Thursday Moda #198: Outerwear - Paying Attention to the Details.

Good Morning you all. I have been MIA and have been so busy. Story of my life lol! But how is it half-way through January yet?! We will blink and soon say "How is it half-way through 2020, already?" Our weather has been all over the place: snowy, ice, hale, sun, rain, terrible winds, frozen rain, clear skies. You name it, we have experienced it weather-wise this month. Honestly the day I wore this which was last Sunday, I am shocked my hat was staying put because it was so darn windy. Today, this Wednesday Jan 15th is National Hat Day and this post I planned to write is perfect for it, because I am a hat lady and I like a good floppy hat or felt hat for Winter and a good fedora or big summery floppy hat for the warm hazy days of Summer. This post is all about being warm+cozy yet staying warm and stylish in your outerwear and Winter accessories while paying attention to the details like: adding a pop of color, matching with your little one, putting on cute shoes or other accessories like hats and scarves as you brave the cold.

OUTERWEAR  -  PAYING  ATTENTION  TO  THE  DETAILS.
Sharing some outerwear and two of our coats Vivian and I have been wearing this Winter. Mine is the Black+White+Gray Plaid Wrap Coat from Target that I purchased last year and have already worn over a dozen of times between last year and this year. I usually size up in coats but wish I would have kept my regular size Small in this. My light brown hat is also Target, wish you could see the floral embroidery on the floppy part. Sweet Vivian is wearing what I call her "Starry Night Galaxy" Puffer Coat by Gap Kids. It is the lightest, most comfortable coat, yet so warm and cozy, this is the second year she has been wearing it. I love Gap for baby, toddler and kids clothes. The quality is awesome! She is wearing leopard leggings by Wal-Mart (I own identical ones) perfectly matched with her golden/tan faux suede boots by Target. The velvet burgundy headband with the sparkly crystals is new by Francesca's. I love that we get to share together a lot of our headbands and hair accessories. I snapped some photos in full of sweet Vivian and should have had her take a couple of me, but it's OK, you can still see my outfit. I am wearing my dark indigo wash jeans by LOFT which have a tuxedo strip down the side which is in a burgundy velvet material and they look so cute with my black+tan booties (they are from the kid's line Cat+Jack by Target) that have black+red laces and are colorblocked with some red+black buffalo checkered material on the top part. We wore these outfits last Sunday, when we delivered our last Christmas present for this season (and visited my cousin). As someone who is horrible at wrapping presents, I did a great job wrapping this one, using tulle and ribbon. What do you think? 

Like I mentioned, when wearing outerwear, it is important to pay attention to the details and don't forego the makeup or a pretty lipstick if you can. I love how my dark blue jeans matches Vivian's coat and all the pops of red/burgundy, too. I mean Vivian's headband matches the tuxedo strips of my jeans perfectly. They are both in a burgundy velvet material! What do you think?! I am linking up my identical jeans from Loft. They have several jeans right now with a side tuxedo strip which I love. I linked several other similar jeans, coats, earrings, hats and boots. Ditto for Vivian's pieces. Loving all the beautiful tuxedo-style jeans I found and linked for you, on the widget below. I am particularly adoring all the coats I found that are similar to ours. Target has a similar, dressier black+white coat right now and I love the Calvin Klein one and the red buffalo print one. The red buffalo print boots are gorgeous too and would match those red buffalo print booties, perfectly!







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter




Comments

  1. totally get the all over the place feeling. Life sure seems to be interrupting us moe lately doesnt it? Love the putdoor vibe here. I need to dig my hats back out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how time is flying by either. Life just gets that way, I suppose. I am loving your plaid wrap coat and that cute hat. And Vivian’s coat is super cute, too!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like that plaid wrap coat! Kind of glad it is not from this season because I would be so tempted to get it. I love you in this outfit: and you are right the details just make the look.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving that coat on you! And your little girl is so cute too!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ada, that plaid wrap coat is adorable. And Iove your hat! Darn, I didn't know it was National Hat Day yesterday!! Lol! Yes, time is flying by SO fast! Have a great weekend.

    xx Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your coat Ada! You both look so warm, but still manage to stay cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that hat on you Ada!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  8. More photos of that plaid coat, please—it looks so chic and cozy!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two look delightfully warm and cozy!

    Michelle
    http://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hat and plaid coat Ada! Vivian's headband is so pretty - I love all the embellished headbands around at the moment!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your coat dear, such a cozy classic.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts