Thursday Moda #215: Cobalt Blue for Summer and New Hairdo.

I had every intention to post prior to today, have a style post go LIVE yesterday as well, but life is what happens when you have other plans. Unfortunately we were without power/electricity since 4.30 PM last night on Wednesday and it didn't come back on until 45 minutes ago (around 10.30 AM). Of course I had nothing ready, I am very much last-minute when it comes to the blog. And of course it happens on a day when I have a co-host for Thursday Moda but the lovely Mireille with whom I am co-hosting today was indeed very understanding. Today we are styling Cobalt Blue for Summer. Unplanned to us we sort of did a style swap as Mireille is wearing her cobalt on top while I am wearing cobalt bottoms, which pair so wonderful with black+white stripes both on her Summer Tote and her classic Adidas Sneakers. Also, hers is more of a casual look and mine is a little dressy - it would work for a business casual office, now that we are back to work!

COBALT  BLUE  FOR  SUMMER  AND  NEW  HAIRDO.
I styled my Cobalt Blue Ankle-Length Pants (they are by Liz Claiborne, I am wearing a size 4) with a Sleeveless Cream+Maroon Blouse by Target (a size Small), my very comfortable New Gold Leather Sandals also by Target, Golden Large Circle Stud Earrings by Old Navy (they match the sandals wonderfully) and a Navy Leather Crossbody Bag by Ann Taylor. The look was comfortable, chic, elegant and put-together. This was worn on the day I got a new hairdo too (almost 2 weeks ago). I had 6 inches cut with lots of layers, including face-framing layers, but most importantly I changed the color. I wanted to go for an overall Caramel Color with some darker and some blonde highlights but my original hair as you guys know is too dark, pretty much black. My hairdresser used a natural, organic bleach in order to work with the color and it took her 3 tries to lighten up my hair enough. We decided to go for a medium brown color with red and caramel undertones. I will go back again in a few weeks and get it at least 2 shades lighter - get that beautiful caramel shade I wanted, probably with a lot more highlights. But I still like it the way it is: a lot lighter both in color and in length+volume. There are no filter in the photos so you can better see my new hair color. It was a gorgeous day and the sun was shining, in some closeup photos the hair looks a little lighter due to the sun. What do you think of my new hairdo and color?








Thank you to everyone that joined my Thursday Moda last week. So many fun prints, as you can see from my favorites below. I guess you are all ready for Summer.

'This Color ,Though! Pantone's Orange Peel.' is beautiful and Di knows it. Love her shell-patterned cardigan and all the pops of orange coral she paired her black+white with.
Laura is totally on trend in her 'Tie Dye' maxi dress. Looks nice with her cognac leather pieces.
The lovely Grace did her 'May Monthly Round Up' and I loved, loved, loved her fitted leopard sheath, perfectly paired with strappy camel sandals and that designer-looking crossbody bag. She is the best-dressed 20 year old I know.
'Rules Are Made to Be Broken' for sure, especially when it comes to fashion. What makes something age-appropriate anyway? Amy's little cropped denim shorts are adorable with that beautiful, hot pink Mount Rushmore graphic tee.
It's heavenly 'Polka Dot Triple' fun for the stylish Gail. In love with those fun bell-bottom cropped pants and matching pumps. 


THURSDAY MODA CO-HOST: MIREILLE from Chez Mireille.

I am so glad that I have a Thursday Moda Co-Host once again. I am joined today by Mireille who is originally from France. She is a mom of four and always nails down casual style, while looking very put-together. In our collaboration post today you can see a couple more ways how she styled her casual-yet-dressy cobalt blue tank top, but I loved it with the joggers. Mireille recently styled many 'Skirts Outfits' too and I particularly loved the 3 outfits in the collage below. Mirei has a great collection of skirts and fun graphic tees. But I also love her amazing collection of statement earrings and how she wears them often to dress up her outfits - she did that with her casual cobalt blue outfit today, also.  I am a huge fan and lover of statement earrings and my fabulous co host definitely wears her with style! Last but not least I love following Mireille on her Instagram where she posts her everyday looks. Make sure you stop by her blog and welcome her. =)
From Mireille's Mouth:

"If you are new to my blog, I am a mom of 4 boys who grew up in France. I also lived a couple of years in Mexico City. I love to shop but also love to budget and save, so when I shop, I always try to make sure I can find many ways to wear a particular piece. My favorite blog posts to write are my travel posts (can't wait to travel again) and my fashion posts when I copy another blogger's look or share several ways to wear one item. Making sure your clothes are versatile expands your wardrobe! I thrift but I also buy new so I might buy something for $1 but also might buy something for $75 if I know I will get my cost per wear.
Today, I am sharing 3 different ways to wear my new royal blue tank: these looks could be easily replicated with any other colored tanks or tee. Here is my blog link:
Please make sure you follow my fabulous co-host today, too.


AND NOW IT IS TIME FOR A NEW THURSDAY MODA. I INVITE YOU ALL TO JOIN IT. =)

Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter






Comments

  1. What a fun post! I adore cobalt blue for the summer!! You know what else I style in Cobalt blue? My lashes! Yes my mascara is always cobalt blue for the summer- love it! How fun that you have a co-host- will go check out her blog:) Please come link up with me tomorrow for my Friday Link up party xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pants: I have colorful skirts and shorts but really not colorful pants: will have to remedy that soon! And thanks again for having me as your co-host!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new hair, and looks like your blog got a new look too! ;)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hair look amazing. My mother in law was worried about losing power yesterday.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. This collaboration is so fun! Mireille is absolutely lovely! And your matching cobalt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look so great in your cobalt blue outfits. And I am loving your hair! Also, really loving the new look of your blog! How fun! Headed over to visit Mireille now!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how much I love the hair! Beautiful my friend!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ada, I love the new haircolor! It has pretty red tones and so much shine! You and Mireille make such a great pair!

    xx Darlene
    www.aquamarinastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new hair color! The cobalt blue is also such a fun color for summer. Hope you're having a great day now that your power is back!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new haiir style and colour Ada! And you have a new blog design too! The cobalt blue trousers are fabulous!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely didn't notice the shout-out you gave me until you reached out to me on Instagram today. Thank you so, so much for the feature! It means so much to me!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks so nice Ada !
    I am actually considering on letting gray take its course. I have not colored in in 3 months! -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts