Thursday Moda #183: Currently, September 2019.

Once again, Welcome September - back to school, back to regular routines, back to busy schedules life! I just posted a September bucket list and I haven't done one in a long while but stop by the post to see it and why I am doing one. September I think is a big month for kids, parents, grandparents, everyone really! But I am still doing my usual monthly currently posts which have 5 different prompts each month and the ideas come from Anne In Residence. Our kids are just months apart and if I am correct her son Henrick also just started first grade and even went to a new school. Speaking of starting first grade, do you follow me on Instagram - please follow me - I have been bombarding you with stories, videos and photos of Vivian from her first two days of school. The last two Instagram posts show Vivian on her first two days of school - the first day was a half day and her second day was her first full day - being all giddy, exciting and very stylish of course! I have a mini fashionista and future fashion blogger in my hands, you guys!

v


making: Room for new and Fall items in Vivian's closet. In order to do this I will be thoroughly going through her items, especially the Summer items and see what fits and what doesn't. Eventually I plan on doing the same for her more transitional clothes like sweaters, sweatshirts, leggings, jeans and jackets (and eventually coats - oh my!). 

taking: New Outfit Pictures for the Blog in some mix+match outfits and Fall Transitional looks, featuring some of my booties and hats, like I mentioned in my latest September Bucket List post. I will be starting to layer with my cardigans too, especially my long cardigans or my big, chunky, oversized cardigans, but ONLY if the weather calls for them. I am not one to rush seasons. I dress for the weather that it is, unless I am doing a collaboration post or a how-to-style post for the blog.

discovering: Lots of New, Awesome Shows on Prime (who knew!?). I am currently in the middle of watching both "Sneaky Pete" and "Bosch". The first show only has 3 seasons and the second one has 5 so far but it is still going. Next I want to watch "Homecoming" with Julia Roberts - I have heard great things. "Hannah" looks great too. What other Prime shows do you recommend? What am I missing?!

 consuming: Less and less coffee (it hasn't been sitting well with me lately and I have liked the flavor but usually don't love it). I am definitely not drinking coffee daily and if I do is half a cup to a full cup. Instead I have been reaching for more tea (hot tea or iced tea), trying to consume more water and 100 juices/smoothies with all good natural ingredients like fruits, vegetables, oat, flax seeds and some protein in the mix. What are you all consuming these days and what are you not?! 

saving: Money. After a very expensive August (vacation, working less, back to school shopping for school supplies and some new clothes and undergarments+socks for Vivian, plus a couple of new bras for me - I utilized Soma's great sale and purchased two new ones), September will be a month that I will sit out, not buy anything and even spend less in eating out, movies and such.

Now, let's take a look at what I have blogged previously this time, dating back as early as 2012 when I was pregnant. It was also my first year of blogging. I noticed a "trend" in these outfits: a lot of leg. And honestly the younger I was, the better and best-shaped my gams were lol. So, let's take a roll down memory lane, shall we?!

I loved titling this post Baby Pink Date for Three because I was pregnant in my first trimester and we already knew we were having a girl. Plus hard to tell but my embellished silky camisole is in a baby pink color and it matched those blush/baby pink satin wedge sandals with the 3D embellished flowers beautifully. Loved how sexy yet monochromatic this look is, pairing all the blush pink silkies with the white denim mini skirt and matching white purse. It was perfect for a dinner date night and not too shabby for a pregnant mamma-to-be!

This was the year that I stayed home with Vivian as a baby so my style was almost always very casual and relaxed. I also did a lot of Pinterest-Inspired looks back then. This one I "copied" from my friend Inge who used to have a style blog and is now a mom of two and still teaches I think. I styled these relaxed olive green cropped pants (from The Limited I think) with this beautiful ecru flutter-sleeve top with the large dots tulley overlay (also by The Limited). I dressed them up a little with these Bronze Real Leather Bow Ballet Flats I have had forever. Very simple look, yet comfortable, very friendly for a mom with a baby and still put-together.

This was another Labor Day Weekend Look for an at-home, patriotic look featuring "Pineapples, Stars and Stripes" with a dose of navy, red and a bit of white. It is Americana but with a beachy vibe with the lavender cotton shorts by Old Navy which have navy embroidered pineapples on them, accessorized with an elastic red headband, American flag slip-on sneakers and those matchy jelly turquoise and red link bracelets, and paired on top with an oversized navy+silver off-shoulder striped t-shirt.

I barely posted last year and there were very few outfit posts. But one of the ones I did post was this "Mommy and Me" matchy look. Vivian and I were Dotty Over Fuchsia Dresses with our matching yet different fuchsia dresses with oversized dots. This was during Labor day weekend last year, where we spend a Sunday down-town our city including a lunch date and a little bit of shopping. Vivian stole the show in this post. She is beyond adorable, full of sass and personality. I, on the other hand rocked a strapless dress from The Limited that I have had for a long time, with matchy bright, hot pink statement earrings by Wal Mart (love the pom poms) and I love that Vivian and I had matchy pink jelly sandals.


And now, time for the linkup. As always, thank you so much for visiting my blog and linking up with me. I am getting into a more of a routine as this month progresses so I WILL MAKE A BETTER EFFORT TO NOT ONLY BLOG, BUT COMMENT ON YOUR POSTS, CONNECT WITH YOU AND LINK UP WITH YOU ALL, TOO. Thanks again.




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



Image Map


Comments

  1. We loved Sneaky Pete! Netflix and Prime have so many great shows - I loved Homecoming too!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to have look backs!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great in all of the pictures, and loving the mommy and me. So cute!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your currently list and all your photos of posts past! How adorable are your mommy and me matching looks!?!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also trying to save more in September- we had an expensive summer with some outdoor renovations at the house! Gotta save up for the holidays, which will be here before we know it!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the polka dots Ada! The similar outfits on you and Vivian look adorable. I loved Homecoming - so very good!
    jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That awesome you have been drinking less coffee. Since living the single mom life this last month. I have been drinking way to much caffeine to stay awake.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been watching so much stuff on Amazon Prime lately! It is like a treasure trove of great shows and movies! Those matching pink polka dot dresses on you and Vivian and just too darn adorable!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun look back! I kind of liked Carnival Row and I'm watching Victoria now. Of course The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy September Ada. Great looks and love Vivian's dress :) Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and Vivian look super cute in your matching pink circular dresses - very sweet. Thanks for hosting today. xx Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you look even better now, especially in that cute pink dress!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun trip down memory lane, Ada! You've been blogging a long time!! Good for you!

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading this post and getting a glimpse of life. August/September are so busy and once we get back and settled into routine it's not as overwhelming. wGoing through closets, not only your own, but children's as well is a HUGE task. I grateful now the girls are older, I have a basket that anything they don't feel fits right or they wont wear get put in their and then I have less to go through in their actual closets. I like the no spending September. I think I am going to have to do that in October.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't believe September is here! Love all these past looks Ada!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts