Skirtmas in July: The Pencil Skirt.

Another day, another skirt. And I particularly love this outfit today featuring a pencil skirt. I love it not only because pencil skirts are one of my favorite style of skirts ever, but also because the way I styled this sleek, sexy, sophisticated, fancy, black sequined pencil skirt. This skirt has been in my closet for 3-4 years and good thing I remembered to wear it because it's too good! 

THE  PENCIL  SKIRT.
The PENCIL Skirt is one of those pieces that has been a staple in millions of women's closets, for years. Especially women in office jobs and business environments. I think it originated from the 60s, think "Mad Men" attire. You can never go wrong with a pencil skirt and some heels, especially a pair of classic pumps. As far as tops to pair with one, the possibilities are endless. Button-downs, frilly blouses, bell sleeves, crop tops, camisoles, chambray, flannel, cardigans, sweaters, bustier, blazers, honestly you can wear them with anything on top. For a date night I went for lots of animal print, lots of texture and sparkle too. I love the matte sequins of this pencil skirt and the chambray mesh silver underlay peaking from the hem. It paired so well with this wispy of a camisole in timeless leopard (those henley-style buttons on the front are so fun), a dark chocolate snakeskin print foldover clutch (I also shopped my closet for it) and my gold textured python-embossed sandals which I originally purchased last Summer to wear to my baby shower. These gold designer sandals are so beautiful, well-made and super comfortable too. Dressing up the outfit accessory-wise I chose long, dainty pearl earrings, a champagne-colored Victoria Emmerson wrap bracelet on one wrist and some beaded silver/grey/neutral bracelets on the other wrist. Believe it or not both my skirt and camisole are by Target but look like much more expensive things you can find at Nordstrom, Macy's or Bloomingdales. I linked lots of similar options. The foldover brown snakeskin clutch is bt Express.

It was a hot evening but I felt cool in my camisole and the light ensemble I created, alongside my hot date - my husband. Do you ladies own at least a pencil skirt?! What style tops are your favorites to wear with it?! If you work at an office, when was the last time you wore a pencil skirt?!

This was totally unplanned but I am glad to see that MIREILLE from Chez Mireille also wore a black pencil skirt - the tailored, polished, put-together kind which is perfect for an office - and she dressed up hers, too. We both wore neutral/gold strappy sandals, dangly earrings and dressier tops. Her beautiful eggplant lace halter would be perfect for a date night, too. We also have similar backgrounds now both posing by trees and flowers in our gardens.



 






Comments

  1. Such a pretty dressy outfit! Love the heels too: I don't have much that is really dressy so I always admire those type of clothes.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww looking so glamorous, dear! Chic and you look beautiful!
    Marie
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love these summer sequins. What a fun way to dress up this summer.

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a chic look! Love the your sequin skirt!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute look!! I love the sequins with the leopard. Would be perfect for a date night!!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one sexy skirt, lady! Love it with the leopard too. So glad you're back with the linkups!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pencil skirt and sequins - my idea of heaven! Looking great Ada

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ada, this skirt is magnificently sparkly and sassy! What a fabulous outfit. I love the mixed animal prints, too! You look amazing, my friend. I am a big fan of pencil skirts but I don't wear them often!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute skirt for festive occasions! Thanks for hosting the link-up.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to rock it Ada! Love that fun sequin skirt especially paired with leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sequins and animal print is such a sassy combination! You look fabulous!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts