Flashback Friday: How to Wear Red+Black for the Holidays + On the Edge Linkup.

Happy Black Friday everyone. I have the pleasure to co-host with my very good friend SHELBEE from Shelbee on the Edge today. We have even collaborated together on "The September Issue" and "The Holiday Series" (4 more posts to follow). I love Shelbee because her style is bold, fun, quirky and colorful like her personality. She has two sons too which are close to Vivian's age. And today on her blog she is featuring the prettiest Holiday Look all jazzed up and sparkled up for a fancy Holiday event (picture below). And myself, I am actually doing a Flashback Friday post because I haven't done one in a while and I love doing these posts since they remind me of outfits I have worn and loved - a lot of which many of you haven't seen either, since I have a lot of new readers on my blog. So let's take a look down memory lane then.

The Fabulous Shelbee rocking one of her own Little Black Dresses with touches of dark green, purple and blush pink. I love the laceup detail on the front of her dress and as you will see and read below also, my favorite way to style a LBD for the Holidays is with a poncho or blanket scarf (like my first collage above and like Shelbee did) and to glam it up and make it jazzy I would also add some fun jewelry and fun accessories like colored shoes, a colored bag/clutch or both. Great minds think alike my friend!

December 2012.

I even wore Red and Black (with gray) when I was almost 9 months pregnant. These photos were taken about a month before Vivian was born (she is a January baby) in our-then apartment in Tirana, Albania.

So, before I flashback to all the ways I have previously worn red+black for the holidays, let me just say this is my Most Favorite Flashback Friday post yet. That is because red+black is one of my most favorite color combinations and those happen to be the two colors of my country Albania too. And unrelated but still nice, Albania's Independence day is on November 28th (coming up) so this post is great for that reason too, being a little patriotic and respecting my Albanian roots.

I have worn red and black several ways as you will see. What I noticed when I was looking back at my old posts is a few elements I have repeated. For example I see a lot of bows on my tops which makes sense because bows are festive. I also see some lace (not only a full lace piece like the LWD but lace as part of a top too) and again lace is dressy and festive. Of course, sequins are another part of my Holiday Outfits and a lot, a lot of leg. Look at all those mini skirts I have worn, which is fine because in the Winter especially during the holidays it is OK to wear short dresses and short skirts when you pair them with very dark tights, black tights or opaque tights. But speaking of tights since it is the holidays you can choose patterned tights, textured tights, colored tights, fishnet tights or metallic tights too (like I have worn in some of my outfits). Bring out the legs, ladies. It is time to sparkle, shine and be sexy! I always get asked about my legs if I am wearing something really short. I am only about 5.7'' but I have very long legs for my height - lucky me, I know!! =)

Some of my looks have plaid too because plaid is one of the most popular patterns of Winter and Christmas duhh. My dressier looks all have a black blazer on top because a black blazer is always a classy+classic piece which never goes out of style and neither do black pumps which you will see a lot. I also have several different pairs of dressy red shoes, in these outfits. You are also seeing lots of textures like feathers and satin - perfect for a glam holiday look. And as much as I love dresses and a classic LBD for this time of year, most of these outfits are separates: skirts and blouses mostly. I have even faked a strapless dress twice with both of my gorgeous bustiers (you can always find the best bustiers at White House Black Market). I also think that leopard goes so great with red and black, especially as an accent piece (shoes, bag, scarf, hat or another accessory). And during the holidays you can add a cute hat too like a felt hat, a pom pom beanie, a regular beanie, a slouchy beanie, a fur hat, a floppy hat or a clochet hat. They keep you warm and are super functional plus they are so cute and definitely raise the glamour up a notch. Last but not least, I always pick fun, unique bags and fun or sparkly jewelry during the holidays. It is time for the pearls, statement earrings, statement necklaces, sparkly studs, feathers, tassels, pom poms, fun hair accessories (you will see a few of these on my outfits, too), cocktail rings, pave bracelets and beautiful clutches to come out. And don't forget pretty makeup and when in doubt always, always wear red lipstick!

23 ways to Wear Red+Black this Holiday Season:

Red  and  Black  Colorblocked.
December 2012

December 2013

December 2015

December 2014

December 2013


Red  and  Black  and  Plaid  too.
December 2014

January 2015

December 2014

December 2013


Red  and  Black with  Leopard  Accents.
December 2015

November 2015


Red  and  Black  with  White/Cream.
Late Winter 2015

Late Winter 2015

December 2014

December 2016


RED  OR  BLACK  AS  AN  ACCENT.
December 2015
[Red feather (on the hair) + red lipstick.]

December 2014.
[Red Stilettos, red bracelet + red lipstick.]

December 2015
[Black pattern on the blouse + black beaded earrings.]

December 2015
[Red argyle tights.]


Red  and   Black  with  Gold.
December 2014

December 2011

December 2015

Bell sleeves, fit+flare dresses, mules, sequins, velvet, plaid and fair aisle are very much in style this Winter too, and I wore them years ago. When it comes to it fashion is one large recycle course. 

So which are your favorite/top 3 looks of these that I have worn?!


Also, yesterday I wrote a huge post highlighting ALL the sales for Black Friday (about 40 stores or so), You can red that here and join the Thursday Moda linkup for this week, here.

You've gotta live on the edge! You've gotta wear red+black this holiday season!!
Now join the "On the Edge" linkup and stop by Shelbee's blog too. 

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend everyone!! Finish those leftovers!!






Image Map


Comments

  1. I like the December 2015 look with the black skirt Ada . Happy Friday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a roundup Ada! You wear black and red so well together and I love the significance of it being your country's colors. My favorite look is the one with leopard! I'll also say I love the one you 9 months pregnant - you don't even look pregnant! I gained over 60 pounds with each pregnancy so I NEVER had a 9 month picture where I looked like anything less than the Michelin Man, I kid you not! I hope you and your family are having a wonderful day together!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada, thanks so much for co-hosting with me today and for your super kind words about little ole me! All of your outfits are amazing. Black, white, and red is my favorite color combination ever so as I scrolled through your post, I found myself oohing and aahing over every outfit! So I can't really pick favorites because they are all so great. But if I were forced to pick, I absolutely adore your LBD with the plaid wrap! I would and probably have worn an identical outfit!

    Thanks again for everything!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderfull post dear love your style..! all pictures are stunning keep posting.
    https://wpthemesfree.website best wordpress premium themes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors Ada and of course their perfect for Holiday style. You've been busy styling for years. :) My favorites are from December 2015...you know I love hats! I'm inspired to dig around my closet a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red and black together - it's a powerful combo! I actually just did a style challenge on instagram last week wearing nothing but burgundy and black outfits, it was a lot of fun :)

    Hope you had a good weekend, and you got some bargains in the sales. I did some Christmas shopping last week but I haven't bought anything in the sales yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a vibrant combo, esp for you with your lovely dark hair, Ada! Thanks for linking up, xo

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great outfit ideas with the black and red color combo, so perfect for the holidays! Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing all the ways you style red & black! Such festive looks. I especially love the plaid wrap

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such cute holiday looks! Red and black are definitely the perfect holiday colors to wear to events. I absolutely love the lack lace-up dress.
    Thank you for linking up this week!

    ~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty looks!
    Nistha
    https://www.fashionistha.com/boho-vibes-in-suspender-pants/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your great holiday looks! I have a weakness for plaid, so the ones with plaid are some of my favorites! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A girl after my heart! 😊 Red is my favorite color. It's definitely the color of the holiday season and it is so festive. You know how it's done! Love the leopard shoes. Great round up Ada! Hope you are having a great Wednesday.

    www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ada, so many pretty outfits with red and black. red is definately your color!Love the patterned tights and i am eyeing those pointed red velvet mules. All beautiful and very festive1
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts