Thursday Moda #86: Is it a Sweater, is it a Blouse?!

This outfit was worn exactly a week ago, on the evening of my brother's birthday. I love how effortless the combination of Deep Purple (in a shade of grape), Olive Green, Navy, Orange, a little Blush+Taupe and touches of Dark Red worked together. All of these colors are great for Autumn and even match the pretty foliage and leaves we are seeing everywhere in Michigan, these days. But let's focus on the star of this outfit first: the top. Is it a Sweater, is it a Blouse?! How about both. It is a knit on the front and a silky material on the back in a floral orange/burgundy pattern.

THE  MIXED  MEDIA  SWEATER.
This sweater is by Loft, currently on clearance with an additional 40% OFF. I love the bow-tie detail on the sleeves and let's face it the mixing of the silky floral print and knit material is genius. They had this sweater in a black+white version and another color/pattern combo (this one) and an all-white monochrome mixed media sweater (here). They are all on sale for 50 bucks each plus the additional 40% OFF which makes them $30 each (my math is always good =P). Loft has been doing these awesome types of sweaters lately that look like two layered tops, for the last couple of years now. They also have this oxblood tie-back sweater which I love. Here is another one very similar to mine, in burgundy with the floral blouse look on the back, minus the bow sleeves. I gave you two options of this outfit: with or without the Olive Green Utility Jacket which I purchased from Old Navy in Spring of 2016 but Old Navy currently carries my jacket again though I could not find it online (here is the black version, on sale - I want!!). What I also love about my sweater is that the colors of purple and orange make it quite awesome and proper for Halloween (I am not one that does Halloween costumes LOL). All the other sweaters at Loft (including new arrivals) are currently 40 bucks or less. Below in the widget I narrowed it down to my top 10 current favorites ALL ON SALE. So hurry because Loft changes their sales daily or keeps them for just 2-3 days.


THE  LONG  BEADED   NECKLACE.
Back when The Limited was still in business, I used to buy a lot of their sweaters, dressy pants and I own a lot of their jewelry. This beaded necklace is from them. It has dark wood, deep red, orange and teal beads and all those colors tie in so well with the colors of this outfit. I mean isn't this necklace the perfect match to this sweater?! I have already worn this long beaded necklace at least 5-6 times this month and I can see wearing it all Fall and Winter long. Long necklaces (with beads, pendants, tassels, etc.) are great pieces to wear for cold months on top of your sweaters or layered over your tops and blouses with a cardigan over the top.


THE  PONTE  LEGGINGS.
You may remember that just last week on Thursday Moda #85 I styled these Ponte Leggings. They are navy, in a thick, not see-through ponte material and I just purchased the last week at Old Navy (already worn them 3 times). These Navy Knit Leggings also come in other neutral colors like a light grey, a charcoal grey and black. Last time I also styled them with the Mauve Booties and the same Taupe Floppy Panama Hat as today.


THE  SOCKS.
As the weather has dipped into the 50s, even the 40s, it is very important to wear socks with your booties, especially if they are short/low or have side openings/cut-outs (like mine do). I did just that this day because it was cold. I picked these Patterned Socks on purpose because I think they would look cute with this quirky, bold, colorful look. Plus the socks add to the bohemian feel of this layered Fall look. The socks are mostly black and purple (with some navy) - again great colors for Halloween and all those colors match the rest of the outfit, too. They have martini glasses on one side, and ladies sipping on their fancy martini stem glasses on the other side. These socks are by Davco, come in a pack of two. Here is a set of 2 pairs with martini glasses. These patterned socks are cute, well made and a steal for $6 for 2 pairs.

Identical Mixed Media Purple Sweater // Similar Olive Green Utility Jacket // Identical Navy Knit Leggings //  Similar Taupe Floppy Hat // Similar Long Beaded Necklace // Similar Red Crystal Teardrop Earrings // Identical Mauve Perforated Asymmetric Booties // Very Similar Patterned Socks // Identical Red Lipstick

Last week the linkup was a little lighter, but there were still many beautiful outfits (around 80) linked. I selected these 4 as my favorites. Two are very polished and tailored, serious office/work looks, one is completely edgy, bold and very different, while the other one features many Fall staples layered together.
Lizzie is wearing 'A Classic Coat' with some signature-for-her items: ruffles and a touch of pink. I love the coat and skirt.
Ashley is 'Moonlighting as Hefner' in this maroon+white striped pajama-style set she wore to Kansas City Fashion Week. On 99% of the population this would look silly but not on bold, stylish and edgy Ashley.
Lorena is spending her 'Long Days' at the office in classic outfits like this. A black pencil skirt is a closet staple for every professional woman and that sequin detail millennial pink blouse is perfect for this month. Class!
Shauna's 'Sunday Stroll' is accompanied by the cutest dog. Her Maltese?!? companion is not only adorable but matches mama as both are wearing sweaters perfect for a football game. Simply lovely!


FASHION  TIP:
Wear cute socks with your booties when you pair them with leggings or skinny jeans. Make the socks part of your outfit. Sometimes the most unexpected accessory can totally elevate a look or add something different to an outfit. This works especially if you are doing a head to toe monochrome look: pick a pair of bright socks that are a different color than the rest of your outfit.


Now join the linkup and make some new friends!







Image Map


Comments

  1. Ada, the colors are gorgeous and so perfect for Fall. You look fabulous and adorable with the hat. Thanks for sharing your styling ideas and for the link up.

    Rena
    http://www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these mixed media sweaters from Loft! Such a pretty color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!love how you styled this look!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PFW STREET STYLE OCTOBER II

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute top Ada. Your necklace is perfect with it!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely outfit! I love the pattern on the back.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's an adorable blouse/sweater. I love your bright necklace with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ada, this top is amazing! I love the color and the pattern. This purple is so fabulous on you, too! And that necklace and the booties...magnificent! Great look, my friend!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing in purple Ada! Thanks so much for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally agree with the sock and booties thing! Must do that when the weather cools off! The purple looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a fun sweater/blouse!! Anything that is so unique is definitely a winner!!
    Thanks for the linkup, Ada!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this purple on you! It's such a rich color for fall!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am Loving the vibrant colors of your mixed media top! Gorgeous and you have styled it wonderfully. I recently wore a mixed media sweater from Loft on the blog and think they are such fun pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. RIP to the Limited! I alway love your girly style and how you gravitate towards florals and bows! The tie back burgundy sweater/blouse that you linked is right up my alley.
    --Roxanne
    http://glassofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a pretty top, Ada. I love the back detail and also your necklace you paired with it! I know those side slit booties are really in right now (I still need a pair) and with it getting colder, that is such a fun idea to pair some cute socks with them! I'll have to remember that! Have a beautiful weekend! Today is my kids last day of school for the week, so we're going to enjoy an extra long weekend!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the purple with the utility jacket! What a great combination. The colors in this top are so pretty. Lovely! Hope you enjoyed your brother's birthday.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whether it's a sweater or a blouse, it's still so cute for fall!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  17. purple and olive! It's a great colour combo, you're giving me ideas here..

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look super colorful today! Great warm colours! I should wear purple more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great top Ada and you look great wearing it. Purple is definetly your color :) Love the mix with the olive too.
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those boots! They are such a great color!

    Mary
    https://www.themarycurator.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ada!
    Loving all of those fall colors on your sweater. loft has so many cute fall pieces. the mustard, purple, rust all look perfect for fall, and those booties are adorable! I am waiting on a pair for fall as well. Looks great!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this jumper, colours look amazing on you Ada. Thanks for sharing Hun. x Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that gorgeous top! The print is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your sweater, such fabulous colours! The necklace goes with it perfectly!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh such a fun mix of colours in your top! I like faux layered pieces like this although I don't have too many myself, it's a nice way to layer without overheating, which is wise here in BRisbane! :)

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the beautiful fall colors in this sweater and the hat! You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style. Nice necklace! It's perfect with the look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts