Thursday Moda #91: Plaid Mini Skirts and French Berets.

Good morning ladies. Oh I have got two very fun outfits for you today and they have two things in common: Plaid Mini Skirts and French Berets. Don't you see the French vibes here?! Actually I wore the first outfit (with the Fun Bird Sweater) this Tuesday when our temps were as high as 62 degrees - hence the bare legs. I got a lot of compliments on this look from co-workers, strangers and even some of you who saw peaks of this outfit on my Instagram - those of you who don't follow me, you should =P. I took the opportunity and seized the moment as far as the nice warm sunny weather goes and I decided to shoot a little dressier, different pattern-mixed Red+Navy Outfit for you. But I kept several elements the same for both looks: plaid mini skirts, bright handbags, beret hats and French vibes. 

So which of these two outfits is your favorite?! I think I like the one with the Who What Wear Asymmetric Wrap Skirt (the first outfit) slightly more.


THE  PLAID  MINI  SKIRTS.
The Gray Classic Plaid Wrap Skirt can still be found at Target from one of my favorite brands ever - Who What Wear. This same classy and elegant pattern also came in a masculine-inspired blazer and some awesome dressy pants - ahh, wish I had the other 2 pieces. The other skirt has this tailored, sleek windowpane pattern and even-though I purchased the skirt at Loft at a different trip than I picked the Striped, Ruffle-Sleeve Tee (also by Loft), I knew that my first time showing these two new closet finds would be to pair them together. My skirt can still be found at some Loft stores on clearance - here - for half off. Also this Patterned Lavender+Navy Skirt is very similar in style and Loft also has a very similar Black+White version. I tend to wear a lot of fun mini skirts around the Holidays as this recent flashback post also showed. Both of these are perfectly festive for this time of year and pretty thick. When it is colder, just pair them with thick tights.



This outfit came together nicely with all the pattern-mixing I did between the Estate Print Mini Skirt and those sort of grayish Snakeskin Loafers I purchased for a steal at Banana Republic 2 months ago. It all looked so nicely with the bright pinks I paired these with. The Fun Bird Sweater (also by Loft - I need to own some of their stocks lol) is what I would call a Raspberry Pink shade while the Faux Leather Bag (but it looks like real leather and it is very well-made) is more of what I'd call a Fuchsia. This Crossbody Satchel I have had for 1.5 years, is from Target, ladies. I have a bigger version of this bag in bright purple, too. I dressed this up with a dark pink/raspberry lipstick, soft blush (I don't always wear blush on my cheeks) and some Gorgeous Crystal Cluster Gold-Tone Hoops. Both the earrings and all the bracelets in these outfits are by The Limited. Last but not least the Grey Beret looked great with all the rest of the grey in this look.




THE  FRENCH  BERETS.
Fun Fact: I have always loved berets and I remember wearing them since I was about Vivian's age. I have had berets in almost every stage of my life. I used to own some as an adult too but then, before I moved to Albania in 2011 for a few years, I got rid of almost all of them - silly me. I still may have 1-2 in my storage here in US - I will have to look. Anyway, I am glad berets are back in style because in my opinion they are the easiest hats to wear and they are so sophisticated, sleek and make you look French - the epitome of class - in literally a second. I am also glad Baker Boy Hats are back - had a few of those too, I have to dig and find some. Anyhow, both of these berets are from Target and they are both a steal. I love the Grey Studded Grommet Beret - grey is my favorite neutral and plus those grommets are fun. While the Black Beret is as classic and simple as berets go. Both of mine are from the new line "A New Day" and Target has at least a couple of other styles of these berets too - check the out!

And check out those fun French-saying barrettes. They say "Merci" and "Bonjour". I like how they sort of decorate the beret too and from afar they look like mini pins/brooches. Yes, I paid attention to the smallest details. I mention this always but it is those little details that can make or break an outfit.

I love how this outfit turned out. Like I said the windowpane skirt and striped tee are meant to go together. I feel like they are the same exact shade of navy and the same exact dark shade of red. This is more of an evening look, though it can totally fly in an office too (minus the beret and I'd probably add tights too - though it depends on the weather). The Faux Suede Block Heel Pumps by Target have the best tortoise-shell heels and they are so classy and comfy. I also accessorized with a Red Patent Leather Clutch and since I added a few bracelets and those little French Barrettes I kept the earrings simple. To make this outfit even better-suited and warmer for December I'd wear black opaque tights and a black fitted or semi-fitted velvet blazer. I can picture you looking super chic!




Even-though it was Thanksgiving last week, over 80 outfits were linked and I saw so many beautiful color combinations for Winter and so many great cold-weather textures. I must say these ladies nailed the layers. And my friend Amber is even wearing a similar dark plaid mini skirt. For two weeks in a row now, the 30+ crowd killed it!
In 'The First Look of Christmas', Jamie took a gold+black sparkly dress and styled it 5 ways. This look with the chic black fringe poncho and fun little bag was my favorite, though all outfits were nice.
'Peg Leg Trousers and Platform Hiking Boots' look extraordinary on Samantha. If that street is her runway, she nailed it. Love the patterned turtleneck and necklace, too.
'Leopard and Plaid' are perfect for Fall and Winter and Amber knows it. Her sleek leather tote, classic cognac flat boots and quilted vest are great outer accessories.
The 'Velvet Shirt' comes in all kinds of styles and colors now, but there is something about cabernet velvet that makes me have heart eyes.
Jacqueline is 'Pattern Mixing a Midi Skirt' while color-blocking red with cobalt. Stunning and trendy head to toe and it worked!





Image Map


Comments

  1. OMG, Ada! You are rocking these berets and the plaid mins like no other! These might be two of my favorite outfits on you ever! That pink bird sweater is so fabulous. I absolutely adore all of this!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looks Ada. Love your skirts :)
    http://www.clairejustineoxox.com/2017/11/2911-wordless-wednesday-or-not-so.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love when you wear bright colors like these, Ada! This pink is so perfect on you. It pops and is really cheery too. This could be my favorite look of yours!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that red plaid skirt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! The colors are so beautiful and festive and girl you rock a beret!
    Cheryl
    www.northwestmountainliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those berets are the best. That is one type of hat I don't have yet, so I better get shopping!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are both such cute looks, and I love how the berets gives them a Parisian feel!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute beret! It adds that Parisian vibe to any look!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. oolala! I love the berets on you Ada! Perhaps that is a hat that i could wear, as i dont usually find myself liking hats on me. the sweaters are pretty, love the bird sweater and the grey with pink. Great plaid skirts too! I need to take out mine.
    Have a great day!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like you stepped straight off the plane from Paris. When I get back to Michigan we need to do a coffee date!

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the WWW wrap skirt that I wanted—unfortunately it's sold out in my size online and at all my nearby stores :(. Kicking myself for not buying it sooner, since it looks so great on you. Love how you styled it with the pink sweater!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that check grey wrap skirt Ada!!
    Xx
    Joi
    - www.inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all the berets!! Thank you for hosting Ada.

    Cherie
    http://www.stylenudge.com
    STYLE NUDGE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, Ada! I can't pick a favorite. I love both of these outfits equally. You are just cute as a button! I love the hat and pink is def. your color!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun are these outfits Ada!! You look great in those berets, love it :)
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so cute with the berets!

    http://www.memoriesofthepacific.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Ada, those berets are super cute on you! And that pink sweater with the bird on it so pretty - my favorite color. I love how you styled both looks with the mini skirts - and I am impressed that you can wear them in the cold weather. Isn't it funny? If it was 61 degrees here we'd be bundled up as that is cold to Floridians and in Michigan it's warm enough for bare legs, lol!
    Such pretty looks on a woman who is beuatiful on the inside as well!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make me need a beret! I'm obsessed with your windowpane skirt - it is adorable! I'm so happy your weather was warm enough for these outfits because they are both fabulous.
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are adorable! I love these preppy school girl looks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! We look alike! I also wear a mini skirt with pink today! It looks fantastic on you Ada! Especially the dark skirt with the striped top!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love pink and grey together, one to try out I think. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ada, you add sweet color to this world! ;) I like how you styled these outfits...the plaid wrap with the snake skin flats, the colors, the fun beret! All so much fun. Thankful to know you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Although I LOVE the pink, I think my favourite is the darker outfit. But you look fabulous in both of them! I love berets. I went to get mine out of the drawer today and I couldn't find it. I think I might have accidentally thrown it away last winter. Bummer! Mission: buy new beret lol!
    Suzy xxx
    www.suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely look dear. Really like that skirt.
    I am your new follower, hope you follow me back. please visit my blog.
    https://clickbystyle.blogspot.in/
    Good day

    ReplyDelete
  25. These outfits are so cute! Love the beret with the skirts!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a cute post, loving the Parisian slant. Plus hello pink...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two fabulous outfits Ada! The berets really suit you. I love the pink bird sweater!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving this looks!!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: HELLO DECEMBER
    DON'T MISS: HOUNDSTOOTH COAT


    ReplyDelete
  29. Two great looks Ada, you're wearing the trends very gracefully.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You completely rock these looks, Ada! Love the beret, and the bird sweater too. thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all the look but especially the grey beret. I have a question. Would your red patent clutch happen to be second hand?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts