My Quarantine Blog Birthday Party - Turning 40!!

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY: the one where I turn 40, the one I really, truly wanted to celebrate, the one I was looking forward to taking trips for, going to dinners, celebrating with a lot of friends+family, the one where I am quarantined, the one I cannot celebrate exactly how I'd like to, the one I plan to do a mini virtual zoom celebration for, but the one I am still happy and feel both blessed and grateful to celebrate with the 3 people that mean the most to me: my beautiful daughter Vivian and my amazing parents. Oh and I get to celebrate it with ALL OF YOU here on the blog each year, for the 8th year in a row, because it is my Blog Birthday Party you all! All my Blogging and Instagram closest friends are invited! So let's take a glass of wine, champagne, martini, margarita, mimosa or cognac, whatever you prefer and take a stroll down the fun fashions and all the cute outfits that these amazing ladies chose to wear this year, to celebrate my birthday - my BIG 40!!

"So lovely to be included in this birthday blog post! I thought I'd break out the neon to celebrate. ;) Wishing you all the best and the happiest of birthdays, Ada! "

"Happy Birthday Ada! Thank you for inviting me to your virtual birthday party! One of my favorite things about blogging are the friendships I’ve made and you have always been so kind and supportive! Wishing you the happiest of birthdays and the best year ahead!"

"I'm always charmed by the special relationship that Ada and her daughter Vivian share!  They are both such girlie-girls that for Ada's birthday celebration this year, I had a modern tea party theme in mind.  My dress is several years old from J. Crew.  You could style it classically, with pearls and kitten heels, or, as I did here with a light moto jacket and sky-high silver sandals!  Either way, I wish we were celebrating in person!  Many thanks to Ada for including me in the post.  Wishing you a great year and some real-life blogger meetups soon! ðŸ’—"

"Dancing BIG for Sweet Ada's birthday. Happy 40th my dear! It's always fun to chat fashion and life with you. Accessories, makeup and so much more. This outfit is shopped from my closet and I'm embracing stripes and fringe to celebrate!

If I had only one birthday wish that would be for my daughter and I to be healthy and happy. That's it. Our health isn't something we should take for granted and good health will bring us happiness too.

"I chose a black embroidered boho style dress with colorful tights because it’s comfortable and cute and perfect for a night out, a day in, a movie, coffee, lunch, or dinner...whatever kind of party you might throw.  Everything I am wearing is shopped from my closet...my dress is from Target, my boots are from Famous Footwear (Carlos Santana brand), my necklace is from a local boutique, and my tights are so old that I have no recollection of where they came from! Welcome to the 40’s, my friend!"

"Going to a Birthday party! Though it can only be virtual now, I love to dress up anyway. I always say, that it is not important where you go, more important is with whom. So even if the party online is, I’m happy to spend time with friends. ❤️"

"Hi Ada, Hope you like my party outfit. Wishing you a wonderful Birthday, you are a wonderful mother with a super cute daughter. "

"Today is also the lovely Ada from Elegance and Mommyhood’s birthday! When she invited me to her annual virtual birthday party I knew that the kimono would be perfect paired with my favorite Tomgirl jeans, a silky cami and pumps to dress it up…it would work for both Mother’s Day and a birthday celebration!"

"Any reason to get dressed up is a good one right now so thank you Ada for celebrating in such a grand way and letting me be a part of it! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!"


Age is about how old you feel on the inside and I feel 30!! CHEERS!!
For my 40th Quarantine Birthday Eve I wore this little blush pink/nude/blue floral babydoll dress by Nordstrom. I paired it with suede pointy ballet flats by Target, the most adorable gold double coin designer necklace, dangly blush pink druzy earrings, a stack of beaded bracelets, some pretty rings, a new pretty neutral Burt's Bee's lipstick, a glass of Pinon Noir and a smile of course. Because you are never fully dressed without a smile!

"Dearest Ada,
Wishing a bright and color-loving friend a bright and colorful birthday! I couldn’t imagine celebrating with you in dark and sleek, so a teal fit and flare perfect for dancing is the order of the day. With purple shoes and a magenta shawl... Because color says festive! Blessings and a happy happy day to you, friend! (And hugs to sweet Viv!) XOXO
Stylishly yours,
Liz K."


"Happy Birthday dearest Ada! 40! What a beautiful age! I hope you get to celebrate it with a huge party later this year, and hope that you for now will have a fabulous day together with your sweetie Vivian! Much love, Nancy."


BOJANA - Bo's Bodacious Blog.
" I did a specifically birthday themed photo shoot in your honor, you'll have to stop by to see the set-up  I am so sorry that you can't go out and celebrate with friends and family like you normally would, but know that you are celebrated and in my thoughts this year.  Thank you for always being supporting and uplifting.  I've really enjoyed getting to know a bit more on a personal level over the years. "

"My pink dress brings a smile to face just like Ada does! Age is merely a number and I know Ada will rock her 40's. As women we get better with age! Kindest regards, Kellyann"

"Hi Ada! Here is the look that I would wear for my birthday which is a week after yours! Since we are staying home, I want something that is comfy but sassy and this is the outfit I came up with.  The flirty polka dot one shoulder top has a hint of sexiness which is just my style.  Of course, I want everyone who I talk to on Zoom to stop and take notice, hence the the stop sign in the background.  Lol!  Have a terrific birthday my friend."

"Hi! I am Carrie from Curly Crafty Mom and I'm here to wish Ada a very Happy Birthday! I've known Ada for quite some time and she is just the sweetest mom to Vivi and blog friend to me. Ada is close in age to me, I turned 40 just 2 years ago and I know it is such a HUGE milestone. I wish her the best of luck and I know she has many plans and dreams for this new decade and I hope they all come true for her, she deserves it! Take care, Ada!"

"Dear Ada,

"On your birthday, here’s wishing you much more happiness, joy, peace and love. May all your wishes come true and you never stop smiling. Here’s me wishing you virtually. I am wearing a traditional Indian attire called ‘saree’. The fabric is hand woven silk with woven borders of figurines - a typical weaving style called Baluchari from the eastern part of India."


YAUDY - Yaudy's Style
"Happy birthday Ada! Hope your birthday is as special as you are. Many more to come! Xo Yaudy Cristina


Thank you to my sweet Vivian for taking these pretty pictures of mama - she learnt from the best. I love her so much!! And thank you to all these loving ladies who participated and were a part of my celebration, on the blog, this year. LOVE YA ALL!!

ROXANNE - Glass of Glam
"Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to my dear blogger friend Ada! I'm Roxanne from Glassofglam.com. Living in Chicago with my husband, 9 month old daughter, and two kitties!"


"Dearest Ada, how are you? How is Vivian? Dwelling on her next cute pink tutu to show us? Let me thank you first for inviting me to celebrate your 40th birthday virtually here with you. Means a lot. A very cheerful and fun gesture during those trying times. This is the look I would wear to you birthday party. Because it is my go-to look, French-inspired I feel most confident and comfortable in."

"Life is a party. Dress for it. - Audrey Hepburn. 
Happy 40th Birthday Ada!! Toss on your favorite skirt and cami, stack up the bracelets and throw on a hat! An Instant party! Cheers to you girl... eat cake, drink champagne and DANCE! Life is a party!!"

"Enjoy your birthday celebration. Lifestyle blogger from Ireland - I will be 64 later this year.  I love walking, golf and bridge. Played tennis until a few years ago until my back gave me trouble. I am married with two grown up children and two grandchildren. Blogging is a hobby and I love sharing my top health and beauty tips... travel... fashion... anything really!"

"I'm wearing a Vivienne Westwood Anglomania dress that I last wore for a wedding in 2011. Lockdown has prompted me to start shopping my closet more! I've accessorised with rose gold glittery shoes by Betsey Johnson and a Dune leopard print clutch. Wishing you an early happy birthday!"






Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Ada! So happy to be a part of this celebration. You look fabulous and there is not way you can be 40. :) Enjoy your special day my friend.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Ada! Looking fabulous!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! A new decade has arrived! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Ada! Enjoy this new decade, happy birthday!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday dearest Ada and many happy returns! Glad to know you. Here is to you! Xxxx Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you Ada! I absolutely adore the floral dress you chose for your special day. Thank you so much for including me in your annual round-up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada you are an inspiration. I hope that this decade brings you everything your heart desires. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I hope you have an awesome one.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Ada! You look beautiful! That is so awesome you had so many bloggers participate! I think it gets bigger every year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday! What a cute dress :) hope you have a nice time celebrating at home :)

    We are on week 6 of staying at home but they have started to lift some restrictions which is nice! :) We have another home isolation birthday coming up this week but things might be back to normal in time for my son's birthday next month! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Happy Happy Birthday, my friend! What a beautiful group of guests you have this year! Such a fun way to celebrate turning 40!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for including me Ada! Fabulous photos! I hope you had a wonderful day!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy, happy birthday Ada! I hope you feel spoiled all week long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday, my friend!! I'll be having a quarantine birthday myself this month. This is the cutest idea for a virtual blogger birthday party! Cheers to 40 and wishing you the most fabulous year ahead!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday Ada! Your birthday wish is such a good one - and a reminder that we all need to be thankful for what we have right now. Once all of this is over, I hope you can go out for the biggest birthday celebration for this year's milestone! You deserve it! <3

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ada!! So here I am! What a great blog you have! Happy BDAY, 40 is such beautiful age- Enjoy! Will stop by tomorrow for your link up as well:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Nice to see you. I had no clue you had a blog but glad I FOUND IT. Mine will get a complete makeover this year, hopefully before Summer is over. Thank you for your kind words. =)

      Delete
  17. Happy Birthday Ada! Love seeing everyone's outfits! You look beautiful! I hope you'll be able to go out soon to celebrate this milestone bday!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fabulos Ada, you had so many marvelous attendees at your party! I am sorry I could not make it.
    The pictures turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts