFab faux suede heather grey sneaker wedges. My black leather bag with the circle tortoise handle is by Abercrombie and I have linked many similar stunning bags, plus it matched my oval-shaped tortoise sunglasses, perfectly! 

Miss Vivian rocked her glen plaid pants again which she wore for her first day of school. This time around we paired them with the black collared "Alice in Wonderland" printed collared blouse by Victoria Beckham for Target, a classic black satiny bow - they came in a pack of 12 for around $15.00 on Amazon, her little unicorn novelty backpack and black Mary Jane sneakers paired with lacy socks. She is so darling!! My question to you today: have you ever been to Michigan?! What areas or cities have you visited?! If you have never visited Michigan, Fall is definitely a great time to do so, especially October! October - who starts this week - is the best month in Michigan. Our Fall is spectacular! 

The food was so so good and so was that adult drink. My salad topped with grilled shrimp in a light lime citrus dressing was delish - I love salads so much. And that was the best 4-cheese and mushroom pizza we have ever tried!! The place we ate at is called "Bourbons" and they make the best bourbons and of course they serve some delish bourbon cocktail. My cocktail however, was with moonshine! We chose to sit outside in their nice patio to enjoy the last sunny, beautiful, warm days here in Michigan.


Thank you everyone who joined my linkup last week and for all the kind words and good wishes on Vivian starting second grade. She appreciates them too. This week, I enjoyed beautiful floral bohemian dresses, chic, business-casual pants outfits perfect for Fall and a couple of bright girly-colored dresses that can go from Spring all the way into Fall.

Jill is indeed carrying 'The Best Handbag for Fall'!! I first saw this outfit of hers a few days on Instagram where I commented, I truly loved the look and how everything looks like it has a tint of blue, at first. The Teddy Blake bag is to die for but I also love Jill's dress.
I also loved Shelbee's outfit. I had to read the post right away and it gets you thinking because it is more than just about fashion. She talked about 'Faith over Fear' while rocking an office-chic look with the most beautiful oxblood patterned pants plus the plaid scarf, gorgeous kitten pumps and pearls totally make the look!
I am so sorry my dear friend Linda had to say 'Good Night a Labour of Fashion' - her successful Thursday linkup she has run for years, but I totally get it. Her post was a great read and I can relate to her entirely from the linkup thoughts to getting rid of excess and lots of clothing. Love her color-blocked pink dress too, the cutest!
Oh Amy I feel you, it is 'Long Sleeve Weather' here too. Your midi dress is darling, I love that the flowers are spaced out - they pop and of course that fun patterned headband!
Happy Birthday Leelo! In her 'Birthday Outfit' here she is in a pretty and timeless red dress that goes with everything. A girl after my own heart since I looooove red!
In a 'NEW Blanc NYC Blazer with Denim and Leopard Booties', Jess is her elegant, tailored self. Always put together from her leopard toes to that stunning emerald quilted bag!






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter





Comments

  1. I love your two-fer post, Ada! Beautiful photos, adorable Vivien, and that TOP! It's beautiful and looks amazing on you with your hair and skin tone! 💕

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this post; from the scenery, the fashion, the mother-daughter, the food- everything including the fact that I get you when you say you don't post ahead of time...like me!! Have a great weekend my sweet friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty blouse Ada, I love the colours! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a lovely day!! The colors of your blouse are so fun. And I hear ya' about being a last-minute blogger; I usually do posts the night before or the morning of! That's all I can manage! That does sound tough having to share your Chromebook.
    Anyway, hope your week is off to a great start!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun outing with Vivian! I love your gorgeous blouse! Thank you so much for the feature!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're creating wonderful memories for Vivian with your special Sundays. I've only ever been to Detroit in Michigan, it was a business trip so I didn't have chance for any sightseeing unfortunately. Thanks for sharing at #WowOnWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada, I somehow missed this post! Thanks so much for the feature! I love your bold and bright blouse and how fun to dedicate Sundays to spending with Vivian. She is rocking her cool outfit, too! Did her school not issue chrome books? I couldn't give up my laptop all day long so we opted for 2 school issued chrome books. It makes my life much easier, that's for sure. Thanks for linking with me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts