Cozy Ribbed Knits.

Happy Monday and Happy November you all! 2 more months left to 2015. BIG GASP!!! I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween!! I hadn't been feeling so well and with Vivian's allergy problems, her weak immune system and the flu bug around, we decided not to take her trick or treating. I even had an Elsa from Frozen costume for her and all. I ended up returning it on Halloween day. Oh well. We all feel better now.
Big cozy knits are a huge trend this season, well more so than in the past few years, at least. You know the type of sweaters that are chunky and super warm, oversized big yarn scarves, sweater dresses that feel like blankets, thick cozy socks scrunched on top of the boots and such. Today, I shopped my closet for big cozy knits and put this outfit together to go grocery shopping (overdressed I know, especially since I wore a trench-coat over it). You know I featured an Infinity Burgundy Sweater Scarf a couple of posts ago. This is another Infinity Scarf but it is bigger and made of the softest thick ribbed knitting. This is the "Forenza" Scarf from The Limited. The Limited was the first store to come up with the Infinity Scarves about 7 years ago and I purchased the Forenza Scarf you see here in this gorgeous shade of Coral and in a Deep Purple. You will see this scarf again - I can think of at least 5 more ways to style these big circle sweater scarves. 

Paired with my Cozy Sweater Scarf, I have on another Thick Knit by The Limited - this Cream/Tan Cropped Ribbed Cardigan. And I added a third knit with my Light Ribbed Silver Sleeveless Turtleneck from Casual Corner (from many years ago). So between my three ribbed knits layered on top, even without a full-length sleeve I was very warm. I also shopped my closet for the Boots and Bag. The Jeans are new though. I have had them for about a couple of months but this is their first time on the blog. I finally tried a pair of Denizen by Levi's Jeans (sold at Target) and this particular "Modern Skinny" pair fit beautifully. I wish to find a very dark blue distressed wash and a light blue distressed pair in this style, too, in my size. Last but not least, I wanted to say that I wrapped up the week by wearing both Pink (the color of breast cancer month) and orange (the color of Halloween) since this scarf is between both colors and how perfect that I wore this outfit on Halloween night while grocery shopping and clothes-shopping (for Vivian) with my mom.

And, coming up this week: more layers and more orange, a "Currently" post, a Link-Up on Wednesday November 4th so welcome by and link up your stylish outfits, as well as a 6 Remix post. So stay tuned. Thank you for reading and as always I appreciate your feedback, comments and compliments you all give me. Have a Fantastic first week of November!!

My Coral Scarf mixed well with my Coral Lipstick. =)
Black/Brown Marled Plastic Butterfly Hair Claw: The Limited.

Also linking up with Anna Luiza and Michelle for "Start the Week Off Stylish" and the theme this week is Knits.
Lastly linking up with Erin and  Laura and for "Trend Spin Weekly" which this week is Layers.




Comments

  1. Super cute knit look! You look so cozy!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those boots!

    Too bad you weren't able to get out Halloweening.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great look, Ada! Love that pop of color your infinity scarf adds to your look! And those boots are so cute! Hope you have a wonderful day and month! xox-M

    http://marymurnane.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that scarf! I want to curl up in it right now...or at least a similar scarf :) I'm sorry to hear that you two have been under the weather. I'll send some healthy vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pop of color added to the neutral fall look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite fall outfit you've done! I really love those boots and have been wanting to get a similar pair. The sweater and knit scarf are so pretty together, too. I am sorry you weren't feeling well on Halloween! We have had to miss trick or treating a couple of times in the past, it just happens!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cozy and chic fall outfit! I really love all the layers - looks warm and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute, casual and cozy look Ada! I am glad you decided to stay in and not take a chance with your daughter getting sick. She has many more Halloweens in front of her to make up for this one :)
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute, cozy look! Glad you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice shoes
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/11/bus-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, so sad you guys were too sick to go out! So smart of you to return her costume though. So glad you guys are feeling better. And I am loving this look - so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you all have been sick. That's the worst! I cannot believe it's already November. Sweaters are the best part and you look great!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you're all feeling better! That scarf is gorgeous...love a cozy knit in a bright shade. Perfect outfit for grocery shopping...there's no such thing as overdressed. :)
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that red scarf Ada! what a beautiful colour. Glad that you're all on the mend!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! Sorry you and Vivian weren't feeling well. Hope your're both better now. The boys and I have had little colds for the past week, I guess it's that time of year. I'm loving this cozy look, and those jeans look great on you!
    Rachael
    http://www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That scarf is so fabulous! The bright red is the perfect pop of color!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry to hear Vivian wasn't well over the weekend, glad she's better now! Yeah for sweaters and scarves too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a cute and cozy look! I'm sorry Vivian had to miss trick or treating. Glad she is feeling better now!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute scarf! Love the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry you missed the trick and treating - but I am glad Vivian is well now! thanks for sharing,

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love you scarf Ada, it looks nice and warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Knit layers are always my fall favorite! Great layered look
    Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish!
    - Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this cute, cozy fall look Ada! That scarf is great. I hope that Vivian is feeling better now. I'm sorry you weren't able to take her trick or treating! :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great and fun look you put together here, love the boots and knitted scarf.

    Thank you for linking up to "Bloggers Who Have Inspired Me"
    Rachel xo
    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very comfy Fall outfit! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts