Thursday Moda #282, Skirtmas in July: The ASYMMETRICAL Skirt.

I am super late with all of my posts but Skirtmas in July continues, with my friend MIREILLE of Chez Mireille. We are showing you a variety of skirts: mini, midi, maxi, denim and today - asymmetrical - and styling them our way, dressed up, dressed down or in between. Like you see in the collage above, I dressed up my asymmetrical skirt today while Mireille's outfit falls in the middle between casual and dressy, because of that strategic pair of shoes she chose - bright orange espadrille flats. I am in love with her black pencil asymmetrical skirt with white stripes - it's such a versatile piece and I love that's in a classic black+white!

THE  ASYMMETRICAL  SKIRT.
The ASYMMETRICAL Skirt I think has been around for a couple of decades now and has been totally an IT style piece over the last 5-6 years. You see asymmetrical skirts from all lengths nowadays, even skorts. I have even seen casual loungewear skirts that are so fun and modern in their asymmetric design. This hi-lo ruffled asymmetrical skirt is by Target from a few years ago (remember the brand Massimo?!). I paired it with a current asymmetrical one-shoulder baby blue top, also by Target. I love how both pieces played with each other in the sense that they are both asymmetric and they both feature fun, flouncy ruffles. On a first glance this outfit feels very monochromatic too because of the soft pastel shades of lavender and lilac from the skirt, the baby blue from the top and the grey/silver from the fun textured clutch. I love when colors from the same family of hues fall together in one place for one smooth monochrome look. I dressed it up with my block-heel, bow, black suede sandals which I have also had for a few years and with natural wavy hair. Because both pieces of my outfit make a statement with the fun ruffles, I kept the jewelry very simple and wore a pair of classic silver circle zirconia studs. 





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter








Comments

  1. I love your asymmetrical outfit! That skirt is darling on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the asymmetric hemline of your skirt and fabulous one shoulder top!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog post is a fashionista's dream! Your style tips are always on point. Thanks for keeping us in the loop on the latest trends. šŸ‘—šŸ‘ šŸ’„


    Make me a logo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indulge in fashion-forward flair with the asymmetrical skirt trend! This style revolutionizes traditional silhouettes, offering a captivating and modern twist. While a world away from best wedding and event mobile bar services in the USA, the asymmetrical skirt steals the spotlight with its unique design. Ideal for fashion-forward events or weddings, it adds a touch of contemporary elegance. Just as mobile bars bring innovation to events, the asymmetrical skirt injects a dose of avant-garde fashion into wardrobes, creating a style statement that resonates with the dynamic spirit of celebrations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts