24: Floral Fuchsia over Olive!?

I know, I know, I know, this floral black, white+fuchsia blouse would look much better over a black maxi dress rather than an olive green one. But, I didn't have a Black Maxi included in my 30 items. Plus, that means, it will be grounds for a future outfit. You have already seen me wear this dress and this blouse this week (here and here). I am not sure how I feel about today's outfit, but I am all about keeping it real and I am showing you the next outfit from the challenge. Especially, since challenges like these - where you have a very small portion of your closet to remix - make you think outside the box, for one. They also teach you about what clothes you should and shouldn't pair together. How did I do? Ohh and Happy Weekend guys, Friday is here in a few hours! Got anything fun planned?!
Fuchsia, Black+White Floral, 3/4-Sleeve, Off-the-Shoulder Silk Blouse: White House Black Market (similar, this year's version by WHBM, on sale, love this), (similar w/ green floral by WHBM, best deal, love this), (similar, gorgeous option).
Olive Green, Tank, V-Neck Silky Maxi Dress: H&M (New) (very similar, best deal), (similar, dressier option).
Magenta, Large-Beaded, Plastic Drop Earrings: A Local Boutique (similar, great deal, love these), (similar by Kendra Scott, love these), (gorgeous option by Kendra Scott).
Silver Tone Long Chain Necklace w/ Crystal Angel Wings & Heart Pendants: Pacific Sunwear (similar in sterling silver, best deal, love this), (similar in sterling silver, great deal), (similar druzy necklace, love this).
Black, Soft Leather Perforated Wedges w/ Gold Rhinestone Bows + Cognac Soles: A Local Shoe Boutique (New) (very similar), (gorgeous Tory Burch option), (similar, on sale), (similar, love these).

(To view all of my 30 for 30 items and rules for this challenge, click here.)


P.S. Linking with Allison, Crystal, Jo-Lynn, Lauren, Lena, Lisa, Rebecca, Sarah and Tara.





Comments

  1. Fun colour combination & love the flowy olive skirt on you Ada! Hope you have an amazing weekend & looking forward to our Monday post:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the orchid top looks great with the olive skirt! It's an unexpected combo but it works! Have a great weekend! Looking forward to Monday's post too!

    Jill
    dousedinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely top especially with fuschia being such a pretty colour. I actually like it with olive more than I would black. I like to go for combinations that are not the obvious choice, makes things more fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these colors mixed together! They really suit each other well. Great styling!

    Have a great weekend, pretty mama!!

    xo, Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  5. That why I love 30 for 30. It makes you challenge your self. I so need to do one of these again. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for being late with your blog posts, this semester is so crazy no time do to anything besides tests and homework. I promise I will try to come by as often as I can! This outfit is adorable, looking great in pink is amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top is so pretty! Loving the slits in the sleeve! Have a great weekend!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun colors! That skirt looks amazing on you :)
    happy weekend!
    xo,
    yaudy
    http://yaudycristinafashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Just followed your blog! Check out mine sometime too? xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the skirt! It's one of those pieces that is super versatile and you'll be able to wear it with so many things.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's an unexpected combo, but I think it works well! I really like this blouse on you too! The colors and pattern are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you styled the outfit! I think the olive works great with the floral top...You look very stylish, Ada!!
    I'm getting very inspired to do the Challenge...you always look so wonderful x
    Angele

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hear you about a challenge though. Glad that you are sticking it it no matter what.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to think outside the box! This will look really cute with a black maxi dress or skirt when you have the chance to wear all your clothes again! Love that pretty lip color too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun colors! Thanks for joining my link up!
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a couple of outfits in my remix that aren't my favorite either...but oh well...we are being creative, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts