The Sunday Showcase, June 2022: Polka Dots for Summer.

This is such a belated Sunday Showcase post but better late than never. I have had so much going on. I am so busy. Vivian finishes school this week and the last couple of weeks I have been very occupied with her and she has had so many activities - most of which I have been present for, fortunately. But honestly the worst of this super busy season for me, is the extra exhaustion, lack of sleep and bad sleeping in general, because Gisele is going through a very bad sleep regression. I am sure it's pretty normal with most babies, I know that from experience, from research and also I have talked to several mom friends who have babies that are Gisele's age. She is teething badly and I am sure going through growth leaps but man she has kept me on my feet. Her night sleep is bad - it has never been awesome but man has it gotten bad - and her naps are awful too. She takes at least one nap daily, in my arms. Gisele keeps me so busy and is always attached to me. I can rarely get anything done. My house is paying the price for it, lol. But here I am with my dear friend Mireille, styling Polka Dots for the Summer. Coincidentally we both wore polka dot dresses.


POLKA  DOTS  FOR  SUMMER.
I love my beige dress with its fun textured white polka dots - they look like mini fur balls. For the first time ever I ordered from The Red Dress - an online boutique - and I was so happy with all the dresses (and a couple of accessories) I got from there. It was a shopping spree gift from my man for my birthday. I wore this dress the day after Mother's Day when I had a lunch date with one of my close friends who took me out for my birthday and gave me a beautiful gift, too. Miss Gisele came too, of course. I love this little dress in such a light material and it paired so well with these faux leather nude slides with silver bejeweled stones in gemoetric shapes (by Target), which also look like polka dots in fun geo shapes. My millennial pink leather backpack by Steve Madden complimented and completed this dress and sandals look perfectly, and it created a nice, flawless monochromatic all-neutral look. Last but not least I wore these pink rose beaded statement earrings - since I was still celebrating my birthday - also by Red Dress.

A  LITTLE  BRUNCH  BIRTHDAY  DATE  WITH  A  FRIEND.
My friend Elisa and I enjoyed a little brunch at one of our favorite local restaurants. I have always wanted to try out this place - which Elisa loves - and I was so happy she invited me for lunch there. They have great mimosas and amazing cappucinos and lattes - but the best part is the food. Their menu is huge and I had a hard time choosing but ultimately I went for the avocado turkey sandwich and Elisa had the avocado toast which looked delicious and I almost chose to eat, too. This place was packed - there is almost always a wait - we had to make a reservation. I thought the plasce was so cute, the food though a little pricey was very very good and the service was good too. I also loved the fresh little roses on the tables; each table had one big pink rose inside a little glass vase and they all smelled good too. What I didn't like so much was that the tables were too close together and it was so hard to move, especially with a stroller or a carseat. I think they could have had a few less tables to make some room. I cannot wait to have breakfast, lunch or brunch here soon, especially outside in their nice patio. I need to have a family day there soon, the four of us.

I love Mireille's classic black dress with white polka dots. Strangely enough I don't own a black dress with white dots (though I did have one years go). This kind of dress is very versatile since its classic and timeless, especially in those colors: a LBD with white dots. In her post Mireille showed two ways to wear it but I particularly loved it with the big floppy hat and wooden heel cognac sandals - I own the same ones in black. I think with the hat, statement earrings and cognac heels the styling is very Parisian which is awesome since Mireille is French.








You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter







Comments

  1. Happy belated birthday, Ada! Love both your and Mireille's polka dot dresses for spring. Lovely that you were able to enjoy a birthday lunch out, and hope baby Gisele gets back on an easier sleeping schedule! Enjoyed your post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is super cute. Also the food looks amazing.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that polka dot dress, easy to wear and very chic!
    Take care always, dear!
    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I am so glad that you got to enjoy a special birthday lunch with Elisa! You look adorable in this cute dress. I hope you are all able to get some adequate sleep soon. I do not miss those sleep struggles with new babies!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize the polka dots had texture: that makes the dress even more fun! Sounds like such a fun day with your friend. Hope this stage of no sleeping will pass quickly.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute dress Ada, and the food looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your dress! It looks so pretty. How sweet of your husband for the shopping spree! I've never heard of The Red Dress, but I will definitely have to check it out. I hope you had the best birthday!!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mein Haus is the one stop solution for all your needs. We offer services such as: - Architects In Mississauga - House Cleaning Services in Toronto - Painting Services - Handyman Services Mein Haus has professionals who can do it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's crucial that forklift drivers are trained in the basics, such as how to start and stop the machine, as well as any relevant legislation they need to know about. We're here to provide you with high-quality driver training at a reasonable price - get in touch today! Click Here If You Know About
    counterbalance forklift training

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot.online music classes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts