Skirtmas in July: The MINI Skirt.

Happy JULY!! I cannot believe we are halfway through the year, exactly one year. It will be a hot month and a Summer to remember when it comes to my outfits, because I plan to wear a lot of fun things and I plan to blog a lot (3-4 times a week this month of July, alone). This July I am bringing back the "SKIRTMAS IN JULY" series joined by my friend Mireille from Chez Mireille. I originally did this series 3 years ago in the Summer of 2019 with my friend Elsie from Polished Whimsy - a skirt lover. Both Elsie and I had babies last Fall, many years apart from our first daughters (she had a sweet baby boy in October and I had my adorable baby in September). You can find all of the original Skirtmas in July posts here. Between those outfits and this month's outfits, you will find a lot of inspiration when it comes to wearing and styling your skirts for Summer (and beyond). Mireille and I will bring you so many fun outfits in our skirts. I have looked at a lot of her looks with her skirts and I love how different and unique our outfits are! We will start our Skirtmas in July today with THE MINI - My Favorite Style of skirt. 


THE  MINI  SKIRT.
The MINI Skirt is my favorite style of skirt ever, I am talking about a classic mini that falls mid thigh and is pretty fitted to your body, like a bodycon. Though I don't discriminate against flowy minis, A-line minis or the drawstring mini skirts. I have always loved a good mini skirt because I think my legs are my best feature - I think a big reason for this is all the walking I do. Coincidentally when I originally did the Skirtmas in July series my mini skirt was also white. As a matter of fact I did a Dressy Mini Skirt and a Denim Mini Skirt and also coincidentally I styled both of those skirts with lavender and pink tops. In today's post I styled the oldest skirt you will see styled in this series with a new bell-sleeve lavender gingham cropped top by Abercrombie. I am in love with this cropped top and almost all the tops, blouses and crops (oh and the stunning dresses) Abercrombie has currently in their Summer 2022 collection. This crochet style mini skirt is from H+M and I got it such a long time in Albania, when I was a new mom and Vivian was around 1.5 years old. After having a second baby, it still fits and looks perfect in style for 2022. After all a mini skirt or a crochet knit will never go out of style. I dressed up this outfit which I wore for dinner with my mom, her best friend and my girls - with my leather suede block heel strappy sandals by Ann Taylor and gold pave safety pin statement earrings - I have gotten them in a pack of 3 from Amazon and they are all fun and beautiful earrings. I love how I mixed textures between the crochet of the skirt and the ruching on the front of my blouse. Do you love to wear skirts in the Summer? What is your favorite style of skirt to wear?! Do you love mini skirts as much as I do?! Make sure you stop by Mireille's Blog too to see what Mini Skirt she wore.

It was such a beautiful day, albeit a little bit too hot for me. I love the location of these photos. I could use a little tan though, especially since I am wearing a mini skirt and showing so much leg!











I will leave the linkup widget of my Thursday Moda below, also. Thursday MODA will be back for good, for every Thursday to come, in 2022. You can subscribe to my linkup to see when a new one goes up. Thank You.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter






Comments

  1. Lovely lace details on the skirt.
    You two look beautiful! And Vivian is growing up!
    Take care always!
    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back Ada, and with such a pretty summery look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail on your skirt.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pretty outfit, friend! I can't believe it's July either, it's wild how quickly time is flying!

    Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, love to see the pictures of you and Vivian! The texture here is beautiful and I love the style of your top Ada.
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts