Thursday Moda #279: Mommy and Me 4th of July Looks with Old Navy, Part One.

And just like that it's the end of June and in fashion world it's already Fall with stores filling their shelves with back to school supplies and decor and rolling out Fall clothes: cardigans, sweaters, curdoroy, flannel, booties and leggings. I am looking at you Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. But in the real world is very much Summer and I cannot wait to wear ALL of my Summer clothes in the next 3 months (till the end of September). Today is the perfect example of that, showing adorable Mommy and Me 4th of July Inspired Looks by Old Navy. And this is only part one. Stay tuned for part two for a special Sunday Showcase/4th of July combined post with my friend Mireille.

MOMMY  AND  ME  4TH  OF  JULY  LOOKS:  RED  WITH  WHITE  FLORAL  EMBROIDERY.
This Summer I have added several new pieces to my closet and the girls' closets by Old Navy. They have the cutest things, plus they always have amazing sales or the Old Navy cash coupons they run often. Right now they have the perfect matching looks for the family, including dad and the sweet boys in your life (if you are a boy mom). For girls especially they have such cute dresses, tops, rompers and blouses, even swimsuits for the entire family. I love that the same style print or pattern or in this case embroidery comes in a variety of styles. For example I am wearing a baby doll style top, Vivian has on a midi-length dress and Gisele is in a sundress. I love the deep red color of these pieces and the cute white floral embroidery on them. I mixed and matched the girls in baby pink+white socks and baby pink and white shoes too and they are both wearing matching red bows with pink heart dots, purchased by my favorite bow shop. I love their cute dresses - they could totally be dressed up or down. I matched Gisele's red Ryan+Rose pacifier and paci holder with her adorable dress. Note, the baby dress runs small - Old Navy baby and toddler sizes run small. I sized up for Gisele, while Vivian is wearing her true size and I am wearing my true size S in the blouse, too. I dressed up my top by pairing it with a textured ecru/off white wrap skirt by the A New Day line at Target. I purposedly chose this skirt today because all the month of July I will feature Skirts for "Skirtmas in July" with my friend MIREILLE of Chez Mireille Fashion. We will feature so many skirts too like minis, maxis, pencil style, pleated, etc, etc. Today's skirt fits into many categories of the skirts I will be wearing and styling in July: it's a wrap style skirt, in a midi length and a pencil skirt silouhette.

I dressed up the skirt+blouse outfit with these black wooden heel sandals by Target that are very very comfortable. I added the red watermelon slice beaded statement earrings (by Etsy) which matched perfectly and stack of colorful stretchy bracelets in a variety of pinks and neutrals (by Amazon). My Hexagon-shaped aqua sunglasses were found for $3.99 at Below Five - a store I never go to actually lol. They are so cute and unique! Our embroidered pieces from Old Navy are sold out online - mine were purchased at my local store. But I linked several other similar pieces from Old Navy in Americana colors. Check out the widget on the bottom of this post. I linked up similar sandals and skirts too - love them all.

These photos were taken the day after Vivian's last day of school (I can't believe she will be in 4th grade this Fall). I took the girls out to celebrate and we were joined by Vivian's best friend and her mom and brother, too. The girls took a ton of photos together too especially with the fun filters by Snapchat. I took a lot of photos with my girls, in front of this boutique all decorated for the 4th of July. It was the perfect backdrop to our Americana looks. The mural with the colorful bird, fish and butterfly was so beautiful too - that's new. Overall it was a fabulous day! Vivian said she was so tired afterwards (we walked a lot) but very happy too!

The way they look at each other. The way they love each other. My mom heart can't handle all this sweetness!













You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter









Comments

  1. What a sweet set of pictures! I love that red on each of you. I haven't shopped at Old Navy in a bit because I'd rather try in store but then I miss out on some of the sales. And I really don't need any more summer clothes lol! Great outfit!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing the two girls together Ada. And your matching looks are so sweet.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ada, these matching outfits look amazing on all three of you! This shade of red is really great, too. I really like your boho top over the long white skirt. Super cute!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ada! I'll link my posts in a few, wanted to come by and see you. I love all 3 of you in these red embroidered outfits I can't believe how tall Vivian is! Such sweet photos!
    Jessxx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mommy and me matching outfits.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a positive comment or constructive criticism. I appreciate it. I try to reply to your comments as often as I can.

Popular Posts