Recapping 2015: March.

There is so much to cover in today's post since March and April were very busy blogging months for me and they were the months I posted the most all year long (25 times in March and 24 times in April, to be exact). They were also the months where some of my absolute favorite outfits of 2015 happened (along with December, last month). So choosing the top looks for March and April from a large pool of over 50 outfits was a hard task.

In March I came off a month where we celebrated Valentine's day as well as two children's birthdays we went to with Vivian, and both of those outfits and events were covered in March rather than February. Also, I had mentioned a little wishful shopping list in February where I wanted to add items in Pantene's color of the year - Marsala. So late February and early March I went on a little shopping spree where I purchased leggings, tights, a cropped turtleneck sweater, a beret beanie and coated skinny jeans all in marsala or burgundy. Actually Marsala, Burgundy, Bourdeaux (or like I have loved calling it lately - Garnet) was the color featured the most in March. We continued with some cold weeks from Winter so a lot of boots and booties were mostly what I wore. Here is a Chic Work Outfit with touches of Marsala, which was a favorite of mine from March and almost made it on the top 5. Besides Marsala, Gray (especially light shades of Heather Gray) was another color I wore a lot. But due to Valentine's month we left behind, there was also a good dose of Pink. And of course quite a bit of Black, too. You saw a lot of monochromatic looks in March of 2015, a few Sweater Dresses, two Houndstooth Dresses, my Leopard Pencil Skirt by WHBM and my Bright Pink Blouse by H&M also. I also wore a Red Pencil Skirt and a Marsala Pencil Skirt (both of those outfits ended up being two of my favorites). My most popular shoes of the month were my Burgundy Suede Oxford Booties and my most popular tights were the Opaque Burgundy Tights. When I wasn't wearing a Dress or a Skirt, you mostly saw me in Leggings. I also bundled up a few times with a Blanket Scarf and a Beanie or two. Altogether I posted 28 outfits. Out of these posts I had three two-fer posts (herehere and here) and another two-fer post which was a Mom Wear to Work Wear post featuring a Light Red Turtleneck. Speaking of Turtlenecks, since it was cold and Wintery, besides layering turtlenecks I did wear Thick Warm Turtleneck Sweaters a few times, also. And I did a 6 Remix Collaboration with CARRIE from Curly Crafty Mom where each one of us showed you 3 different ways to style a Puffer Vest for Winter. It was a fun and stylish Collaboration. Besides the 28 New Outfits, I also showed you a sneak peak of my Midi Skirt Collection. I have owned and have been wearing Midis (especially in skirt form) for at least 7-8 years now. Ohh and I also wore a lot of Green for Saint Patrick's Day. Last but not least my cutie pie Vivian made it into 5 Style Posts. She was all dressed up with mommy for two of them and one of those ended up being my Favorite post for March (below) and a super close to Favorite #1 Outfit for March. On a personal note, it was the last month I worked my full-time job (at the time) as a Marketing Manager, but towards the end of March I started teaching 3 classes instead of 2 that I taught (for my part-time job).

This is my Valentine's Evening Outfit for 2015 where my date were Vivian, one of my best friends, her 2-year old son (he celebrated his second birthday on Feb 14th 2015 that day) and a bunch of adorable toddlers. So, to celebrate my best friend's son's birthday this is how I dressed up and these photos were snapped on February 14th by my husband, before us ladies left to celebrate. I ended up loving this outfit so much and I got a ton of compliments. The retro-looking polka dot midi pencil skirt with the ruffled high-collared blouse gave off a retro 60s vibe. Vivian wore a lot of cute clothes in February but this Red Velvet Sleeveless Dress of hers was also my most favorite outfit she wore in February. This post is my favorite post for so many reasons and this Outfit is very close to my #1 pick below. It was so hard choosing between this and the Coated Burgundy Skinnies with the Leopard Cami.

Here are my 5 (well 6 and including the one above 7) Most Favorite Outfits from March:

5.

4.

And... also a Tie for #4.

3.

2.

1.
Outfits like this one must be repeated and as a matter of fact I must wear my Coated Maroon Skinnies soon. Also this Gorgeous Blue+Red Graphic Heart Ostrich Crossbody Purse was #1 most worn and most favorite bag for March. I packed it with me when I moved back to Michigan but I had to get rid of it last minute because my luggage was overweight so it sits in Albania (RIP... for now). I have carried it a lot though and love it. So yeah this outfit was worn on a Ladies Date Night with the same Mommy Friend whose son's birthday we celebrated (from my most Favorite March post above). We went to see the infamous "Fifty Shades of Gray" movie and did cocktails before the movie and ate some frozen yogurt dessert afterwards. She came and picked me up and we decided to dress up. I also wore the highest heels I wore all March, no boots or booties either. These Patent Leather Black pair of Pumps are favorites. I mixed the dark Maroon/Burgundy Pants with a Red+Black Leopard Silk+Lace Camisole and topped it off with a Black Velvet Blazer. I kept the Jewelry very minimal but went glam and smokey eye with the makeup. I would wear this a gain, in a heart-beat.

I feel like I covered a lot in this post so instead of making you read for an hour and scroll through a lot more pictures, I will cover April on a separate post. So, what are your two favorite looks from the outfits above? I hope all of these inspire you a little for the upcoming month of love and Valentine's Day ahead. Have a great rest of the week!

P.S. Linking with Adri with Jessica, Alice, Allison, Andrea, Carrie with Jill, Christie, Claire, Dawn, Doranda, Elle, 





Comments

  1. Reds and pinks are my favorites on you!! I love how you are recapping month by month!! You always look gorgeous and tickled "pink" you linked up with us today gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfits in the month of March! Lots of layers!

    michellepaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many cute outfits Ada! I love all of the colours and patterns that you wear. That houndstooth dress is unreal!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe you posted 24 and 25 times in one month! Impressive. Marsala was such a great color of the year, and it looks great on you. Good recap!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. That purse with the heart on it is so cute. So many great looks this month. I am looking forward to March, it is always a little refreshing when winter slowly starts to go away and it warms up (a little) again!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cute looks for march! Love the pattern mixing and the burgundy!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your March looks, and I'm with you, my favorite is your Valentine's Day look too! I also love the look with the floral cardigan, black skirt, and burgundy tights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are recapping by month! So many cute looks! My favorite is the last look with the heart bag!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the colorful tights - such a fun look back on the month of March and all the great outfits! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one stylish lady, Ada! I love your houndstooth dress and your cute grey jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All great looks again Ada! I love that tweed sheath dress. So classic and chic! :)

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great outfits Ada! Loving you and Vivian matchy-matchy outfits in the first picture!

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many lovely outfits Ada, hard to choose a favourite :) Looking forward to seeing your style in 2016! Thanks for sharing at the weekend blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit recap! Love those coated skinnies! Happy New Year!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great outfits! Thanks s much for stopping by and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great recap of reds! Thanks for adding your fashion flair to the My Refined Style Linkup!

    Shellie
    www.thefabjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of great work looks from that month! Love all the shades of red!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts