White Sneakers, Marled Joggers and Pops of Color.

I have seen them everywhere, in real life and of course in almost every single fashion blog. I am talking about the Coveted, Stylish, Sporty yet Girly White Chuck Taylors. I wanted a pair so badly. I see them looking cute with almost anything and everything. But they retail at least for 20 more bucks in Europe and that's no bueno! So, I got a very look-alike pair for 14 bucks! I think I made a good decision because I wanted to try them out, I want to wear them till they are all raggy-looking, and then buy the real deal Converse Low-top White Sneakers, when I am back in the States. What do you think, did I make a good/smart decision? And if you have ideas in how to style these as well, tell me on the comments. Thanks.
The first time I wore them was just 2 days ago, on April 14th (which was my lovely Mom's Birthday, by the way). After a long flight and exhausting previous weekend, lack of sleep and such, this comfortable outfit (a day off from work) was what the doctor ordered. I paired them with my Marled/Gray-ish Joggers, my Soft Mint Sweater, my Off-White Fur Vest and added pops of Color through my Floral Scarf and a few different Bracelets that I wore. There is some slight pattern-mixing going on here between the Marled Pants, Floral Scarf and Floral Sunglasses, as well. Of course, I am wearing two of the Top 10 items: Sweater and Scarf while keeping up with "Create 28 Lovely Spring Looks" Challenge. Yesterday's prompt was Sneakers, while the next one is Pattern-Mixing. Actually this outfit covers both, but fear not - I got more Florals and another pair of Sneakers in Tomorrow's Post which is our second week of Budget Babes too, with Rachel and Maria. So, how do you like the very first outfit I created with my White Sneakers?
Winter White Faux Fur Vest w/ Elastic Band/Belt Detail & Gold Hardware: Pelinki (similar, great deal), (similar cropped option w/ zippered pockets, best deal, love this), (gorgeous option by MK, on sale).
Gray, Tweedy, Knit, Ankle-length, Jogger-Style Pants: H&M (New) (similar by F21, best deal), (similar, great deal), (similar, moto style, love these), (gorgeous option by Topshop, love these).
White Silky Scarf w/ Large Hot Pink, Mint, Turquoise & Green Flowers: c/o a Local Accessories Boutique (similar by Ralph Lauren, great deal, love this), (gorgeous option w/ a navy base, love this), (gorgeous option in black w/ red roses, best deal), (similar by Kate Spade, Splurge, love this).
Tiny, Real Gold Hoops w/ Real Diamonds: A Fine Jewelry Store (gifted from the husband) (very similar, Splurge). (very similar, Steal), (similar gorgeous option by Judith Ripka, great deal, love these).

P.S. Also linking up with Alice, Andie, Annie, Christina, Claire, Dawn, Jalynn,  




Comments

  1. Loving this laid-back look! Those joggers are so cute and I'm loving those Sunnies!!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I actually can't tell the difference between your sneakers and the Chucks! A great find Ada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the combo of the shoes and those great joggers! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This outfit is just great! I love everything about it. I have been wanting to get a pair of white chucks, too! I can't believe I haven't gotten a pair yet... I love the mint top with that white fur vest, too. And those joggers look so comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute outfit! I got a pair of Target chucks about 10 years ago and they are still in pretty good shape! (probably because I don't wear them much) I should pull them out more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look just like the converses, how neat! Cute outfit!
    Rachel xo

    Garay Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Lovely! I just saw you featured on another blog. :) Loving your fun ensemble! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow only $20?? We have to pay about $45-50 in the States. I'm not sure what the currency exchange rate is so maybe that's about the same haha. I like them paired with your jogger pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, my Converse Shoes are not the real deal, they are look-alikes. I think you misunderstood. If I paid for the real Converse white low-top pair, they would cost me anywhere from $65-$85 depending on what deal I would find. They are at least 20 more bucks than in the US. I will try this pair for now, wear them till they aren't good anymore and then get the real White Converse low-tops from USA. I come there often so no problem.

      As far as the currency, it was pretty much evened out a couple of months ago but now, the dollar is higher than our country's currency, by 30% more or so. =)

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  9. You are right, the sneakers look cute! And not only with any pants but with skirts or dresses too. I like how you styled this outfit, those pops of colour make the look more interesting. Cute bracelets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes to joggers!! I have to be careful not to wear mine every day! You dressed these up perfectly! Have a blessed weekend! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ada!
    I love joggers, They look super comfy and I love the light colors in your scarf!
    please stop by, jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been wanting a pair of Chucks too but just not sure I can keep them clean. A fun chic look Ada!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you Thursday.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts