Thursday Moda #201: Currently, February 2020.

During the month of January I saw so many memes posted by so many people about how it felt like January had at least 70 days. Honestly, it felt different to me, I think I blinked and the month was gone and I was able to only blog twice a week but that's ok. Now we are towards the end of the first week of FEBRUARY and I will blink and that will be gone as well. But let's join ANNE for her February Currently Linkup shall we?!





loving: My Beautiful Daughter, more and more each day. I talk about Vivian 24/7: here on the blog, on Instagram, on Facebook, in my poems, at work, to my friends+family, everywhere actually. In her young 7 years she is much smarter and more mature than her age and she is in many ways my very best friend. I got her report card a few days ago and it was very detailed. She was above average in about 85-90% of the areas and I am honestly so proud of her. She makes me happy and proud every single day. Even more so in the last 3 years since I have been a single mom. I haven't touched on my separation + divorce much in the blog but it is a post I plan on writing sometime this year. My daughter Vivian is amazing and I am lucky and beyond blessed that she is MINE! I love her so much, to infinity and beyond. More than ever before I wanted to emphasize it this month since it is the month of love.

embracing: The fact that in 3 short months (exactly) I will turn 40 years young. My digits will change this year and I feel great about it. I am not tired of aging, on the contrary I feel blessed and thankful for all the years I have lived and every candle I blow on my cake each year. I am blessed to have more grey hair and more wrinkles because when we age we live! It is a big birthday year I know but last time I checked no one believed me when I told them I am turning 40 this year! And, on a flattery note, since my separation I have been hit on multiple times, my co-workers and close friends are amazed by this little fact. I have gotten more compliments and interest in my late thirties than even in my early twenties. And being single is not so bad, actually most days it feels great, awesome!! There is this sense of independence and power attached to it! So, what's there not to embrace about turning 40 this year?!

tasting: This amazing dip I purchased at Kroger today just to try it out. It is a Mediterranean dip where tzaziki garlic sauce and hummus were mixed in it. My mom and I used it as spread over toast and OMG -- the thing was delicious! It was finger-licking good! Loved it!

wearing: Hats, lots and lots of hats. This is one of those Winters I have worn a lot of hats, not as many beanies as most Winters but lots of hats, especially Floppy Hats or Fedoras. I just purchased the cutest tweed Newsboy Cap at Forever 21, this month, and it was a steal too. You will see me wearing it tomorrow! I love hats and people love hats on me, I always get compliments when wearing hats. So I won't stop wearing them, especially since the more often I wear hats the more I think they suit me.

preparing: to shoot a couple of Valentine's Outfits and it is supposed to snow for the next two days, like lots and lots of snow, up to 7 inches. But I really want to shoot a beautiful red dress on a Winter White background! Fingers crossed I can shoot it! And that I don't freeze to death! Us bloggers live very tough lives sometimes. Weather affects us a lot!!

Last, I wanted to do a recap of some Red-Hot Valentine's Day Inspired Looks. The following outfits were blogged during the month of love, exactly from February 2017 and they are all red dresses. I wore not one, not two but three different red dresses in February, 3 years ago and I decided to dress up all 3 of them. Can you believe how warm it was in February of 2017?! The day I shot that maxi dress especially felt like Spring.


A RED MAXI DRESS.

This was a very special post - I celebrated the first year of my Thursday Moda linkup and I did it in style. Since it was February the month of love and hearts, I wanted a very VALENTINE-INSPIRED Outfit and of course a dressy one since it was a special occasion. On this 1-year anniversary post I collaborated with several of my blogging friends who joined my one-year linkup and I asked them to style or wear something either red or pink. You can check their outfits in the original post. I decided to go for a Chiffon Red Gown with va-va-voom cleavage, which I accessorized with iridescent sparkly block-heel sandals, a maroon-ish leather shell-shaped clutch, a fun little black choker and long dangly earrings. It was extremely warm and sunny for February, in the mid 50s. I ended up loving this look and I am glad I wore a gown in honor of February being Red Carpet Oscar's month, too.

This post was the previous week than the post I recapped prior to this. This time around I celebrated one year of Thursday Moda with my little princess who at the time was an adorable 4-year old toddler. I decided to wear a Wine-Red Lace-Front Babydoll Dress with opaque black tights and black block-heel sandals to create a monochrome illusion on the bottom and I paired my dress with matching tassel statement earrings, red lipstick and a faux fur red bag that also made a statement. My little princess is wearing what I'd call a 'Valentine Fair Aisle' print and her sweaterdress was adorable. We accessorized it with more flowers (baby pink ones in her headband and blue+white ones in her statement necklace). Of course all of Vivian's flowers matched the Valentine-Colored Gerbera Bouquet we were carrying. Like mommy Vivian also wore dressy black shoes with her black tights.



This lovely red dress look was for a collaboration I did with a blogging friend, for Red Dresses for Women's Heart Disease. This light Red Bohemian Dress with long sleeves is by Target. It has full bell-shaped sleeves with a little embroidery on the front and little pom-pom detail on the hems of the sleeve and on the chest area it has that laceup style too. I dressed it up with black and blue by wearing some sexy chevron fishnet black tights, a textured faux fur + man-made leather foldover clutch by Old Navy and my gorgeous velvet block heel laceup sandals. The laceup shoes with the bows tied in with the laced-up detail of the neckline and the silver sparkly mesh bow headband I was wearing. For jewelry I went for dangly gold filigree earrings by Kendra Scott and a stunning red stone statement designer necklace (necklace, earrings and headband are all by Nordstrom).











And now join the linkup!



Thursday Moda with Elegance and Mommyhood


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




Comments

  1. Love the red dress on you! Advance happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ada, I love your attitude about aging! I enjoy the wisdom I gain with every year of life that I experience, so I just embrace aging as well. I love red on you! Such a great color for you. And how darling is Vivian in her little Valentine’s look!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - January didn't seem all that long to me either - maybe because by the time Hendrik went back to school after Christmas break, a week of it was almost gone. Or maybe because we've had barely any snow, so it doesn't feel like winter is dragging as much as usual! Anyway, love this attitude of embracing your age and your stage in life! I feel similarly that it's easy to love my current age when I realize that being 10 years younger would mean that I don't have my cute little sidekick in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with this red maxi on you!! So beautiful!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love that first red dress! It looks stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful looks and your daughter is so cute with her bouquet of flowers!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. That red is just so hot. The color of month making it so apt right now. I love it <3
    -Vaishali
    http://www.vivaciouswish.com/2020/02/06/valentine-day-lookbook/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It totally fine to talk about Vivian all the time. I talk about baby girl all the time as well. Love the red dress.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look hot, hot, hot in that red dress, Ada!! And Vivien always looks adorable. Happy Valentine's Day, and thanks for sharing all you are thankful for.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowsers! That red dress looks amazing on you. No wonder you get hit on 🥰. I think its amazing how you are embracing your age, I too am not far behind, and have no real negative feelings about turning 40 in a few years, but maybe that will change. Your love for V. Us very evident and though I am sad that you have endured hard times in live, I am happy that you've found a way to be happy as you embark on that part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun look back! That red dress is amazing on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Red is definitely your color, Ada! What an awesome attitude about aging! I share it with you.

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is looks absolutely gorgeous on you dear!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts