The Holiday Series 2018: Black Friday Outfits, a Multi-Blogger Collaboration.

You guys, how is it Thanksgiving week already?! I polled this question in my Insta Stories last night and asked it in my last Insta post too, but I am asking you in here too: Have you decorated for Christmas yet?! I will probably look at/organize/get out my Christmas ornaments today and hope to at least put out the main tree and decorate between today and tomorrow and hopefully have everything wrapped up by Thanksgiving day. What about you all?! Have you decorated?! Do you normally decorate before or after Thanksgiving?! Thanksgiving fell so early this year. 


THE  HOLIDAY  SERIES  2018:  BLACK  FRIDAY  OUTFITS.
Today, I am back with the second post in my Holiday Series 2018 and I am joined by 8 other lovely ladies whose blogs I love and whose styles I adore! You can check out everyone's cozy looks (and a couple of dressier ones) below. As far as me I went for a super cozy, super warm, cold weather layered look. Between the scarf, beanie, knotted henley, lace-trim camisole, sherpa jacket and ponte leggings, I have a lot of clothing on. But this is Michigan and it will most likely snow on Black Friday, just like it snowed this past Sunday when I took these photos. Even if it may not snow, it will still be very cold - 100% guaranteed! These layers keep me warm and are easy to take off for running errands, shopping in a busy warm mall, etc. I love how these women are doing cozy for Black Friday though Cheryl is very modern, a little edgy and pretty dressed up too in that fabulous coat! But just like what these ladies wore (including myself) I definitely think boots and sneakers make the best footwear on a busy day like Black Friday. But you can do cozy, warm, furry slippers if you plan on staying home, also.

Read on to see what everyone is doing/sharing/wearing for Black Friday this year and you can click on each of the ladies' blogs to see their outfit details. They all look so cute!! I love all the leopard we all wore again and all the head gear. Laura's beanie + overalls, Bojana's poncho sweater, Shelbee's Camo Cardigan + Plaid Boots, and Amber's vest are all fabulous!!
ADA Elegance and Mommyhood "I cannot believe Thanksgiving is this week and then Black Friday, which means the Holiday craze has started. I am one of those 'lucky' ones that has to work all day on Black Friday, because the company I work for deals with sales among other things. For the small portion of the day when I do not work, you will find me bundled up in layers like my Abercrombie henley, Abercrombie fleece jacket, ponte skinnies, sneakers, the softest fleece scarf and a fleece beanie. And yes without realizing it, I wore yet another leopard hat. Happy Thanksgiving week, babes!"
BOJANA Bo's Bodacious Blog "Jeans, boots, poncho comfort are my weekend jam.   The poncho kept me cozy and warm, and my hands free while waking through the mall (I despise having to carry my coat around in the mall).  The outfit was pretty tame so  I added a little bling with these new Stella and Dot chandelier earrings.  Love how it all came together and how the daylight cooperated for these pictures. "
SHELBEE Shelbee on the Edge "I will be working all day on Black Friday: at the consignment shop from 10 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. then heading to the mall to work at Torrid from 5:30 until 10:30 p.m.  So I need to be comfortable while donning my battle gear! I found this graphic tee which says “My coffee needs coffee” to be perfectly appropriate for working 12 hours on Black Friday.  To be battle-ready, I went for a camo cardigan and plaid combat boots.  Wish me luck! 
LAURA I Do deClaire "I don't normally head out on Black Friday. It's too chaotic and my introverted self gets overwhelmed with all the crowds. I like to be home, nice and warm and cozy, recover from Thanksgiving, and do some light online shopping if I have a chance! What could be better than overalls and a soft cardigan for a day at home?"


AMBER Avec Amber "I know that many people have a four day weekend and roll right from Thanksgiving feasts to Black Friday shopping! My Black Friday outfit idea has this in mind with pieces that are both comfortable and cozy for the dropping temperatures...and leggings instead of pants, because real pants the day after Thanksgiving is just too aggressive."
JENNIE A Pocketful of Polka Dots "When it comes to Black Friday shopping I am all about staying warm, being comfortable, and wearing things that are easy to get in and out of. A plaid vest layered over a simple sweater keep me warm and slide on sneakers make trying on clothes easy, while also helping me walk the distance. The great thing about wearing basics like a sweater and jeans is they work well while trying on other pieces, because if you are anything like me, Black Friday shopping inevitably means finding things for myself, too. ;)  Gotta take advantage of those sales for All the important people on our list!" 
LINDA A Labour of Life "My Vanheusen Dot pants are so very comfortable and perfect for Black Friday Shopping.  For me I will be working (aka Canadian) but comfy at my desk and surfing for awesome deals."
MONICA Jersey Girl, Texan Heart "Can y'all believe that it is already that time of year?  The madness of Black Friday shopping is upon us!  I usually don't go out shopping on Black Friday, but whenever I do, I'm always there later in the day in something super comfy, because I'm still stuffed from Thanksgiving dinner the night before.  Here is my winter uniform!  A sweater, some comfy pants, boots, and a hat."
CHERYL Cheryl Shops "Normally I'm down in Los Angeles for Thanksgiving—and California has been having unseasonably warm, dry weather—so this is what I'd wear on Black Friday. It's kind of half summer and half fall, but these are some of my favorite pieces that I've featured this year on Cheryl Shops. The accessories are key for Black Friday bargain hunting: the crossbody purse allows you to go hands-free, and the low-heeled boots are comfy enough to be on your feet for hours. Happy shopping!"




If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen me wearing the burgundy version of this silky-lined Sherpa Jacket by Abercrombie for the last couple of weeks, like almost every day. Well I loved it so much that I bought it in two colors. I love them both but this white one with the Blush Pink Quilted trim (same as the inner lining) is by far my favorite. Abercrombie sells these sherpa jackets for $88 but I scored them for around 50% off each during one of their amazing sales. Run and go get yourself one!! They are pretty light yet still warm enough as long as the weather isn't below 25 degrees. They are the softest and the prettiest too. Also, here is the coral ribbed version of the Abercrombie Henley I shared a couple of weeks ago here. I love these soft knotted tops so much. I think they can be dressed up too. I layered a seamless black camisole with lace trim, this time around. I couldn't find any of the Abercrombie pieces online but check their website and your local store. I linked several similar sherpa jackets on the widget, below. The Olive Green Ponte Skinny Pants/Leggings with the fun zippered pockets are new by Loft. I dressed them down here but they could totally be worn to work. The Grey Microsuede Perforated Sneakers are so lovely, easy to wear, quite comfortable and soft. Last but not least I am wearing the softest Beige Fringe Fleece Scarf and the softest Leopard Fleece Pom Beanie Hat. Both are by Old Navy and I have had them for about a decade. And yes it was snowing but I need to wear sunglasses when it snows. This rosey pair is by Aeropostale. Do you like how this cozy, cold-weather look came together?! What are you doing on Black Friday and what will you be wearing?!

Here is what I wore last year for Black Friday. This post was also a part of our Holiday Series. Coincidentally, I posted it exactly a year ago. I tell you what though, it was a lot warmer last year and Winter definitely came by too early this year. No bueno!!









Since it is Thanksgiving this week, the linkup is going up early. It will be LIVE @ 5.00 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, Thanksgiving Eve. You can join it then. ;-)

Happy Long Holiday Weekend!!









Comments

  1. Super cute and cozy look, Ada! I have not even begun to think about Christmas decorations! But I presume as soon as my kids get home from Gramma’s next week, they will want the tree put up because I am sure Gramma’s house is already decorated completely! Thanks so much for putting this fun collaboration together!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layers Ada! Your tie front tee is so cute! I love the color of it too! I'd love to get a few more of those types of tops. They are really cute and easy to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We plan on putting are Christmas stuff up on Friday. This is the prefect outfit to go shopping in.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that little toque and all the layers you played with in this post. I see you guys have the white fluff just like us already so getting pictures is always a lot more challenging I find. I haven't decorated anything yet because my little girl will have her friends birthday party this coming up weekend, our Thanksgiving was in October, and after that we will focus on Xmas! Thanks for letting me join in on the fun girl.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe that you are dealing with snow already, Ada! It just seems too early, but perfect weather for layering like you've done here. Your pink tie henley is right on-trend and I love that color! Your leopard beanie is also absolutely adorable. =)


    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    https://www.avecamber.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/avecamber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cozy look Ada! I adore that beanie on you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The waffle shirt and leopard hat are the pieces that really get my attention. Good job on all of the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have begun wrapping some gifts, but we have yet to put up the tree and mantel decor. THis week. YOu look so cute and cozy in your layered look- love the salmon pink sweater with your olive pants. The leopard beanie is adorable.
    thanks for linkiing!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute look dear. Loving the cozy jacket. Also, can't go wrong with the leopard-print beanie!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some really good sales. Thanks for sharing them :)

    Xx, Nailil
    thirtyminusone.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sunnies Ada! I really like your make up here. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts