Skirtmas in July: The BRIGHT+BOLD Skirt.

I will be honest with you, I was originally going to post a midi skirt today, but for God's sake where have I packed and placed all of my midi skirts?! I will say though that this gorgeous pleated skirt I am wearing is in the perfect length, between a midi and maxi so it kind of falls into both categories. Mireille's stunning midi skirt in the boldest, brightest floral print suits the category for BRIGHT+BOLD so today we are focusing on...

THE  BRIGHT+BOLD  SKIRT.
Every woman needs a bright+bold skirt in their closets. Mine 100% suits this category because it is in the brightest, happiest shade of fuchsia, it features flowing, beautiful pleats and most definitely makes a statement! This skirt was purchased from a local boutique. I am all about supporting local shops and small businesses and buying this skirt definitely did that. I paired the skirt with a white graphic tee featuring bold purple and pink flowers studded with silver mini studs - a piece I have owned for at least a decade, from White House Black Market which always has the best graphic tees. Since it was cool and breezy I added a classic blue denim jacket (from Old Navy) on top and for shoes I chose these two-toned black+silver perforated slip-on espadrilles, purchased a couple of years ago, on clearance. I accessorized with the prettiest gold chain necklace featuring a jade elephant (my boo got as a present for me this year, for our anniversary). How do you wear the BRIGHT+BOLD Skirt?! Would you wear a bright skirt or a bold-printed one for the cold months too?! I totally would. Picture this fuchsia pleated skirt with a skinny black turtleneck sweater tucked in it, for example?! I need to do that look, actually.

These pictures date from a few months ago, from this Spring. They were taken by a park near a lake, not far at all from us. It was such a gorgeous day and ducks and geese were swimming. My outfit felt put-together and pretty, but also quite casual to walk and stroll the kids.
A denim jacket really does go with anything and everything, doesn't it?! This blue denim jacket in a dark wash goes so well with this bright+bold fuschsia pleated skirt. PLUS, I happen to love blue paired with pink.














Comments

Popular Posts