Thursday Moda 214: Currently, June 2020.

Happy June you all! June this year started on a Monday and June 1st is International Children's Day so those two things coinciding together, I have a feeling that JUNE will be a great month, despite what is going on in our nation, currently. Starting off the month on a Monday with a fresh, brand-new week is always a good luck 'omen'. COVID19-wise, we have entered phase one of reopening here in Michigan, in Upper and Lower Penninsula on phase two and as of Monday June 1st our Governor said that we can graduate to phase 4 state-wide and starting next week on June 8th almost every single business will be open, including bars+restaurants at 50% capacity and gatherings as large as 100 people. Stores and malls are also allowed to open as long as social distancing and other regulations are followed. Any workplace can be open including all offices.





feeling: Sad! Sad about the state the world is in today, especially United States. These are such tough unbelievable times, following the unjust deaths of Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud and lately the very brutal killing of George Floyd on the hands of the police. These innocent people are making history as much as Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks once did. But WHY did they have to die?! I cannot believe that we are living in the 21st century, 20 years through the new century and racism against people of color, discrimination and stereotyping still exist. I have been a 'victim' of being treated like this too, as a "foreigner", as an immigrant, as a person with a slight accent. I totally get the frustration, the anger, the madness and the protests happening all over many cities of our country. People of color and especially black people have been oppressed for hundreds of years. The murders make me sad and make my stomach upset, the way the black people have been treated makes me sad, angry and mad. But honestly all these protests, the looting, the mass destructions and whatnot makes me feel sad, as well. 

wearing: Dresses. Hallelujah dress season is here!! After a mostly-chilly May filled with days in the 40s, 50s' lots of winds and raining, the last couple of weeks since Memorial Day have been very hot. We even reached 90 and 92 degrees a couple of days. So I have been wearing dresses baby, keeping my legs smooth and shaven, trying to get some natural suntan LOL. I even added a couple of new dresses to my collection. 

buying: A few new Summer clothes and sandals for Vivian. I got her a couple of fun Summer tops, some capri leggings, some biker shorts, the cutest denim shorts, the cutest denim skirt and even an adorable wicker+silver unicorn purse - everything at Target (for the win!). She will be ultra stylish this Summer.

craving: A yummy frozen yogurt with some fudge on top and all the fruit (berries, pineapple, kiwi)! Also craving the yummy martinis from Bar Louie. Good thing our bars+restaurants open here next Monday on June 8th.

discussing: Racism with my 7-year old daughter. Today we watched a couple of videos (twice) that explained Racism towards blacks from whites. I have touched with her on the issues of racism, bullying and treating everyone the same no matter how they look, since as early as when she was 4 years old, but it is good to talk about it again and again, especially with what is currently happening in US. I think - if you haven't done it yet - it is time to educate our children about what racism means, what does it mean to be white and considered privileged. The education starts with us - parents!

Now let's recap some outfits worn in previous years around early June. Coincidentally or not all of these pieces I am highlighting this month on the recap: both dresses, the pencil skirt and the blouse, are from TARGET. Target for the win, you know!

4 years ago.


I don't know what happened to this Serenity Blue Babydoll Chiffon Dress but I know I need to find it because it is cute and I love the color. I own it in a bright coral, too. I kind of did a dressed down/dressed up look here and paired it with leather gold perforated sandals with cork wedges, a gorgeous turquoise long pendant necklace by Kendra Scott and bangles as well as my most favorite black quilted bag by White House Black Market.

3 years ago.


Bold Floral on top of another Bold Floral?! Sure why not?! Sometimes you want to stand out, even if it is a polished office look. Both my pencil skirt and my blouse are by the Who What Wear line at Target. I love both prints so much that I own the matching yellow floral blouse to the skirt and a matchy daisy green floral bomber jacket, the exact print as the blouse. Now I understand this outfit is very bold and not normally something I wear but I went for it. I love those filigree statement earrings with it and my Gold Snakeskin Loboutin Pumps. But I should have gone for a little more makeup and a bright red lipstick. I look a little bit washed out.

2 years ago.


This was my first style post back 2 years ago when I used to do "The Sunday Showcase" Linkup. I remember this dress very well because I wore it on the first very hot day of May and I felt so very pretty that day. I love this tribal-print off-shoulder dress by the Xhilaration line at Target. The oversized ruffle around the neck trimmed with the pom poms make it extra pretty. It was such a hot day when I wore this I remember. I decided to forego most jewelry and just went for a real bold red crystal ring. Paired it with my taupeish-nude laceup wedges also by Target and the softer-than-butter leather perfect-nude crossbody bag. Need to do a repeat of this outfit with different jewelry and shoes.




Last but not least, time to recap my favorite looks from last week. Neutrals and cozy casual styles for the win and a proud graduate in the mix, too! Speaking of the last Thursday Moda thank you so much for all your kind comments and for loving me and Vivian in our striped orange dresses! =)

Besides looking cozy and super stylish in her signature neutrals - this time in a pair of polished khaki shorts in the perfect length - Laurie wrote a very nice post about the current Covid19 situation. I agree with her 'Escape - Something's Got to Give', time for things to go back to normal, SOON!
Mireille shared her 'Favorite April and May Looks' and there were so many cute looks in there. I had a hard time choosing what picture to include but ultimately this was one of my favorite outfits. Plus I own identical pieces - including a wicker round crossbody bag - to do my own take of this look.
My friend Kathrine did a 'Graduation Photo Shoot' post in Chicago, to honor her son Ethan, who just like every other senior this year was rubbed of a true graduation. But Ethan is rocking his cap+gown in the best and most cheerful color of them all - red. He graduated with high honors too. 
Last but not least my other Chicagoan friend Jill stayed true to the name of her blog "Doused in Pink" by pairing black with touches of millennial pink. Her pretty 'Printed Boho Top' has both colors. You can never go wrong with black+pink and it's a color combination for any season!


AND NOW IT IS TIME FOR A NEW THURSDAY MODA. I INVITE YOU ALL TO JOIN IT. =)

Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



Image Map

Comments

  1. Cute outfits! It's good it's safe enough for you to reopen, more things are reopening here too as there have been so few cases over the past few weeks. the kids are loving being at school!

    Hope that your week is off to a good start :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about dresses right now myself as well! Loving all your cute ones.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are still in lockdown and schools have been cancelled for the year. Crazy time. And now the world continues to spin out of control. Stay safe my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are taking it one day at a time trying to enjoy our summer break while being aware of what is going on in the world.
    I love your pretty dresses! Trying to take mine for a spin more often as it warms up!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three cute summer looks, Ada! It's fun to look back to see how our style has changed, and if the pieces we wore a few years ago are still loved and in our wardrobe. Also, thanks for hosting the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to find the Serenity Babydoll Chiffon Dress, it's so cute! Love the pattern mixing of the skirt and blouse too. Thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love those off-shoulder dresses for summer! Thanks for the inspiration--I need to pull mine out! It truly is a sad time and SO hard to believe people are still treating folks this way. I'm sorry you had to experience it, Ada! And good for you for teaching Vivien about racism!! Well done, Mom!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. YA for Michigan opening back up. I don't plan on buying baby girl summer clothes this year. Since looks like she will be out of daycare for a while.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fabulous dear Ada:) I'm craving and wearing like you too! Please come and link up with me for my weekly Friday link up!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress Ada. I love my dresses :) Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love that light blue dress! The shape and details are so pretty. And it's so great to hear that you are already teaching your daughter about racism. <3

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for featuring my son's graduation on your faves. It means so much. Your dress is lovely!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blue dress is gorgeous on you! Love the color and smocking! Thank you so much for the feature! I didn't post last week so I missed it!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts