Currently, October 2019.

Welcome October! Hard to believe that there is only a quarter left in this year and in three short months it will be Twenty Twenty!! But I am excited for Vivian's Halloween activities this month. =) Linking up this monthly series, with Anne.



arranging: Clothes for Fall+Winter and moving/packing away clothes for Spring+Summer. I am basically changing around Vivian's wardrobe and mine this week. That is my plan this weekend. I keep a few leggings and both long-sleeve and short-sleeve tees in her drawers year-around but items like summer dresses, shorts, most skirts, jeans, sweatshirts, sweaters, beanies, scarves, swimsuits and knits get changed around, according to the season.

loving: The Warm Weather and pretty high temperatures for as long as I can. It was as high as 83 degrees today on October 1st and I am not complaining. I hope more temps in the 60s and some days on the 70s stick around till the third week of October. I don't mind an Indian Summer one bit.

embracing: Besides the nice, warm days I am embracing the touches of Fall I see everywhere, from the little Fall decor in my home to the leaves I see falling, the smell of pumpkin everything, all the yummy coffee and tea drinks, the new Fall scents not just pumpkin but also cinnamon, chocolate, hazelnut, salted caramel, etc. I appreciate all the nicely-decorated front porches, as well as all the decorations in the down-towns and little boutiques (being decorated with pumpkins, gourds, dry corn bunches, scarecrows etc. and some even with fun Halloween decor).

 purchasing: Hopefully nothing this month. I am definitely trying not to spend much money this month or till the end of the year actually. Fingers crossed I make it! 

sharing: New Fall Outfits and New Content on the blog. My goal is to post 5 times each week this month (keep your fingers crossed as I keep mine crossed lol). It is about time I get back to a more regular, full-time schedule and routine here on the blog.

Since I have blogged both of my Long Chenille Cardigans in the last two posts (here and here) I decided to look back/recap at two similar casual outfits I wore with both of these cardigans - the Bronze/Ochra Cardi and the Blush Pink/Mauve Cardi from two years ago, in 2017.

I did this two-fer post back in late October and I talked about how this type of outfit: skinny jeans, t-shirt and long cozy cardigan was my Everyday Casual Fall Uniform for that year. There are so many common elements to these two outfits: my Long Identical Chenille Cardigans are layered over White T-Shirts and paired with Straight-Leg Jeans. With both outfits I am wearing Almond-Shaped Drop Earrings too and flat shoes, be it my Khaki Sneakers or my Silver Loafers. I love these looks and for sure they are Early Fall Uniforms or I should call them "Momiform" this Fall, two years later, too.


SHOP MY OUTFITS, BELOW:









Comments

  1. good luck on posting 5 days this month. I'm actually going to be taking a 9 day blogging break this month.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do love a cozy chenille sweater this time of year! It is cold, cold, cold here already. 50’s in the day time and 30’s at night. We had about one week of Fall and now it feels like Winter! I have not been shopping either and hope to stick to that. It’s actually kind of easy to refrain since I have no money! Hahaha. I have been trying to post 5 times a week as well...it is challenging even when it is my main focus. So I wish you luck because you have a million other things on your plate! But know that we will still keep reading even if you only post 1 or 2 or 3 times a week.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they look so soft and cozy! So hot here and a high of 100 today so no sweaters in sight yet!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chenille, it's so nice and warm. Cardigans are the best aren't they! I love to wear them as I am always cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cardis look so cosy with the jeans, great for autumn! :)

    Thank you for the link up!

    Hope that your week is going well :) I've just posted a giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great outfits. Love all the cardigans, they are so perfect for this time of the year!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sharing your goal, trying to get back to five posts a week. I have been slack the last few months and down to three. Cute sweater

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 posts a week is a great goal! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rose cardi looks fab. Putting that on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, it's about that time to pull out the warmer clothes... and realize your kid has outgrown them all! And yes, I'd be very happy for the temperature to stay around 65-70 in September. I love a fall uniform with jeans and a cardigan, and that's perfect weather for it! Love the color of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts